Summit Aqua Cabin Bathrooms

SID1962

We will be sailing soon on Summit and have booked AQ (why, because of Blu of course). Since it has been solsticized, are the AQ bathrooms the same as on the actual S class ships? Do they have the glassed in showers with the rounded doors and the tower type showerheads? Is the sink a bowl sink with the faucet half way across the bowl?

Summit was our first sailing where we could afford a balcony cabin (good old 8040), and we have booked balconies ever since.

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

OOOOPS !!!!!!

Should have read down further before posting as my question regarding AQ cabin bathrooms was answered. My apologies. Still and all, we are really looking forward to sailing her out of San Juan in November.

Thanks,

Sid1962

Hi SID1962,

Here are my comments from being on the Summit AQ cabin 1120 a few weeks ago. Hope they help.

Hal

---------------

M-Class AQ cabin 1120 vs. S-Class

Balcony – 2 standard chairs, no high back chairs or foot stools. Anyway there is no room for footstools. The balcony is very narrow with a small ledge above it. Lots of sun or lots of rain – no protection at all.

Bathroom – lots of comments

• No cotton puffs or Q-tips – we were told they have been discontinued for AQ but the cabin attendant got us some. Others did have them.

• No bath mat – there was what appeared to be a towel rather than a round AQ mat. Asked for the proper mat and it was delivered.

• Shower door – as has been reported in other posts the doors do not close properly and the floor gets wet if you use the extra shower heads. Not a big deal. Just put an extra towel down.

• The sink is the standard M-class sink and not the S-class AQ sink. Not a big issue because I like that better. Just different for AQ.

• Toilet – it was reported by other people that they had problems with the toilet not flushing. I noticed that you had to press the button from 1 to 3 times to get it to flush properly.

Closet Storage – the closet is in the hall across from the bathroom and not by the bed. Good! This makes using the closet easier than on the S-class. Also the drawers in the closet are great.

Other storage – extra drawer space for storage was good. And, thank goodness no overhead bins above the bed as on the S-class. That is the dumbest thing about the S-class.

Archived