F A O Barnowl 1950

kalos

Thanks kruzseeker it's the usual "furred arteries" i'm afraid. Have been looking on here in between looking up low-fat recipes. It's completely knocked me for six as he's always on the go ...it really kicked in last night, couldn't sleep thinking it can't be happening... wondering about possible complications, and I scared myself thinking that if he had left the house just one minute later Thursday what the outcome would have been, and relief. Now it seems he's in better shape than before and it looks like he'll be home as early as tomorrow (and has been given orders to climb the stairs several times a day).

So sorry this is off topic everyone... think it must be me that's a wreak at the moment. Will get a grip very soon.

Wonder if something like this has happened to others and if they went ahead with cruising or not a few months later.

Sorry to hear what happened to Mr Barnowl 1950 but very pleased for you both that the outcome was a good one for you both .

Looking on the brightside ,he will be getting lots of checks on his heart from now on ,so try not to worry so much .

(easier said than done ;))

Took the liberty of opening a new thread for you Barnowl , so others may help you with advice on your insurance or somewhere

for you to give us updates on how he's recovering . Or just to wish him well :)

We are a caring lot on here and will support you through this worrying time .

getwell.gif

Best wishes to you Both ! Kalos :)

Hello kalos this is so thoughtful and helpful, yes you're right there will be regular check-ups and a nurse will be visiting two or three times a week for a while too.

Will let you know too what the insurance people say, I shall call them on Monday but will probably have to get back to them again later when we have accurate medical details from the doctors.

In the meantime if anyone else on here has experienced similiar circumstances before a cruise it would be helpful to hear re. insurance/overall holiday etc.

Thanks again kalos, must say if I were a smoker I would have gone through about 400 by now :eek: but i/we have never smoked.

Hi Barnowl, You are more than welcome:) and I really hope you get him back home soon .

Our family can identify with what you are going through as I have a brother in law who is more of a brother to me we are really

close as a family .

Over the last ten years he had countless heart atacks / mini strokes and has had the quad bypass and a pacemaker that phones the hospital should it detect something it does not like . (Amazing what they can do these days )

It's his birthday next week and he has not cleared 50 yet , but things like this can hit at any age .

I have a workmate who had a heart attack well over ten years ago and he has not looked back or had any problems since then .

I hope this to be the case with your hubby and they (Drs) let you on the cruise with him and I'm sure you will enjoy it .

Lets hope he now goes from strength to strength in his recovery . Oh and steady does it up and down those stairs ;):D

Once again best wishes :cool:

Thanks kalos...it's that feeling of apprehension in the back of the mind isn't it? And yes it's wonderful what they can do now I had never heard of pacemakers like this 'til you said. Hubby is being discharged later today (unless they change their minds for any reason) I can hardly believe it after what happened, seems so soon but they're the experts and know what they are doing, I am so thankful to them.

Hubby's HOME :)......next to me here on the sofa and guess what he's doing?

Watching T.V (something about the universe) which doesn't interest me at all but he gets glued to stuff like that, he can keep it on 'til midnight if he likes I wouldn't mind!

Now if it were anything to do with travel (especially cruise ships)....that would be different of course I would enjoy that.

We're so lucky but others have similar circumstances and much worse every minute every day, you never know what people may have on their minds really. Would like to say thanks again for taking the trouble to help, will try to take each day as it comes. :)

Carole

Really sorry to hear Barnowl about your recent problems, and I hope everything goes well from now on. :)

Also hope that you get some answers from Thomson soon about your holiday for next year, as I'm sure that your most definitely looking forward to a break away.

Really sorry to hear Barnowl about your recent problems, and I hope everything goes well from now on. :)

Also hope that you get some answers from Thomson soon about your holiday for next year, as I'm sure that your most definitely looking forward to a break away.

Thanks Sailaway....he has to take it steady for six weeks or so then back to normal more or less (low fat diet, pills) I'll be more optimistic about everything after 28 days.

He does want to do Spirit of the Med in April (all being well of course) wonder what ship though? I'm sure it will be lovely whichever it is :)

Having said that we will of course accept Drs. advice.

So pleased he's back home with you - and I trust he will make a good and full recovery so that you can both relax and look forward to your next cruise. :)

Hello kruzseeker thanks again - hubby doesn't know what c.c. is at all but I'm showing him the messages and he's quite chuffed (for want of a better word) to see people are thinking of him, people on here are really, really kind.

Carole

Hi Carole,

I have just read about your husband. So glad he is home :)

I have had to cancel two cruises and both times we were able to get the insurance back through our insurers - Lloyds TSB. Still, hopefully you will not have to cancel and will be able to go and have a lovely relaxing time, (with a few healthy walks of course :))

Take care

Hi Carole,

I have just read about your husband. So glad he is home :)

I have had to cancel two cruises and both times we were able to get the insurance back through our insurers - Lloyds TSB. Still, hopefully you will not have to cancel and will be able to go and have a lovely relaxing time, (with a few healthy walks of course :))

Take care

Oh I am so glad too, thanks for your comments Linda :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would dust this post off and bump it back up the board for you ;)

Reading on the other recent posts ,I see that hubby is making good progress in his recovery which is great news ,

so pleased for both of you .

Also pleased to see that the Dr thinks a cruise is in order ,I like your Dr :D;)

Maybe you should book two just to make sure you get the full benefit :cool::D

Hi Barnowl

Good to see your hubby is recovering and pleased his Dr has told you to go on your cruise.

After I had my problem my Dr recommended that I go on the cruise we had booked as it would do me good.

I asked him if I could have it on prescription please:D:D

Unfortunately he said no.:(

Thought I would dust this post off and bump it back up the board for you ;)

Reading on the other recent posts ,I see that hubby is making good progress in his recovery which is great news ,

so pleased for both of you .

Also pleased to see that the Dr thinks a cruise is in order ,I like your Dr :D;)

Maybe you should book two just to make sure you get the full benefit :cool::D

Hi kalos :) he's got to take it steady of course, has to have a low fat diet and all sorts of pills, steady walks and so on, next week will be exercises and check-ups at the heart and lung unit (hopefully no problems)

Another cruise.....well it would be very tempting but we booked a week in Spain last August for next August as a treat for the Grandchildren so that's next year sorted for us.

Thanks again kalos.

Hello kalos this is so thoughtful and helpful, yes you're right there will be regular check-ups and a nurse will be visiting two or three times a week for a while too.

Will let you know too what the insurance people say, I shall call them on Monday but will probably have to get back to them again later when we have accurate medical details from the doctors.

In the meantime if anyone else on here has experienced similiar circumstances before a cruise it would be helpful to hear re. insurance/overall holiday etc.

Thanks again kalos, must say if I were a smoker I would have gone through about 400 by now :eek: but i/we have never smoked.

Hi Barnowl sorry to hear about Hubbies health problems my Missus has angina and Insurance can be a problem we went through AGE UK think it was about £112 for the year for her hope this helps?

Hi there, thanks will keep that in mind for the future, we're covered for our cruise next year and for a week in Spain after that as we bought insurance same time as booking. Had no pre-existing medical conditions.

Someone on here said Insureandgo is very good re. heart problems too.:)

Archived