Getaway Fare

Belfastlad

I recently booked a cruise on QE and have noticed the price has come down considerably. So my question is, have any of you folk experienced this? and if so received an upgrade or OBC. The booking was made on the 'Getaway' deal. We have already been allocated our cabin details. Thanks in advance for any details.

We've booked getaways several times, but never has the price come down further after we've booked, so have no first hand knowledge.

There's a possibility that you may get a further upgrade (assuming you've already been upgraded from the grade you initially booked), but suspect that most of the last-minute upgrades are aimed in the direction of those who paid full fare long ago.

As 2irisheyes says, Cunard's new vantage fares do include a price promise of OBC or other compensation should fares come down after early booking, but imagine your getaway fare was less than that paid by those who booked early anyway.

Mary:)

I recently booked a cruise on QE and have noticed the price has come down considerably. So my question is, have any of you folk experienced this? and if so received an upgrade or OBC. The booking was made on the 'Getaway' deal. We have already been allocated our cabin details. Thanks in advance for any details.

I don't believe that you have any recourse but ask Cunard, if you don't ask you don't get!

I know of two couples who have been in your situation recently. Both expressed their disappointment (politely of course!), either direct to Cunard or via their travel agent, and both received a 'significant' upgrade - so don't be afraid to make the call. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a special fare princess grill suite with a nonrefundable deposit a couple of months ago. Today I found a fare for the same sailing and accommodations at $350.00 per person less. Cunard honored the new lower fare even though I had a nonrefundable deposit on the previous booking.

We booked a special fare princess grill suite with a nonrefundable deposit a couple of months ago. Today I found a fare for the same sailing and accommodations at $350.00 per person less. Cunard honored the new lower fare even though I had a nonrefundable deposit on the previous booking.

Was this a Vatage fare?

David.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, the days of cheap Getaway fares. Unfortunately, these are no longer available for people who travel alone. Cunard now discriminates against single people and makes us pay Vantage fares. This means a person travelling alone (and being forced to pay Vantage fares) will pay hundreds of pounds more than a couple who can travel on a Getaway fare.

Yes, I'm fuming!

Archived