LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Thanks so much Chris. It was great. :D Nothing like joining in late....but now you have cost me a lot of money.

I MUST GO ON OASIS soon. And its a long was from Aust...so will have to do 2 cruises plus some time doing other things!!!!!

Thanks for the trip.

Raina

Canberra

Australia

Thank you for the kind words. You will not regret your decision to sail on Oasis. She is an incredible ship along with her sister Allure. It may be more to sail on both of those ships but IMHO, well worth it. I had a fantastic time and can't wait to be on Allure in 2014 :)

• 2 weeks later...
Well then they add on the $16 taxes ... but $52 was my bid.

It seems to be the going price though.. There is a science to Priceline bidding (using those other zones for extra Free bids, etc) and 1 popular forum for research as well.

Chris thank you so very much for the awesome review. I did not get to this review until a few days ago but I have truly enjoyed every minute of it.

I am wondering if someone can clarify what is meant by this Priceline info above?? I have always been afraid of using Priceline incase I did end up with a hotel I really did not want. I know for sure if we go to any of the ports I want a oceanview room to enjoy before the cruise. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

I will for sure be watching for any of the live reviews I can follow as this was so entertaining and informative at the same time. Thanks again

[/b]

Chris thank you so very much for the awesome review. I did not get to this review until a few days ago but I have truly enjoyed every minute of it.

I am wondering if someone can clarify what is meant by this Priceline info above?? I have always been afraid of using Priceline incase I did end up with a hotel I really did not want. I know for sure if we go to any of the ports I want a oceanview room to enjoy before the cruise. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

I will for sure be watching for any of the live reviews I can follow as this was so entertaining and informative at the same time. Thanks again

Hi there and first off I appreciate the compliments.

With priceline there would be little chance that you would end up getting a hotel you didn't like. Allow me to explain:

When you go to name your own price(bid) you can select what star level you want. For Fort Lauderdale the highest choice will be 4 star deluxe. So you are assured that if your bid is accepted you WILL get a 4 star deluxe hotel, nothing less. You will select the areas you are interested in staying in. I would choose more than one area as it will increase your chance of getting your bid accepted. For my bid I chose Downtown, beach area, and near the airport. That will keep you close to Port Everglades. I submitted my bid of 85 and the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 accepted my bid. It's a nice 4 star hotel on the east side of causeway bridge, at the north end of Port Everglades. I have been told that this hotel is usually the one that is the first one to accept, followed by the Hilton Marina, which is also a very nice hotel on the west side of the causeway bridge, followed by the Sheraton beachfront hotel(another nice hotel).

If you're still unsure and need more help let me know and I can provide you with contact info and when you go to bid, we can do kind of a "walk through" process so I can help you as you bid.

The only drawback is you can't request what type of room you want when you bid but can at the front desk. Usually these hotels are more than willing to accommodate you and will give you an oceanview room if they have one available, although rooms overlooking the intracoastal waterway are nice as well and I would not pass that up if offered.

Hope that helps and my next LIVE review will be in April when I sail on Celebrity Silhouette on April 7th :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Chris -- still following along on your vacation, and loving every minute of it! My turn is coming soon!

I don't know if this may sound off-topic, but have you seen the "Live the Oasis" Book while you have been onboard? I have heard about this book and wanted to know if they are still available on the ship to buy. If you happen to find out, I'd love to know before I go. Thanks so much!!!

Not sure if I'm too late to answer this, but we bought both the Live the Allure and Live the Oasis books at the Rising Tides Bar on our cruises. We were on Allure in 2011 and Oasis in 2012 so they could have discontinued them which is a shame. I didn't need a game show in order to enjoy those books.

There are treasure hunts through every neighborhood/section of the ship and we saw things we would never have noticed otherwise. I have both of those books here at home and will be bringing my Allure book back onboard in November to re-live the ship.

Now that I'm looking at them, the do say Limited Editions, so I'm glad I got both copies.

Not sure if I'm too late to answer this, but we bought both the Live the Allure and Live the Oasis books at the Rising Tides Bar on our cruises. We were on Allure in 2011 and Oasis in 2012 so they could have discontinued them which is a shame. I didn't need a game show in order to enjoy those books.

There are treasure hunts through every neighborhood/section of the ship and we saw things we would never have noticed otherwise. I have both of those books here at home and will be bringing my Allure book back onboard in November to re-live the ship.

Now that I'm looking at them, the do say Limited Editions, so I'm glad I got both copies.

We were on Allure in October 2012 and asked about the books at Rising Tide, Guest Services and some other locations. Nobody had them, and most had not heard of them.

When we went to the Roll Call Meet & Mingle, the books happened to be door prizes and I was super excited to win one! So if you are looking for one, I'd suggest you ask the cruise director or cruse staff if they may have them in their arsenal.

Archived