Where to stay in New York, New York

pandora85345

• 4 weeks later...

Hi General Max

I'm not sure what kind of hotel you are looking for but we stayed at the 414Hotel - http://www.414hotel.com - on 46th in late 2005. Great location - on restaurant row - and very nice rooms. Certainly not a Sheraton but we were on a four week tour of the US and both budget and comfort were important. Ordinary breakfast but comfy bed, free internet in lobby, whole place was newly renovated. Very helpful and friendly staff. No lifts though, so if stairs are a problem then would need to request a low room.

cheers, Peter:)

We are still looking for a nice hotel in Manhattan at the end of June.

Super 8 Times Square looks like it is running around $230 per night. I did June 28th thru July 1 2007 to check it out.

Not sure how much lower you are wanting, but I couldn't find anything lower in Sept/Oct '06 for my New England/Canada cruise. I was at Hotel Edison and really like it, but it's not available for end of June.

Or you could stay across the river on the New Jersey side, the hotels are a lot less expensive, but then you have to pay for transportation back to NYC if you want to sightsee.

I highly recommend the Carnegie Deli for the pastrami sandwich which can be shared with two people. My wife stayed in the Belvedere Hotel which is close to the theaters and is in Hell's Kitchen(she thought it was great, very reasonable and clean, and would stay there again).

Bob

After staying in Midtown several times, we thought we would save some money and stay down at the Embassy suites in (Downtown)Battery Park -- We had a ball. Midtown is an easy subway ride away or you can take a cab from the hotel -- but the rooms were huge and you literally save at least $100 per night. We had a beautiful corner room with large dining table, seating for six, huge sofa and separate bedroom -- all for about $220 per night in February. Huge breakfast on site (included in the room) and drinks at night are included as well. What a deal.

It was rated highly on tripadvisor and I can see why -- sure it's not a boutique, but with the money you are saving you can see an extra show or two.

http://www.hiltonfamilynewyork.com/embassy-suites-hotel-new-york-city.php

Sorry for the dual post, but just saw your question about the four points sheraton at Newark -- sure it is fine for one night, but with the "city" so close -- it is really easy to get in and have a great night in the lights and bustle.

From Newark Airport, you can take the monorail to the Newark Airport train station and catch a New Jersey Transit train into New York's Penn Station (only one stop away) and then take a cab to any hotel you want -- only a few minutes away by train. If luggage is the issue, then just take a cab - it costs a few bucks more, but being in the city is worth it, even for just one night.

Can you tell I love NY?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We just stayed in NYC a few weeks ago and I went onto Priceline.com and bid on a 4 star in Times Square area. We ended up getting The Sheraton Times Square for $160.00 a night. I wouldnt suggest bidding for anything under a 4 star if you are going to give it a try on bidding. It was a good hotel, clean and one block from the main action in Time Square. If you are looking for something inexpensive, clean, 3 star and half a block to Times Square, great location then give Radio City Apartments a look. Prices there have gone up quite a bit and with the economy being the way it is I would suggest going the Priceline way.

Archived