Rental car to Port Canaveral

We'll be on the Mariner in June departing from Port Canaveral but will also be spending a couple days prior to departure at Disney World. We want to rent a car at MCO for those days and then drive to the Port on departure day. Any suggestions for rental car companies that have good shuttle service from their car drop-off location to the cruise dock? Thanks

We'll be on the Mariner in June departing from Port Canaveral but will also be spending a couple days prior to departure at Disney World. We want to rent a car at MCO for those days and then drive to the Port on departure day. Any suggestions for rental car companies that have good shuttle service from their car drop-off location to the cruise dock? Thanks

We used Budget, worked great.

We've used both Hertz and Avis and both were fine.

Dusty, most of the rental locations in Canaveral are satelite centers, very small and somewhat out-of-the-way locations. I guess I mean to say that there isn't a 'rental car row' where all the co's are located (hope that makes sense). So the shuttles pretty much run from the center to the pier or vice versa. Aside from a possible slow driver (our Hertz driver was a nice man, but I think he was intimidated by the gas pedal :D) the shuttle to the pier and back will be fine.

Two final thoughts: 1) Definitely use a co. that has their center at the airport, so much more convenient not having to load luggage on a bus and then load it into the car later. b) Drop off you luggage at the pier first, then return the rental. Again to lessen the loading/unloading factor.

Have a great cruise.

Budget was cheap and fairly easy for us. The line at the drop off location was kind of long, but once we got through that the trip to the ship was quick. Also, as many others have said on these boards, make sure you sign up for the quick-pass (?) or fast checkout program. The lines for all of the rental companies in MCO were crazy long.

Do any of these compaies have hours on Sundays? We're looking at Mariner too, which is a Sunday departure/arrival. We'd probably return the car on Saturday, but would need to pick up another one Sunday to get back to Orlando.

We used Budget this past weekend from Orlando airport to their location on Cocoa Beach and then they picked us up at 8am from the ship and took us back to their location. We were at the Orlando airport for our return flight by 9:45am.

No problems.

I also saw the Hertz van waiting when we got off the ship at 8am. (we made a point to get off the ship very early. We actually waiting on the Budget shuttle for about 10 mins. My wife and I and my sister and her husband were the only ones on that shuttle and there was no line at all at the Budget office.

It was simple.

We used Budget last year and booked them again for this year. They have pick up right at the airport and there is a drop off in port canaveral. They will shuttle you to the port too. Got a great deal from them. Use discount rate code W810011 on their website and save even more. Hope this helps.

Dreaming of Panama Canal 2006

Mariner again 10/05

Mariner of the Seas 9/04

I'm renting one-way from Avis for both Sundays (7/3 and 7/10) on either end of my Mariner cruise -- they were by far the cheapest and have shuttle service from Cape to Port Canaveral (the last shuttle leaves at 3:30PM, I think).

Archived