Squished Pennies?

I am an avid penny collector there are no machines on the Oasis, I'd be all over it, nothing in Nassau, St Thomas or St. Maarten. Not sure on western sailing though. I did my research on penny collector dot com. If there is a squishing penny machine I usually find it.

No penny machines on Oasis or Allure but you were able to flatten a coin with a sledge hammer on the inaugural cruise. This picture was taken on the Boardwalk from the Oasis inaugural cruise.

2027936780096597382XDDGsmfs-M.jpg

Dotsie

We call them Pressed Pennies. The only place I have ever seen a machine for pressing pennies and imprinted a mark on them was at a gift shop in Galveston.

EDITED I just found this site of you. I hope it helps http://www.pennycollector.com/AreaList.aspx

Edited by lady_cruiser

• 7 years later...

I know this is a super old thread, but.... 

Just got off of Oasis yesterday and there IS a pressed penny machine on the boardwalk. Sadly we only discovered it on the last day and our seapass account was already closed out so couldn't  use it.

Kids were really bummed out we missed it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dedels said:

Just got off of Oasis yesterday and there IS a pressed penny machine on the boardwalk. Sadly we only discovered it on the last day and our seapass account was already closed out so couldn't  use it.

I believe they had this on Symphony during the Presidents/50th anniversary cruise. I am not sure if it is still there.

I recall there being a free penny pressing into token machine when we were last on Anthem

in April of last year. It was in the entrance area of the American Icon restaurant. All one had to do was to provide the pennies and sometimes there was a box with free pennies on top. 

Edited by robtulipe

5 hours ago, dedels said:

I thought I saw one last week as well, thanks for confirming!  I skipped it because I wasn't sure if you had to provide your own penny or what the deal was with it.

5 hours ago, robtulipe said:

I recall there being a free penny pressing into token machine when we were last on Anthem

in April of last year. It was in the entrance area of the American Icon restaurant. All one had to do was to provide the pennies and sometimes there was a box with free pennies on top. 

Your memory is correct.  Every time I see the machine, it makes me smile.

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
clarity

On 10/19/2012 at 3:23 PM, Mark_K said:

I could be mistaken, but I have a vague recollection of seeing one on Oasis. If so, I'm sure it would be on the Boardwalk. They definitely had one of those "Tell Your Fortune" machines.

That bugger Zoltan took my dollar and never gave me a fortune!  Damn you Zoltan, damn you!

10 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Still there as of mid November.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, MaryL31 said:

Still there as of mid November.

Just off Anthem this am - so am happy to conform that its STILL there as of Jan. 2020.

Plenty of pennies available to use in case you don't have your own. The pressed image didn't line up as nicely as we'd have liked (at least on the "Seaplex" bumper cars image), but for a free press, can't complain.

We also spied a machine on shore in St. Lucia - there was a guy in the port with a machine but he was closed by the time we went over to try and use it. I think he was charging $2 for a pressing.

I never knew there was a website with them listed! What fun! We have many pressed pennies collected from our travels once we had kids because it was a cheap souvenir. Now we are kind of obsessed. I looked at the list for Hawaii (our next cruise) and saw many places listed. Now I know to pack quarters and shiny pennies so we can add to our collection. Thanks for asking OP, and thanks for all the info everyone else. 🙂