Specialty Reservations. What would you do?

macruisefan

So, I booked a trip that was initially going to be solo. And I booked all my specialty restaurants for one. Then, a family member decided to go along as well. So, I go online to update the reservations, and it's telling me the times aren't available for a party of two. I get it, their system only allows so many to be booked in advance.

Of course, I've never seen a table that can only accommodate ONE. I'm thinking I'll just wait until I board, and then let the various restaurants know that I will have another person with me. I can't see any other good solution.

What would you do?

I'd try to call Celebrity just to see if they can change it in advance. If they do, they will charge you for your family member now. If they can't add another person, I doubt you will have a problem making the change once you get onboard. I'd let them know you are adding a person for each reservation on the first day rather than waiting. I've never seen a table for one in any restaurant onboard.

If for some reason they can't add a second person for your reserved dining time, they should be able to schedule you for another suitable day or time.

I was able to add two people on the day of a reservation once, but they were very accommodating. I don't think I'd try that with several reservations.

Of course, I've never seen a table that can only accommodate ONE. I'm thinking I'll just wait until I board, and then let the various restaurants know that I will have another person with me. I can't see any other good solution.

What would you do?

Under identical circumstances... No problem!

Archived