"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

YES!!! Ready to follow along on Radio's journey aboard Freedom Of The Seas!! Thanks again Radio for the inspiration to do my first ever LIVE review! Seat belt fastened, cup of coffee, ready to go sir!! :)

Thanks Chris. . .I love your "LIVE" report. . .The ship was beautiful, and your pics kept me tuning in.

Radio

;);)

I can't wait to hear about your train trip - I am flying in on Sat. As you probably know, M has changed her plans so she will be meeting my plane and we will be driving to Cocoa Beach together. I'm sending this link to my family so they can follow along on our adventures. See ya Sun if not before.

Carol

Thanks Carol for tuning in. . .It will be nice to have a coffee with you onboard.

Radio

;);)

It's the Eastern....

Can't wait to head to EWR tomorrow...this should be fun......sailing live with Radio and lots of other CCers (the Gators, MedicKen, 138east, etc etc etc....).....and I will also follow along, so that I do not miss anything!!

Safe travels Radio!!

Hi Ya All' Have a great cruise!

We'll be cruising along with Radio. LITERALLY!!

There seem to be lots of CC regulars on this sailing so you may have some "edited" reports. :D

In addition to Radio's wonderful Live Report, I'll do a review when I'm back.

Wolfie, I always look forward to your reviews. You always tell it like it is.

Have smooth sails and a blast with Radio, MediKen, Meg, etc., etc.

Radio, bring it on!

We've never used Amtrak to get to FL ( always flying) so are VERY interested in the details of yout train trip. I have no idea how the accomodations and dining works on such trip, was the space comfortable, how was food, etc.

Honestly all we heard before about rail trips was extremely negative: long delays, always late, small space...you got the drift.

Hoping with your help to get the real story. Please consider this as a pre-cruise request:D and of course ready as always to "cruise" with you again!

Thank you for the pictures of the train...can not wait to see more...that bed looks a little tight and are they straps to keep you from falling out?

Is there a toilet and shower in that little area...

Are the car trains attached? How many train cars in total?

We've never used Amtrak to get to FL ( always flying) so are VERY interested in the details of yout train trip. I have no idea how the accomodations and dining works on such trip, was the space comfortable, how was food, etc.

Honestly all we heard before about rail trips was extremely negative: long delays, always late, small space...you got the drift.

Hoping with your help to get the real story. Please consider this as a pre-cruise request:D and of course ready as always to "cruise" with you again!

I agree - I have only taken the Amtrak once from Florida and I didn't have a sleeper car (my flight was cancelled at the last minute and somehow someone convinced me to get on a train to come home - still wondering how that happened). My trip didn't leave a favorable impression. Would love to know more about the space, comfort, food, restrooms, etc. The autotrain would be a great way to have our own vehicle in Florida!

As always, thanks in advance for all you're doing!

Radio I am excited to follow your Live Review from the Freedom!

Anyway you could take a picture of the Cow ontop of Ben & Jerrys. I am booked in the PR cabin and I want to know if there is a view at all.

Thanks!! Have a great cruise!

Radio I am excited to follow your Live Review from the Freedom!

Anyway you could take a picture of the Cow ontop of Ben & Jerrys. I am booked in the PR cabin and I want to know if there is a view at all.

Thanks!! Have a great cruise!

I just got off Freedom from the "Ben and Jerry Sweet"... The view is obstructed quite a bit, but you can still see some. Free ice Cream makes up for that quite a bit. Concierge room access, enven more:D. If i remember, I'll try to put some pics here tonight

Just one word of caution to those going to sail on Freedom. We also just got off this past Sunday, and had a great cruise. Our only issue was that we both have a yahoo email address. A friend that was also onboard with us has a Hotmail address. Neither our friends, or ourselves could access our email accounts all week.

When we inquired at the start of the week, we were told that there had been some new configurations to the firewall settings, which blocked Yahoo and Hotmail.

WooHoo Radio...I am ready! Happy you were able to get away from the Sandy damage, what a horror story that is, so sad for everyone along the ne coast.

Anyway, as I'm sure you know, Trainman2 just returned from his b2b Panama cruise and everyone is in a funk about that, will be missing his postings, so I gave them a heads up about your cruise in case they were un-aware.

Can't wait!

dm

Hello everyone. . .

I am reporting “LIVE” from Titusville, Florida. . .The locals here will all be proud to say “Welcome to Space City USA” Everyone here is very friendly. I am staying at a Hampton Inn and Suites for my first pre cruise night. Tomorrow I have alot to see in Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral.

The AutoTrain rolled into Sanford this morning at around 8AM, and I was able to get in my car and drive away by around 9AM. . .I didn’t have to wait long for my car. We had a full train today with a lot of cars. . .Here are the numbers: We had a total of 42 rail cars that carried 240 passengers in coach, and 198 passengers in sleepers. We also carried 179 cars, with 16 vans, and 1 motorcycle. There were also 42 crew that came south with us to Sanford. I have taken the AutoTrain many times. . .and I have heard all of the opponents who suggest that it takes to long, and it cost too much. I can tell you that I love a lot about the AutoTrain. . .The food is always good, you can relax and walk around, and if you are not in a rush it is good to just relax for your travel to Florida. This train is almost always full, and the crew is super.

The weather is perfect here in Central Florida with sunny skies, and mild temps (75F).

NASA is rolling out the Atlantis Shuttle to her new “home” at the Kennedy Space Center today, so I should be able to see her first hand tomorrow.

Here are a few pics from today. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Sleeper Lounge Car, early this morning. . .

T6.JPG

The AutoTrain is a very popular Train to Florida

T22.JPG

Passengers are waiting in the Sanford Passenger terminal for their cars to be unloaded.

T10.JPG

The new Terminal was completed last year.

T8.JPG

A lot of passengers will be checking in here for their journey to the north

T25.JPG

My home for tonight, at Hampton Inn in Titusville.

T24.JPG

Hay Radio! Good to see another thread from you.

Are you using a GoPro camera by chance? I was noticing the wide-angle fisheye effect that seems to be common to those cameras and was wondering if that can be turned off.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip! Enjoy and thanks!

Hey Radio,

I always enjoy your LIVE reports.

This time I will be able to experience the whole trip as I'm also sailing on the Nov 4th FOS cruise.

Looking forward to reading the entire thing when I get back.

As well as meeting you and the rest at the M&M!

Safe travels to the port!

Archived