will Ibe grandfathered into the loyalty program?

shadea

I know I saw it somewhere here that if I have 10 cruises by the end of 2013 I can be grandfathered into the platinum loyalty program. We have done 7 cruises,the 8th is already done for may. We are thinking of doing one for next month. If I do another before the end of 2013 will I be grandfathered in? Can someone show me the link that I think I saw. I hope I am right.

Thank you

Yes anyone completing 10 cruises by 12/31/13 will be grandfathered into the Platinum Program.

My sister's is already showing as platinum for our 9/13/13 cruise and she just completed her 9th.

You will be platinum as soon as you board your 10th cruise. On your boarding pass and luggage tags it should say VIP on it.

Good luck!

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-1197325[/url]

Q- I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A- We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

This is the first I have heard of this modification to their VIFP program. My cruise manager shows that I have 52 VIFP points but those were accrued over nine cruises. It still shows my status as "Gold" but we are leaving on what will be my tenth Carnival cruise this Sunday on the Conquest's first cruise after this week's 2.0 upgrade.

Should I expect to be issued a Platinum card at check in?

This is the first I have heard of this modification to their VIFP program. My cruise manager shows that I have 52 VIFP points but those were accrued over nine cruises. It still shows my status as "Gold" but we are leaving on what will be my tenth Carnival cruise this Sunday on the Conquest's first cruise after this week's 2.0 upgrade.

If this is your tenth you should be Platinum on this cruise. it should also have been on your boarding passing and luggage tags.

If not I'd make sure CCL has all of your past cruise history up to date.

Conveniently when they switched over to the new program they lost a lot of peoples past cruises.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Bill

As has been stated make sure your boarding pass and luggage tags say "VIP" and you will receive a Platinum card for the cruise. If not you need to make sure all your cruises are accounted for. The VIFP website should show a statement to that fact that "one more cruise within the next 12 months" or something like it.

Have a great cruise... I've printed out my documents and they say "VIP" and I will be on my 10th shortly. Funny, it states I'm Platinum (but have not been on the 10th yet) yet states my wife (who will be on her 10th also) is gold. Go figure.

As has been stated make sure your boarding pass and luggage tags say "VIP" and you will receive a Platinum card for the cruise. If not you need to make sure all your cruises are accounted for. The VIFP website should show a statement to that fact that "one more cruise within the next 12 months" or something like it.

Have a great cruise... I've printed out my documents and they say "VIP" and I will be on my 10th shortly. Funny, it states I'm Platinum (but have not been on the 10th yet) yet states my wife (who will be on her 10th also) is gold. Go figure.

Thanks, Bobsfamily. When I printed out our boarding passes eleven days ago it showed that my wife is Platinum (she has been for a couple of years) but that I was still Gold. When I reprinted them this morning, they show that both of us are Platinum on this cruise. I could not have told from the luggage tags because they were already VIP due to my wife's status and the fact that we are in a suite.

IF you have already sailed 9 times....when you print out your Fun Pass for this Conquest cruise....it should say VIP.

IF it does not, then you have an issue.

The first thing I would verify is that your previous 9 cruises were all revenue cruises..... cruises won at bingo or any "non-revenue" cruise (those not paid for) do not count.

I think if you don't have the number of required days under the new VIFP program, you won't be upgraded. That being said, I think the previous posters are wrong. You have to have the required number of days to be upgraded. Enjoy your cruise!

Completely wrong...

Straight from Carnival website:

Additionally, certain Gold Level members of the PGRP will have the following opportunities to advance in the Club:

• Individuals who are Gold Level members in the PGRP who have taken nine (9) Cruises can advance to the Platinum Level in the VIFP Club if they book and complete one (1) Cruise of any length within twelve (12) months of June 25, 2012 (the “Club Start Date”).
  • Individuals who are Gold Level members in the PGRP who have taken eight (8) Cruises can advance to the Platinum Level in the Club if they book and complete two (2) Cruises of any length within eighteen (18) months of the Club Start Date.

This is what it states but more than one person has seen on their VIFP webpage that it kicks in once they reach 8 cruises.

I think if you don't have the number of required days under the new VIFP program, you won't be upgraded. That being said, I think the previous posters are wrong. You have to have the required number of days to be upgraded. Enjoy your cruise!

Nope... you have till the end of 2013 to get to 10 cruises, even with the new program. Starting 1-1-14, it will be strictly days. As stated above, and per Carnival's FAQ section:

"I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing."

here ya go Sonic.

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197323

Q:I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A:We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing

Bill

perks are not that great - why bother "

Couldn't agree more.

I hope the people booking 3 cruises before the end of 2013 to be Platinum would have booked them anyway because that's a lot to put out just to be Platinum.

Bill

BECAUSE some people want those "perks". The OP asked if they would be grandfathered in, not if the perks were worth it.

Couldn't agree more.

Agree

I hope the people booking 3 cruises before the end of 2013 to be Platinum would have booked them anyway because that's a lot to put out just to be Platinum. Bill

Definitely agree

BECAUSE some people want those "perks". The OP asked if they would be grandfathered in, not if the perks were worth it.

True, they will be grandfathered, but not sure why they are that concerned, because the cost of 3 more cruises before the end of 2013 far outweighs the "perks.". DW and I were Platinum before the changes, and we lost "perks" didn't gain any.:(

We are also Platinum on RCI (Emerald next cruise), and didn't lose any ground when they made changes.:cool:

These benefits are valued differently by everyone. Don't assume that everyone holds the platinum perks in such low regard, just because you do.

To each their own. If someone wants to take 10 cruises between now and 2013 to become platinum, why should you or anyone else care?

::hops off soapbox::

With that being said, the 3 day cruises to nowhere also count towards your cruise count for this. If you're short a cruise, hop on one of these bad boys for just as little as you would pay for a hotel room per night. I'm at 8, taking 9 in Nov. Will be booking a 10th before Dec 2013.

So going on 3 cruises in a year is bad? Huh?

Come on Bob, don't try to put words in my mouth as I never said cruising 3 times a year is bad. No, not bad at all, actually great. Wish I could afford to cruise 3 times a year. I was only commenting that to cruise 3 times before 12/31/13 just to reach Platinum is kinda expensive, if cruising just to reach that level.

Perks mean different things to different people, and nothing wrong with that.

Come on Bob, don't try to put words in my mouth as I never said cruising 3 times a year is bad. No, not bad at all, actually great. Wish I could afford to cruise 3 times a year. I was only commenting that to cruise 3 times before 12/31/13 just to reach Platinum is kinda expensive, if cruising just to reach that level.

Perks mean different things to different people, and nothing wrong with that.

Hey, I say any excuse to book a cruise is a good excuse. :D

Archived