Our 50 Night Reflection Odyssey

C 2 C

I unfortunately woke up ill today and spent most of my day sleeping and being taken care of. While I was awake, I read this post. It was a really nice way to spend a quiet Saturday! I must say how much I appreciated the time you took to post. I really enjoyed your candor and humor. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and took the good with the bad. I hope you had a safe trip home!

Ellen

Our odyssey is not quite over. We are still onboard for the Naming Ceremony today.

To be on a ship where vouchers are history, the drinks are free and internet has a $0.00 per minute charge...

I am presently enjoying both, a concoction of my own design (imitation is the highest form of flattery to everyone but copyright lawyers) to remind me of the Black Ouzo "medicine" that I was obliged to leave behind in Rhodes: equal parts Sambuca and Kahlua (my taste buds and throat are appreciating every evaporating molecule) and the ability to post slowly between sips.

We were the first paying passengers that boarded the ship in Amsterdam and the last passengers that passed through immigration at 11:35 this morning. I am sure that a few people will comment on the disembarkation process. Normally, back to back passengers are taken for processing and reboarding at 10:00 am. Today we watched the process snake slowly through the terminal at a "leisurely pace" to its ultimate conclusion before the all clear signal was given to reboard.

The biggest shock was to see Chandru, the CC host disembark for home???

From the Sky lounge in sunny Miami, as I sign off to all our friends with whom we shared this wonderful voyage: A toast to you: "With the fondest of memories", till we meet again, tot ziens

I lift my glass to you Arno. Kay and I really enjoyed spending a little time with you two on this crossing. Will see you soon, I hope.

Larry

Oh wow, what now? Are you certain Chandru is going home and not to another ship? Hope things are ok with him and his family. Was so looking forward to seeing him again.

Flying down tomorrow am and looking forward to boarding on the 3rd.

Anne

Talked to Chandru 2 days before arriving Miami.He said he will be leaving in Dec. but didn't get specify date from him when he will be leaving.

Didn't expect to be so soon.:confused:

What a nice guy.Wishing him the best where ever he is.

Talked to Chandru 2 days before arriving Miami.He said he will be leaving in Dec. but didn't get specify date from him when he will be leaving.

Didn't expect to be so soon.:confused:

What a nice guy.Wishing him the best where ever he is.

Hopefully, he is just changing ships. Too soon to be the end of his contract.

Anne

• 3 weeks later...

Archived