Just got off Miracle - any questions?

dadofgage

My wife and I just got off the Miracle today (5/22) - as I am writing my review for posting on this board, does anyone have any specific questions regarding the Miracle?

We had a great time - met a lot of people - made some new friends and glad we are home to see our kids (but secretly wishing we could just get our kids and get back on board!).

Glad you had a good time...we leave next Sunday...can't wait.

Just curious what you did at each of the ports....

Thanks

In Grand Cayman, we went on a snorkeling excursion with Captain Bryan (booked through the internet, not Carnival). I would rate this an exceptional experience. The boat we took was a nice catamaran and our guides were great.

In Costa Maya, we did a beach party, but I cannot remember who it was booked with (someone else booked it for us) but again we booked through the internet and not Carnival. This also was a great time. $25 for unlimited drinks.

In Cozumel, we did not do any excursions but I had scheduled a massage for my wife and I with 'Massage by Sally'. This was the best money I spent on the cruise. Sally gave us a local restaurant recommendation that was just phenomenal and we did shopping on our own. A great day indeed.

In Belize, our group booked a cave tubing experience through Xtreme Cave Tubing. I would not recommend them, but I would recommend the cave tubing. Here I think the biggest factor was the time crunch that we were under since we were not on a 'Carnival' excursion. We were on the first tenders after the 'Carnival' excursions and we still only made it by about 15 minutes. If you are going to do the cave tubing, I would book it through Carnival.

I am trying to find out about noise from Lido deck for those cabins on Panorama - did you happen to stay on Panorama?

We were on deck 7, Verandah, forward. 71xx.

We found it to be extremely quiet and peaceful.

One thing that I did notice, that there didn't seem to be much activity past 12 midnight on the Lido deck. Some people were eating and such and hanging out at the aft bar, but that was about it. If you are in a foward cabin, I would say that is should be fine.

How was the band on the lido deck? reggae/tropical i assume?

Were you affected at all by the early storm coming across central america?

They had a band called 'Motion' that was good - reggae/tropical. One day they had a single guy playing music and a guitar - wasn't too bad, wasn't too good either - definitely average.

It seemed like no one really knew that there was a storm when we talked to them about it. When we left Belize on Friday, it seemed a little more rough sailing than we had all week, but not bad by any means. We also were going 24 knots, so that may have had something to do with it as well. Overall, no real effects.

dadofgage, I have read that there is a small dining room to the back of the main dining room. Did you notice this room. How many tables are in there, and would it be difficult to see and here what is going on in the main room.

I was also on that sailing, and my cabin was on Panorama (8177) right under Horatio's. If I was on the balcony, you got quite a bit of noise when anyone moved a chair, but all was quiet in the cabin.

dadofgage, I have read that there is a small dining room to the back of the main dining room. Did you notice this room. How many tables are in there, and would it be difficult to see and here what is going on in the main room.

I saw the room that you are referring to but I don't think that I can give you an accurate description - it looked similar to the dining room and it looked like it was decent in size but that is about all I remember. I did not walk into the room or anything to be able to tell you what you can/cannot see in the main dining room.

My wife and I just got off the Miracle today (5/22) - as I am writing my review for posting on this board, does anyone have any specific questions regarding the Miracle?

We had a great time - met a lot of people - made some new friends and glad we are home to see our kids (but secretly wishing we could just get our kids and get back on board!).

Who is the CD on the Miracle? I am going to be on the Miracle 8/21/05 and was just curious.

Who is the CD on the Miracle? I am going to be on the Miracle 8/21/05 and was just curious.

I believe his name is Mark Hawkins.

I will confirm this from my capers, but off the top of my head, this sounds correct.

Thanks for all the info. We'll be leaving on the Miracle June 26th.

I have a questions on Capt.Bryan's. Were you booked on the 10:30 to 1:30 excursion on the Buccaneer. We are and are wondering if there were any problems getting back to port to tender back to ship due to the time diff of the ship and port?

Thanks so much,

Kath

I have a questions on Capt.Bryan's. Were you booked on the 10:30 to 1:30 excursion on the Buccaneer. We are and are wondering if there were any problems getting back to port to tender back to ship due to the time diff of the ship and port?

I'm sure that this had to be the one we were on. We did not have any problems making it back to the ship whatsoever. Make sure you get to the little bakery that is right next to Capt Bryans - good muffins, sandwiches, yum.

How were the shows? A friend of mine is one of the dancers.

I'll comment just on the Beatle's themed show for now - my wife and I loved it. I thought that the singing, dancing and the sets were all well done and made for a very, very entertaining time.

We went to another show earlier in the cruise but I cannot think of the name of it right now, but it had dancers, singers, etc - a large production and it was very well done.

How was he?

To answer with the first thing that came to my head - eh.

I guess that I found both he and his assistant (Karl) to just be making fools of themselves the whole cruise. Maybe that is what they are supposed to do.

Other cruises that we have been on, I have always met the CD and run into them on the ship many times throughout the cruise.

On this cruise, however, I never once ran into him, or even saw him except for one of the shows and the debarkation talk.

Maybe what I expected a CD to do and what happens in reality are two different things.

Let me also say this, my opinion on the CD is my opinion only. Others, I'm sure, found Mark to be great and do a good job.

To answer with the first thing that came to my head - eh.

I guess that I found both he and his assistant (Karl) to just be making fools of themselves the whole cruise. Maybe that is what they are supposed to do.

Other cruises that we have been on, I have always met the CD and run into them on the ship many times throughout the cruise.

On this cruise, however, I never once ran into him, or even saw him except for one of the shows and the debarkation talk.

Maybe what I expected a CD to do and what happens in reality are two different things.

Let me also say this, my opinion on the CD is my opinion only. Others, I'm sure, found Mark to be great and do a good job.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we expect the same from a CD so we will see what happens.

Thanks so much,

Kath

I can't wait for your cruise to be over !!! LOL, if only because ours starts when yours ends!:D

DADOFGAGE: Did you happen to visit the Piano bar? I understand they were getting a new player during MAY (not sure exactly when)... Duane has been there for the last few months, and had somewhat poor reviews...

Thanks!

Tom

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we expect the same from a CD so we will see what happens.

Much of what I saw of the CD was on the video that they had of the different events on the TV in my cabin that I watched as I got changed or relaxed.

I can't wait for your cruise to be over !!! LOL, if only because ours starts when yours ends!:D

DADOFGAGE: Did you happen to visit the Piano bar? I understand they were getting a new player during MAY (not sure exactly when)... Duane has been there for the last few months, and had somewhat poor reviews...

Thanks!

Tom

We did not visit the piano bar so I do not have anything that I can tell you about it. I don't think any one else in our group did, nor did I hear any thing about it -- sorry! :(

Archived