Guarantee cabin, when assigned?

it's5o'clocksomewhere

First time booking a guarantee stateroom. We leave in 2 days and still don't have an assignment. Called princess and verified that it still is not assigned. Leaving out of San Pedro, will there be someone curbside to give us an assignment so that we can put it on our luggage tags? Or will they send our luggage to the correct stateroom using our name on our tags? I look forward to hearing what others have experienced. Thank you!

I'm also interested in what to expect. I cruise in 12 days on the Caribbean Princess booked an AE mini-suite guarantee and haven't gotten an assignment even though on the Princess website it says the sailing is completely sold out.

I have never booked a guarantee, but I have read a number of threads from other cruisers who have asked the exact same question you have. As I understand it, they can assign a cabin at any time right up to your checking in.

I also understand that if you do not have an assignment yet, you can print out the blank tags with you names and the porters, who have the list of passengers and room assignments will get the bags to your room.

I know it must be frustrating not knowing, but you might be in for a pleasant surprise. On my last cruise, my mother joined us in LA. She has booked an inside room (with a number) but had been upgraded. When she got to the pier, she found that she had been upgraded again-this time to a full Balcony!

One never knows..Good luck.

Check your personalizer often. I have booked guarantees several times and usually got a cabin at least 2 days before the cruise. If you do not know what cabin you have by the time you drive to the port, ask the porter... he will have a list and luggage tags you can fill in at this time. But you will probably get your assignment today or tomorrow.

I assume you are sailing on the Golden Princess to Hawaii?

On our roll call for Sea princess in December some of the ones with guarantees already have cabin allocation - we do not but not worried as last year we didn't know till the day before a 46 night Princess cruise and we had gone up 2 categories of inside cabins - we were happy.

We are sailing on sunday 11/11, we booked probably 8 months ago. We only got our room assignment yesterday even though the cruise had been sold out. In the past we've found out a couple of months in advanced. I guess you must be patient. :D

We've gotten cabin a assignment just a day or two prior, put that cabin # on our luggage tags and whilst checking in, got upgraded to a different cabin (our luggage had already been collected) but it arrived at our newly assigned cabin in a timely manner ......the luggage fairy just knows!

The response I got from Princess UK was . alocation 7 days prior to embarkation, yet on P&O, which we are sailing on mid Dec I already have my cabin assigned. Both companies(?) are in the same office block , possibly the same personnel doing the assigning and bookings, but hey that is Carnival for you.

When you check the personalizer within 5 days of the cruise it will only allow you to access the boarding pass/baggage tags. Either one of these will show if your room has been assigned. :)

Have a great cruise whatever assignment you end up with. :D

Great tip. I'm at 6 days out with no cabin assigned and was getting set for just having to be surprised when I get on the ship

Thanks for all the additional information. One follow up question I have...the mini-suite category sold out very shortly after I booked my AE guarantee. They offered me an upsell to a suite the next day...but it was for a suite without a balcony so I didn't take it. It looked like those non-balcony suites were available until very recently so I'm concerned that my free "upgrade" could be from a mini-suite to a suite without a balcony. Would they do that? I wouldn't be happy with that unless it was accompanied by an onboard credit, access to the sanctuary or something like that. I spend TONS of time on my balcony.

Unless you indicated that you didn't want an upgrade you have left the door open to get one, even to one of the new window suites without a balcony. I hope you get to keep the balcony that you love but if the upgrade fairy comes and gives you a window suite I highly doubt it will come with any of the extras you mentioned, just the normal suite perks. You could try and get it sorted out once on board but I personally wouldn't hold my breath on a sold out cruise.

I'm concerned that my free "upgrade" could be from a mini-suite to a suite without a balcony. Would they do that? I wouldn't be happy with that unless it was accompanied by an onboard credit, access to the sanctuary or something like that. I spend TONS of time on my balcony.

Noone has ever posted about being upgraded (other than with paying $$$) from a balcony cabin to a window suite.

Archived