"Live" from the Costa Victoria, a monthlong B2B from Shanghai to Singapore

barante

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
How many cigarrettes can I embark in singapore without pay?

None, sadly. Another nanny state:mad:

People have walked off the plane with an open packet and they may or may not charge duty. All must be declared or risk substantial fines.

Or do you mean embark the ship? In which case there's no limit:) Nothing to do with the Singapore authorities.

How many cigarrettes can I embark in singapore without pay?

not sure if you are talking about arriving in singapore via plane or not. :confused:

on my excursions off the ship in singapore, i took less than half a pack. i went through the 'red' line (items to delcare) and they did let me pass.

you aren't allowed to bring chewing gum in the country, either.

singapore has LOTS of laws that result in jail time/fines that anywhere else would be ridiculous (i.e. jaywalking). do some research before you go - or else :eek:

Here I am in Singapore typing this in the departure lounge. Over the past three days, the Costa Victoria Internet has been out of service for more than 24 hours. "Temporarily" but repeatedly.

I said earlier that the Victoria's Internet was quite fast. I also reported that it did not tell me how much time I had left. I then apologized for making that claim. I now take that apology back, because the timer works only intermittently. It's also difficult to find; it is not part of the automatic logout process as it is on HAL.

I don't know why we have had these Internet blackouts, but I have idea. The Costa billing system is all screwed up. On our 17-day first leg I bought 10 hours of Internet time but Costa billed me only for 3 euros worth. That's what their record shows.

As a cruiser I am delighted at this bargain. As a Carnival stockholder I am appalled.

While I do like some parts of your blog, please be more observant.

Internet charge on the first day

Regarding the 3 euros on your first day - this is clearly stated as an extra fee when activating the service. The 10 euro's that you are missing will be charged at least the day after. See photo.

Internet minutes used and left

It's part of the navigation start page. You can also choose to bookmark it as a favorite. See photo.

Link to the navigation page (only accessible on-board the ship's wifi for Deliziosa - change according to ship): http://onboardportal.deliziosa.costa.it/Portal/Templates/NavigationDetails.aspx

Internet logout

Just bookmark the page "http://logout.wifi" (only accessible on-board the ship's wifi).

-----------------------------

One thing I will add though, is that their Internet access prices are a complete rip-off.

Philip

IMG_0231.jpg.836805553594291159d4cb8f05fafee1.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg.de0f34faed62464155b6e96ab8e1f217.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg.9b45d03959b32d6d6c06f50e00a3f7b7.jpg

Edited by phider

Hi Barante,

Quick question for you. What kind of electrical outlets do they have on the Costa? Is it European 2 prong style 220 V or US 110 V? Just wondering what kind of power adapters we will need to bring. Everything we need to charge will be dual voltage...

Thanks

Here are pictures of the electrical power outlets on the Deliziosa. I don't know if it is applicable throughout their whole fleet.

One is from the cabin, the other from the bathroom. If you need to charge many devices, I would recommend bringing a power extension socket.

Other power sockets around the cabin used to power lamps and the flatscreen panel is European sockets.

Philip

IMG_0272.jpg.20da5e206b22eff222982a7e89acc9e1.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg.1c4afc884426aead786e9ebe7eba7e42.jpg