LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

It's one of the dreamworks characters. I have no idea why they thought that was the venue to introduce a cartoon character.

Thanks, I will have to stop by and sea if we are related (lol)....thanks for posting

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Hi Chris,

What a great review! Hope you are having a WONDERFUL time! If you have a moment, would you mind taking a picture of your balcony? I'll be sailing on Lady O in March and will also be staying in a JS on the hump. I'm dying to know how big the balcony is! Your review has put me back into Oasis Obsession mode! :eek:

Lorie

Here are some shots of the balcony :)

046_zps8b9ec4a8.jpg

047_zpsd0ab82c1.jpg

Chris, are all the shows complimentary ? Cruisers have commented about making reservations prior to the cruise. Do you get assigned to one night for the show and seats or is it open seating for those arriving early with a reservation?

Thanks for offering this marvelous adventure for the rest of us. I know you are modest about doing this but it is time consuming. I appreciate you doing this !

Sali

Great pictures! They are so good that I'm not even going to harrass you for being a Packers fan. I hope you got to see some of the game last night. Rodgers was on fire and that's hard for me to say as a Bears fan!

Enjoy your cruise!

Tonight's dinner was at the Seafood Shack. I must say the food was very good and the service ok(I've had better service but it didn't ruin this meal)

075_zps594eef79.jpg

Seafood gumbo in a bread bowl and chips and salsa

074_zpsaa66372c.jpg

Shrimp(waiter deshells them tableside if you want) grilled in garlic and butter along with cajun potato wedges with a sour cream ranch dipping sauce

076_zps4893a7bc.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to do a live review. I can't even imagine the time and dedication it would take for me to do something like this... very grateful and makes me anticipate my 2014 Allure trip even more!

Have you made it to the jazz club yet? It was our favorite after dinner hang out on our 2010 Oasis cruise. I know the band is different now but I'm sure it's just as enjoyable.

Thanks again

Some of the Loft suites and Windjammer buffet

008_zpsea67c94b.jpg

Wow, if I had the bucks and had paid for one of those rear-facing loft suites, I think I'd be more than a little ticked at how little privacy their balconies have, let alone the entire suite after dark!

VERY nice pictures, Chris.

Hi Chris..adding a photo I took today on my bridge tour of Captain Patrik quite the personable, friendly and accessible Captain. He has only been on Oasis about 1 month. First time a Captain has been at the bridge tour for me.

Much appreciated...thanks Captain Patrik... waiting for Sunshine class n :):)

404106_10151103307666693_1735616901_n.jpg

Chris, are all the shows complimentary ? Cruisers have commented about making reservations prior to the cruise. Do you get assigned to one night for the show and seats or is it open seating for those arriving early with a reservation?

Thanks for offering this marvelous adventure for the rest of us. I know you are modest about doing this but it is time consuming. I appreciate you doing this !

Sali

The shows are free of charge. Make reservations because that way you are guaranteed a seat at the shows. You pick the night you want to see the shows. At 10 minutes before showtime they release any open seats to those without a reservation

Hi Chris..adding a photo I took today on my bridge tour of Captain Patrik quite the personable, friendly and accessible Captain. He has only been on Oasis about 1 month. First time a Captain has been at the bridge tour for me.

Much appreciated...thanks Captain Patrik... waiting for Sunshine class n :):)

404106_10151103307666693_1735616901_n.jpg

Very cool Emmy! I hope I have the chance to meet him on Friday's tour

Some of the Loft suites and Windjammer buffet

008_zpsea67c94b.jpg

Wow, if I had the bucks and had paid for one of those rear-facing loft suites, I think I'd be more than a little ticked at how little privacy their balconies have, let alone the entire suite after dark!

I am in one of those great aft facing balconies right now on this same sailing and for DH and myself privacy is not an issue with these. We are so enjoying the extra large balconies these aft facing balconies afford compared to the side ones. Managed to grab one at a great price point. Spoiled for sure!! :):)

by the way Chris is a super nice guy..great job Chris!!!

I am in one of those great aft facing balconies right now on this same sailing and for DH and myself privacy is not an issue with these. We are so enjoying the extra large balconies these aft facing balconies afford compared to the side ones. Managed to grab one at a great price point. Spoiled for sure!! :):)

Hey Emmy is the one with they escape ladder yours......:D

Karen:)

I must say that further down in this thread I saw the picture looking OUT from the balcony and thought that Wow! What a great place to people-watch (one of my favorite hobbies - I'm so high energy). I equally enjoy, however, sitting out in my jammies in the morning with a little pot of coffee staring out at the ocean without eyes staring back at me.:eek: Now, if I, per chance, happened to be upgraded to one of the Loft Suites (can you hear me laughing from here???!!!), I wouldn't complain at all.

Yes, Chris certainly seems like a very nice and very generous guy, as well as a great photographer. I almost liked the second "side of the ship at sunrise" snap better than the first!. Hope you all have an amazing time on this trip.

I am excited because I was able to book the ship tour for 9:15am on Friday :)

We will be arriving in Labadee tomorrow at 8am

So for now, goodnight from the Oasis Of The Seas and thanks for tuning in everyone! :)

Would you mind telling me about the ship tour? Is this a free tour or is there a fee? Thank you in advance.....19 days until we sail on the Oasis ;)

Was it 30 for the week? Do they give you unlimited minutes? How does it work?

Each phone has a different phone number and you can put your friends number as a speed dial option. You have no voice mail on the phones. It is unlimited minutes. If you lose or break the phone you owe RCCL $400 per phone.

What an absolutely gorgeous review. I feel like I am on a mini vacation. With each picture I see it brings back wonderful memories of my time on the Oasis. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to more beautiful pictures

Would you mind telling me about the ship tour? Is this a free tour or is there a fee? Thank you in advance.....19 days until we sail on the Oasis ;)

Ship tour is 150 dollars. Available on day 5 or 7 at either 8:15am or 9am

The comedy show was great. Had me in tears as did the Love and Marriage show

Tomorrow's report comes from Falmouth. We will be arriving at 10am. But for now, goodnight from the Oasis Of The Seas :)

Archived