buying snorkeling equiment on board

princesslavender

I readed in a thread somewhere that you can buy the mouth thing for snorkling on board for $5. I'm sailing on the triumph on Nov 24 and was wondering if this is true if so will just buy two one for daughter 9 and me onboard please if someone know for sure let me know that have them for sale where i live but they are more i do plan on buying my daughter a mask so i know that it fits.

I assume you are planning some excursion that involves snorkeling?? If you are buying her a mask, I'd just buy and bring the entire snorkeling set up. Unless every excursion company uses the exact same snorkels I wouldn't take a chance.

We always bring out complete snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel and fins) because we know they fit and work properly. Nothing like getting that one leaky mask!! Plus, I like to dive and prefer my snorkel to have the one way valve that keeps water out when submerged.

we had purchased ours at a local sports store at the end of summer on sale. we got the fins, mask and snorkel at a good price. nothing like having our own equipment that fits properly. it's also nice because we have the snorkel that has the shut off valve to keep water out. especially great with kids!

We bought a good quality masks and snorkels for our 10 and 12 year grand-daughters on amazon.

This mask is made for the smaller face:

http://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Snorkeling-Junior-Snorkel-Youth/dp/B0080XZZPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350004508&sr=8-1&keywords=dive+mask+youth

We always take our mask, fins, and snorkels when we cruise.

Have fun!

I have always seen $5 snorkels for sale on the ships but I don't know that it is guaranteed.

{added - maybe not on Alaska or European cruises}

Didn't see snorkels onboard when we went to Alaska but DH and the girls did go snorkeling in Ketchikan.

I LOVE my $5 Carnival snorkel. I use it every time I go snorkeling. I leave my more expensive store-bought one at home. The Carnival snorkel is an open snorkel, which is what I love. Some people on here don't like that about it, but it is for some people. I feel so much more safe using an open snorkel. A drop or 2 of salt water might get through that I taste, but I can deal with that.

Archived