Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Loving your review. You look so cute, as always. I still re-read your girls cruise because it is hilarious!!! You stayed at my favorite hotel in FLL. What a deal you got! We always got to 15 St Fisheries pre-cruise as well! Feel like I am cruising with your reviews, keep up the great work!

LOL!Thank youf or the compliments! I still read the review as well, I get a kick out of it every time. We really liked the Hyatt, I think we'll probably stay there anytime we sail out of Fort Lauderdale. It's the perfect location to start a cruise.

So sorry for your loss and congrats on your upcoming baby, your reviews are so wonderful and full of valuable info and your writing style is fabulous.

Thank you very much! I'm happy the reviews are helpful and enjoyable :)

Loving it, can't wait for more!!

Love your review & photos keep it coming can't wait for more.

Thank you! I'll write more today. Heading back to work today so I have some catching up to do, sigh. I would love to just cruise and write full-time, lol! :D

Hi Chrystal, congratulations to you and Wes on your expected bundle of trouble/joy! We've got 3 boys (all grown up now) so no how much pleasure, pride and 'hair pulling out' days they bring you. Thanks for sharing so much of your life with us. We are really enjoying reading your story. So sorry for your loss but glad you were able to reorganise your plans . We are especially enjoying your story as you seem to have similar tastes to us. We went on our first cruise this year to celebrate my husbands birthday and our silver wedding anniversary.we do envy you all (Americans) especially floridians on the ease of cruising.we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and visited saint Maarten, st Thomas, Puerto Rico and labadee. We have visited your post on photos of San Juan, and enjoyed comparing with ours. I haven't worked out how to attach photos yet but may post some later. After our cruise we also stayed at Z Ocean and had a wonderful time. I too loved the showers. We also visited la sandwicherie and loved the fresh tasty food so much we got some to take to the airport on our last day.we have booked another cruise for April when again we sail out of Fort Lauderdale this time on Independence on a transatlantic to Southampton. We look forward to reading the rest of your tale and looking at your beautiful photos. Thanks again.

Thank you so much, nonibop! We're so excited to meet our little guy. His personality is shining through a bit already. He smiled for us in the sonogram. And whenever he heard the steel drums or any other type of music, he would start moving like crazy. I'm pretty sure we're going to have our hands full with him! :)

Happy belated anniversary! What a nice itinerary you had, I love each of those stops. San Juan is such a beautiful place. What a small world- such a coincidence that you stayed at the Z Ocean. I would love to go back, even if it's fora weekend with DH. The idea of moving to Florida is getting even more tempting, so we'll see! Have a great cruise on the Independence!

Hi Chrystal, just wanted to pop in and say it's so wonderful to know you had a great cruise. After the loss of your grandmother, I was so glad RCI came thru for you both. Can't wait to read your first impression of the Allure, something I want to experience for myself sometime MAYBE in 2014. Knowing when your cruise was, I was counting the days until I saw your name again on this board, where you belong!

Again, congratulations to you and Wes on upcoming birth of your baby.

Now... carry on! ;)

Hi Bonnie! So nice to hear from you! And thank you so much :). Looks like we won't be cruising again until 2014, and even then most likely from NJ.

I'll start writing some more in a few. The day-to-day is calling, sigh :rolleyes::)

Thanks for the review Faith! I will wait for the rest of it patiently...

Thanks! Can't wait to write some more :)

I hate how work gets in the way of cruising! I don't know why I am dying to know if you got your waterside Cabana back. Yes, I'm interested in getting one myself, but that won't happen before 2014.

We got a cabana, but it wasn't a waterfront one. We did get one on Barefoot Beach though, and it was the perfect cabana for us. More to share once I get to our day on Labadee

Chrystal, I too want to add my condolences. I was pregnant with my daughter when my husband's father passed away. I remember being at his funeral and being overwhelmed with knowing that a new life related to his was on the way. It was a really beautiful feeling. Sad to be sure, but filled with so much hope. Hope you felt the same way.

As to the coming cruises, I am truly a blessed girl.

Thank you so much for doing this review :) My boyfriend and I boarding the Allure December 9th and we're beyond excited! We cruised on the Oasis last year and loved it!

I have a question for you, did you have trouble getting into any of the shows? I was a little late on booking the shows this year and the times available aren't the best and the comedy show is totally sold out :( That was our favorite show last year and I'm really hoping we don't miss it this year!

Thank you so much for doing this review :) My boyfriend and I boarding the Allure December 9th and we're beyond excited! We cruised on the Oasis last year and loved it!

I have a question for you, did you have trouble getting into any of the shows? I was a little late on booking the shows this year and the times available aren't the best and the comedy show is totally sold out :( That was our favorite show last year and I'm really hoping we don't miss it this year!

I don't mean to interrupt, but I have specific experience here. We had a reservation for the Comedy Show, but ended up with a conflict, so we decided to try the 8:30 show on a whim one night. We got there at about 8:15 and were about 25th in line. At 8:20 they had "last call for reservations" and let 10 people from the standby line in. After they were seated, they did another "last call" (?), then let 10 more in. They let us in after that with another group of 8, and I think maybe 4 more after that were allowed in. So don't be discouraged. Just try to show up in line 30 minutes ahead of showtime if you can. Also, the earlier in the week, the better. Shows (and everything else) tend to fill up quickly at the end of the cruise when everyone decides to finish out their Cruise Bucket Lists.

The roll call group for your cruise is really active, sounds like a packed party cruise!

Allure2012090.jpg

Loving your review so far. My condolences on the passing of your grandma and prayers for peace and comfort.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Love this picture and how blue the water looks against the darkening sky. :)

Thank you for the review, Faith! I am sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. She sounds as if she were a very special lady. And congratulations on your pregnancy. You are a very cute Momma!

I am part of the group (with Arizona Laura and BillOH) that is staying at the Hyatt. 15th Street Fisheries is one of two places we have our pre-cruise dinner narrowed down to. I am glad the water taxi is so convenient to the restaurant. We will keep that in mind when we consider our options.:)

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. You are a great writer!:)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I don't mean to interrupt, but I have specific experience here. We had a reservation for the Comedy Show, but ended up with a conflict, so we decided to try the 8:30 show on a whim one night. We got there at about 8:15 and were about 25th in line. At 8:20 they had "last call for reservations" and let 10 people from the standby line in. After they were seated, they did another "last call" (?), then let 10 more in. They let us in after that with another group of 8, and I think maybe 4 more after that were allowed in. So don't be discouraged. Just try to show up in line 30 minutes ahead of showtime if you can. Also, the earlier in the week, the better. Shows (and everything else) tend to fill up quickly at the end of the cruise when everyone decides to finish out their Cruise Bucket Lists.

Thank you so much! I'll plan on getting to the show 30 mins ahead of time :) Maybe a cocktail while waiting in line will help move it along faster ;)

Edited by dablondee525

Great review Crystal! Is the Hyatt one of the water taxi stops right outside the hotel? We will be down there in April and are trying to figure out where to stay.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Wouldn't it be great if you could take that water taxi directly to the terminal?

Hi Faith when I heard that you where expecting I said I guess Wes must have really missed her in march! :D Lol I'm so happy for you and Wes! I have been waiting for you to start your review because its like a mental vacation! We leave in 16 days going to Mexico. I have planned to do some of the things y'all did in Cozumel can't wait! Please get plenty of rest and take care of yourself! Congrats and you look great! Also SO sorry about your Granma passing I know how special they are!

Chrystal, I too want to add my condolences. I was pregnant with my daughter when my husband's father passed away. I remember being at his funeral and being overwhelmed with knowing that a new life related to his was on the way. It was a really beautiful feeling. Sad to be sure, but filled with so much hope. Hope you felt the same way.

As to the coming cruises, I am truly a blessed girl.

Thank you, Vicki, I can absolutely relate with how you felt. I felt the exact same way at her funeral. And you're right, it was a beautiful feeling, all the sadness and hope mixed together.

Woohoo! You two are in for a great time :)

Actually, because we had to reschedule our cruise, I was only able to book Ocean Aria and Chicago ahead of time. I was able to book the other shows as soon as we boarded. I'll explain more in a few. It was very easy to do :D

Loving your review so far. My condolences on the passing of your grandma and prayers for peace and comfort.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Love this picture and how blue the water looks against the darkening sky. :)

Thank you so much for your prayers :). I do love that photo too, I enjoy seeing contrasts in nature. People may grumble at weather like that but I think it's beautiful!

Thank you for the review, Faith! I am sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. She sounds as if she were a very special lady. And congratulations on your pregnancy. You are a very cute Momma!

I am part of the group (with Arizona Laura and BillOH) that is staying at the Hyatt. 15th Street Fisheries is one of two places we have our pre-cruise dinner narrowed down to. I am glad the water taxi is so convenient to the restaurant. We will keep that in mind when we consider our options.:)

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. You are a great writer!:)

Hi Ginny! Thank you so much. Sounds like you guys have a fun group ready to go! The water taxi was a nice addition to the evening. And after 5, it's $10 pp instead of $20. ;)

Great review Crystal! Is the Hyatt one of the water taxi stops right outside the hotel? We will be down there in April and are trying to figure out where to stay.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Yes, the water taxi stops at the far end of the pier, on the side of the hotel. It's about a 10 minute walk from our Tower Suite to the actual stop. It's pretty scenic since you're passing boats and yachts, so no biggie. Enjoy! :)

Here is a photo of me at z ocean in march after our cruise on the navigator in march. :) can't await for our next cruise in April . Fiona.x

You look great Fiona! :) Love the photo, thank you for sharing. How did you enjoy the Navigator?

Hi Faith when I heard that you where expecting I said I guess Wes must have really missed her in march! :D Lol I'm so happy for you and Wes! I have been waiting for you to start your review because its like a mental vacation! We leave in 16 days going to Mexico. I have planned to do some of the things y'all did in Cozumel can't wait! Please get plenty of rest and take care of yourself! Congrats and you look great! Also SO sorry about your Granma passing I know how special they are!

Hi boxermom! So happy to hear from you. Haha! My friend Rae (from my Liberty review) is expecting a little girl too. She's two months ahead of me. I guess our men missed us a whole lot! ;)

I love Cozumel! So happy the review helped you with your plans! I'm trying to keep that rested feeling from the cruise with me as long as I can. Wes keeps making sure I take it easy, such a good guy.

My friend Rae (from my Liberty review) is expecting a little girl too. She's two months ahead of me. I guess our men missed us a whole lot! ;)

Now you know what to do if you want more babies :p;)

Edited by Sinppu

Continuing with our dinner....we enjoyed everything. The food, atmosphere, and live music were great. We watched some of the workers come with trays full of scraps to feed the tarpon. Our waitress insisted that we join in and throw any unwanted food to the tarpon below. She said they eat anything! So we did and they instantly went after Wes' extra fries, and even my extra broccoli, lol.

Allure2012162.jpg

Allure2012163.jpg

What they DIDN'T get any of, though, was my dessert. We chose the two free desserts as our coupon prize. You got to choose between the key lime bar and a raspberry sorbet. Since Wes didn't want any dessert...I made him get the sorbet so I could order the key lime bar, ROFL. Hey, my baby boy and I needed to eat! :p My goal in Fort Lauderdale was to have some good seafood and key lime pie, and I accomplished my mission.

Allure2012168.jpg

Allure2012169.jpg

The key lime bar was delicious! Just the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Total yum! I had to eat both quickly since the next water taxi was coming soon. We decided to ride it all the way down to the first stop, then back to the Hyatt. Just a leisurely evening.

Allure2012175.jpg