Cabin Suggestions for POA

amcw

After suggestions here on CC, we have decided to have our honeymoon on the POA next year! :D

Now I'm wondering if anyone could help with cabin recommendations.

I've searched previous threads and saw both sides of port vs starboard preference and I think we are leaning towards a port side cabin.

I was just looking for any suggestions for actual cabins now from those with previous experiences. We have booked a balcony cabin on previous cruises and would definitely want to have a cabin with a balcony, but as it is our honeymoon, we would be prepared to splash out on a suite (if we could work it in with our wedding budget) - so we are open to all cabin suggestions and advice.

Many thanks :)

After suggestions here on CC, we have decided to have our honeymoon on the POA next year! :D

Now I'm wondering if anyone could help with cabin recommendations.

I've searched previous threads and saw both sides of port vs starboard preference and I think we are leaning towards a port side cabin.

I was just looking for any suggestions for actual cabins now from those with previous experiences. We have booked a balcony cabin on previous cruises and would definitely want to have a cabin with a balcony, but as it is our honeymoon, we would be prepared to splash out on a suite (if we could work it in with our wedding budget) - so we are open to all cabin suggestions and advice.

Many thanks :)

Since it is such a special occasion and you can fit it in your budget then go for a suite and be pampered. If you need to watch your money then try an aft balcony. We just had our first aft and loved it. It is quiet at the back of the ship, not much hall traffic, the views are beautiful and because Hawaii is such a port intensive cruise you will spend little time in your cabin. We spent alot of time on our balcony in the evenings with a glass or two of wine and early mornings with a cup of coffee. Plus the aft balconies are a bit larger, we had two chairs and two loungers with plenty of room. whatever you decide you will enjoy Hawaii, it is an awesome and beautiful place. BTW I have now done this exact cruise 4 times and plan on doing it again!!:D

Port if you can't swing the aft. We were in an aft balcony on deck 9. The balcony was enormous and afforded fantastic views. Of course if you can get one of the aft suites all the better. Go for one on the port side as they have giant wrap around balconies.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. We're definitely going to go for port side and are looking at afts and suites now and working out what our budget can stretch to!

Depending when next year you plan on going, go for Deluxe Penthouse Suite 10000. After September 7, 2013, this changes to Owner's Suite with Large Balcony.

This suite is on Deck 10 at the very front of the ship. It has a large deck with a jacuzzi on the balcony and plenty of room to chase each other around. :D W and I will be celebrating our 15th annversary in this cabin the January 5, 2013 sailing and can't wait.

Archived