Online deposit payment question

jimbug

Okay, about 4 days ago (last Thursday), I booked us on the Liberty using Carnival's online reservations system on their website. Unfortunately, I mis-typed my credit card number, so the deposit payment didn't go through. The reservation held, though, and I saw they gave me what looked like a 24-hour grace period (payment showing as due the following day) to pay my deposit in full.

Well, I got really busy at work and didn't have time to fool with it (yeah, I know only a couple of minutes, but I was way stressed!). A reservations agent called me the next day to let me know the card # didn't go through (duh), and would I like to pay it over the phone? I told her to just cancel the booking and I would rebook at a later date (I was thinking about changing cabin categories anyhow). She canceled it as requested.

So, the next day (Saturday), I finally had some free time to sit down and make my reservation correctly...haha. When I logged onto the Carnival website, it showed that booking as cancelled, but I noticed there was a way to re-instate the booking. I decided to just do that as we had finally agreed to stay in the same cabin category. I correctly typed in my credit card number, paid the $500 deposit for two of us, and my booking is now showing as active. The money has been taken from my credit card account, and I thought all is well. However, it keeps telling me I have a payment due. I paid on 5/21, and it originally showed due on 5/22. I assumed that was nothing since you have a 1-day grace period to pay up. However, today, it's showing that my payment is due 5/23. Hello, it's paid! When I go to "make payment", it shows that the deposit balance due on 5/23 is zero.

Why does it keep showing that I still have to make a payment? The reason I'm so insistent on the payment being processed is because I want to look at the shore excursion times for our trip so I can arrange some independent tours in conjunction with some Carnival ones. It won't let me do anything but look at the regular shore excursion page because it says I haven't fully deposited my booking.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Why does it keep showing that I still have to make a payment? The reason I'm so insistent on the payment being processed is because I want to look at the shore excursion times for our trip so I can arrange some independent tours in conjunction with some Carnival ones. It won't let me do anything but look at the regular shore excursion page because it says I haven't fully deposited my booking.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

You are fine, until you make your final payment it will continue to say "payment due by" and then it will have todays date. Its not asking you to make a deposit.

You can give Carnival a call and ask about your shore excursion availability. When is your cruise.

However, today, it's showing that my payment is due 5/23

When I go to my booking almost daily it always tells me payment is due that exact same day even though deposit is paid in full. I dont know why this is, but if you have your booking # I dont know why you cant book your excursions??? Hmmm. Here is what my reservation says:

Payment due by 5/23/2005spacer.gifspacer.gif

spacer.gifspacer.gifthen when I go to MAKE payment it says

Amount Due:

Deposit Due By 5/23/2005spacer.gif$ 0

Final Payment Due By 9/19/2005 with the amount listed next to final payment...

However, today, it's showing that my payment is due 5/23

When I go to my booking almost daily it always tells me payment is due that exact same day even though deposit is paid in full. I dont know why this is, but if you have your booking # I dont know why you cant book your excursions??? Hmmm. Here is what my reservation says:

Payment due by 5/23/2005spacer.gifspacer.gif

spacer.gifspacer.gifthen when I go to MAKE payment it says

Amount Due:

Deposit Due By 5/23/2005spacer.gif$ 0

Final Payment Due By 9/19/2005 with the amount listed next to final payment...

where do you all find this information? I can get to anythig like that. Is this only available if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked through a local TA.

where do you all find this information? I can get to anythig like that. Is this only available if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked through a local TA.

I did book this cruise with a Carnival PVP, but my last one was with a TA and I was still able to get in. Log in to the site and hit MY RESERVATION - then to the left it should show your booking # with TODAYS date and payment due. Then just hit MAKE PAYMENT...it should work for you

jimbug- Where did you find prices pass March 4th? :confused: Everytime we

look on Carnival's site we only see sailings up to March 4TH.We would like to

sail the Eastern route' date='only a little latter than 3/4/06. ;)

Vee[/quote']

She is doing the western route. Carnival should have the schedule past 3/26/06 for Liberty online tomorrow. That was the date given in the press release for reservations on the summer 06 Euro cruises.

Archived