*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I would love to see those cruises back, but don't think we will. We did 4 years of those out of Galveston and it was just beyond fun. The cruise lines are cutting back on fuel but moving slower and going shorter routes.

Not everyone. Both HAL and Princess do 10 day partial Canal cruises out of Florida. We are booked on HAL in March doing one of these cruises out of Fort Lauderdale.

Sucks that we're losing Princess to Houston, but glad to see ships finally going to Houston and that Norwegian is returning to Texas!

Here's the CC article: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5083

Doesn't look like a picture of Houston in the article, but figured I would post it anyway.

Found the new thread!:) I actually didn't know the old one had exceeded the limit.:o I've been consumed with all things HAL since our first cruise on one of their ships is now just over a week away!:D

Love seeing the news about Bayport...I'm not sure I would choose either of those options over RCCL out of Galveston, but I think it's great for Gulf Coast cruising. Disclaimer...the first line to offer a longer cruise -- say a partial canal -- from Galveston or Houston has my business. One of the main reasons we're on HAL next week is the awesome itinerary and the longer cruise.

Mine too! :)

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we could make it an official Galveston, Texas Cruise Cam Watch Group cruise!:D I think there are a lot of us on here who would jump at the chance to do a 10 or 11 night cruise from Galveston (or Houston).

Maybe we could make it an official Galveston, Texas Cruise Cam Watch Group cruise!:D I think there are a lot of us on here who would jump at the chance to do a 10 or 11 night cruise from Galveston (or Houston).

Our official Galveston Cruise Cam Watch group out of Houston ;-)

Hey I wanted to let you guys know I did a focus group a coupe months ago and it was for Disney Cruises out of Galveston. Not that alot of us cruise Disney but it was interesting. They are testing ideas of longer cruises out of Galveston. Some were going further South and some were going to Canaveral for a few days so that the Disney parks could be enjoyed longer. So I think they may consider sticking around. I will say that all of us agreed it would be super nice to go on a Disney cruise but we all refused to fork out the $ it cost to go on one.

Hmm...I'm watching the HAL Noordam (my next ship in 10 days, but who's counting?:rolleyes:) leave port on the Fort Lauderdale cam. I don't want to sound greedy, but the Galveston folks really need to look at the Fort Lauderdale cameras! They are awesome!

We are a bit miffed about those longer cruises down to Panama. The last one we took was on X out of lauderdale and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately in the years since, they NEVER offer one that covers the holidays. They always try to split it up so they can jack the prices. That means it leaves way to early or gets back way to late to get back to school. ALL of the cruise lines have been doing it. We looked for next year and found a couple that could work, but are all eastern (ick) or they want us to buy the ship. :rolleyes:

i understand one of the reasons is that the government has jacked up the price for a cruise ship to do a partial. That caused some ships to merely stop at Colon and offer tours. That was a weak sister to partial passages.

And yes, we too are not pleased!

Panama is NOT paying for the expansion, but they do love those $$$$$. Primary funding is coming from Japan, China and the US.

Found the new thread!:) I actually didn't know the old one had exceeded the limit.:o

Actually it didn't. I started this thread so the other thread wouldn't reach it's limit and we lose it like the first one.

Hmm...I'm watching the HAL Noordam (my next ship in 10 days, but who's counting?:rolleyes:) leave port on the Fort Lauderdale cam. I don't want to sound greedy, but the Galveston folks really need to look at the Fort Lauderdale cameras! They are awesome!

I agree, as long as we continue to have the current ones as well. The FL webcams wouldn't make a good time lapse. They would be very cool to watch, though!

Sorry y'all, I woke up too late to make a timelapse of Mariner's arrival this morning. She has already made her 180 turn. Going to have to wait until next weekend.

Welcome back to Galveston, Mariner!

Edited by Texas Teen

Thanks Dylan! Pier 23 web cam is not working. :( We'll be driving over to Galveston in a couple of hours to have a look! It's been a long time! :D

I think you've answered my question. I was going to send the link to my family--who aren't on cruise critic (I can't understand why not?). Anyway, couldn't find the Mariner on the webcams. Is Pier 23 the web cam I should be trying to pull up?

There was one last season, but it is not llisted this year. Guess it needed a sponsor. Only thing I could pick up was the web cam from harbor House but Carnival docks in front of Mariner so you cannot see Mariner until Carnival departs today at 4pm.

Someone else may know alot more than me....so pls post!

Wow! Some nasty comments over on the Mariner TA meet and Mingle...seems there were some less than pleasant pax onboard