Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Going to be wonderful for those folks who don't have to fly to a port;). Not sure it will be worth it to risk breakage in our suitcase and red wine on all our clothes:p or the extra cost of a taxi to find a wine merchant...would so like to bring along some of our favorites.....

Woo Hoo! We were able to do this on our first RCCL cruise but haven't since. We are going for 10 year anniversary and will bring a bottle of champagne from the winery where we had our wedding! :D

So glad RCCL made this change!!

Yes we will too! I just like sipping a glass or two while looking at the blue water while relaxing before dinner!

I'm still going to try to get one of those rum runner thingys on board... I just like the ease of having something available in the room.

Celebrity allows you to buy a bottle in their duty free shop and take it back to your cabin too.

They do ?

We could order one ahead of time but it most certainly was not at duty free prices :(

Maybe it's changed since 2010 . .

Celebrity allows you to buy a bottle in their duty free shop and take it back to your cabin too.

They do ?

We could order one ahead of time but it most certainly was not at duty free prices :(

Maybe it's changed since 2010 . .

I'll admit I never read it on any of their literature. But I bought a big bottle of rum on our trip through the canal on Infinity from the duty free/cigarettes/candy store and was able to bring it back to my room. I very much enjoyed that. Most of the bottle came home. I don't drink to excess, but it was nice to have a nightcap in my cabin.

No way I'd pay $25 corkage fee on my $6 bottle!!!! That's insane! I'll stick to real liquor or beer!

Huh?? Once again I think you kinda miss the point - which is you can now bring wine on board which you could not do before. The corkage fee only applies if you bring the wine to a ship's public dining venue - not if you drink it in your room. Regardless, maybe other people have a better level of wine taste than $6 which to them may make the corkage fee worthwhile if they decide to bring it to dinner.

Not sure the relevance of "sticking to real liquor or beer" - neither of which you can bring on board - but if it is in reference to cost, certainly you will pay far more than the $25 (or $6 for that matter) purchasing liquor or beer on board over the length of the cruise.

At least with this new policy, if you are a wine drinker you now have a choice that you did not have before. Good for RCI!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

soooooo.....wonder how close they check, as premixed bottles of margaritas are about the same alcohol content as wine, why couldn't I bring a bottle of margaritas. seems fair

Don't know what brand of margaritas you drink, but skinny girl makes pre mixed margaritas that are in a wine bottle. They probably wouldn't even notice you aren't bringing on wine.

Excited about being able to bring wine onboard now. My family is big wine drinkers and this will allow us to bring on our favorite wines. Having 3 cabins booked on our next will allow us to bring 6 bottles. Be nice if it's 2p/p instead of 1. Since 6 bottles will only last us 2 nights.