Noordam - Category E Main Deck - need advice

Sandybeach16

I have booked two cabins on the Noordam for the 27th of December!! So excited! There is a flash sale on ocean view cabins right now. The booking is being held until tomorrow at 6 p.m. Before we confirm, I would like to know what you think of ocean view Category E cabins on the Deck 1 - aft. Anything we need to know about this type of cabin/location?

I have booked two cabins on the Noordam for the 27th of December!! So excited! There is a flash sale on ocean view cabins right now. The booking is being held until tomorrow at 6 p.m. Before we confirm, I would like to know what you think of ocean view Category E cabins on the Deck 1 - aft. Anything we need to know about this type of cabin/location?

You are closer to the sea on Deck one! We've had cabins AFT on Deck one on smaller ships & they were always great..I always enjoy looking out our window & being close to the water..

In 2010 on the Noordam we had C cabins on Main deck which were mid ship & this time we have VF cabins on deck 4 AFT..We don't mind AFT at all, but we're also used to sailing in rough seas & cruising on smaller ships..I would rather be AFT than way forward..Don't ask me why though..

Cheers...:)Betty

On the Noordam, category E, I would avoid the port side cabins (those with even numbers) since they are under the galley (kitchen facility), so I would pick starboard side (odd numbers). You may get some propeller vibration / noise as well on either side of the ship.

Frankly, I am surprised more people haven't suggested the Maasdam or Amsterdam. Both of those ships have bigger movie theaters than the Noordam. Also, the Amsterdam has the largest category E cabins of the 3, with Maasdam in the middle, and Noordam the smallest.

Noordam is the newest and largest, however, and those facts tend to attract many people. I admit that there will be more people on the Noordam, and likely more children, which might be good for your son.

All three ships are likely to have similar service and food, although that really depends on the specific crew on board, and that can't really be predicted.

The venue for the evening classical music has shrunk considerably on the Maasdam. You would likely be better off in this topic with Amsterdam or Noordam.

I don't know what the differences might be with the youth facilities.

All HAL ships have tv/dvd players in the rooms and Noordam types have refrigerators. If you are interested in the ship movies, check out the theater seating ahead of time and get there early. Most of the movies are shown the next day on the tv in your room. You can check out dvds at the Internet center/library area. Free.

We have always loved the Noordam in the class of the "big" ships. There should be good activities for kids on holiday cruises. For us, aft,ocean view cabins give us easy access to the dining rooms. Yes, avoid the rooms under the galley if you can.

Archived