*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am the pits of society because I smoke but I do try to be considerate. At any rate, are there any smokers out there that have bought cigarettes at the duty free shop (or even ashore) that is now subject to Texas sales tax if you declare them which I'm not sure most do not but I'm not of that mind.

What I want to know is if someone "in transit" (a non-resident of Texas) can bring them in without paying the tax.

Tucker in Texas

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Liberty this morning. Being a good "citizen," I just bought one carton on the ship and smoked maybe half of them. O.K., maybe I'm not such a good "citizen" because I did not share with the tax collectors at a table at disembarkation that I had some packs left. The tax on a carton was $15.72 or thereabouts. I make my own with a machine for around $9 a carton so I wasn't tempted to smuggle and take a chance. However, they have no way of knowing how many cartons you have in your suitcase unless the ship rats you out because you bought their "buy three get one carton free" at their shops. If you bought them in port, you would be home free.

tucker in texas

I discovered this thread & link to cruise cams a couple weeks ago. I have a coworker who is a Carnival cruiser & I am loyal to Royal. She & I both cruise out of Galveston because it's such a short drive from Oklahoma. I introduced her to these links last week & we are both addicted. We keep the cams open all day & peak at them periodically. It's carrying both of us through till our next cruises next Spring. A big thank you to the people who started & bumped this thread up where I was able to see it! :D

• 1 month later...

Vision arrives in about a year's time but it looks like it's only for the winter season. I was hoping she'd be full-time and do some longer trips.

Back to the present, how's the new terminal doing ? Smoother operation both coming and going ?

Three weeks from today we'll be on Liberty :) :)

Vision arrives in about a year's time but it looks like it's only for the winter season. I was hoping she'd be full-time and do some longer trips.

Back to the present, how's the new terminal doing ? Smoother operation both coming and going ?

Three weeks from today we'll be on Liberty :) :)

We sailed Liberty ots in Sept.... the new terminal is complete. But it was not as fast on embarkation and slower on debarking as in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...