I think we may have been too spoiled.

slh182

DH and I decided to try our first cruise last February. We were both concerned about getting sea sick so we weren't sure if we would like cruising or not. We thought the bigger the ship the less sea sick we would get, so we went on the Liberty of the Seas. Even though we had really rough seas and the ship rocked a lot, we were surprised that it didn't bother us. We didn't get sick. It also turns out that we LOVED our cruise. It is one of the best memories I have in life. The ship was fabulous. It was huge. There were all kinds of fun things to do. The inside of the ship was very pretty.

Since we had so much fun on the Liberty, we decided to go on an even bigger ship the Allure of the Seas. We are going in January. My concern is that after going on the Allure and having been on the Liberty, we spoiled ourselves too much. Now I'm afraid that I won't like any other cruise line and anything smaller than a freedom class ship. Maybe we should have tried the smaller ships first.

We have sailed on many (almost all) classes of Royal Caribbean ship. We love Oasis class for the varied activities and the neighborhoods. We love Freedom class for being an improved version of the Voyager class. But the Radiance class will always hold a special place in our hearts as being one of the most beautiful ships to sail on. Navigator class we always feel like it is crowded. The other classes seem to handle crowd control and passenger routing better than Navigator.... Both my DW and I have this impression.... This is our opinion so I am sure others may differ.

RA

We have also sailed on just about all classes of Royal Caribbean ships. We have loved all of our cruises regardless of ship size. Seems like the cruise directors on all of the ships do an awesome job of planning acitivities. It's great to have a choice if we want to participate.

RCCL has gotten wise to adding certain innovations that are on the Allure and Oasis to many of their ships. Updating to include some of these attractions is a smart move to keep passengers on all of their ships.

You will never know which is your favorite ship size if you don't try a few different ones. Kind of like kissing a few frogs to find a prince! ;)

Each one has it's own charm. It's like going to four different 5-star restaurants. They're all great, just different. Look for the charm in each one. Some are better for activites, ports, dining, atmosphere, service, etc. Now you have to try them all and then give us your feedback!!

Try them all!

We have been on each class ship in the current RCL inventory. Each class of ship has their own attributes that result in a different cruise experience.

The layouts and amenities of each class are different enough that it will feel like a first-time experience each time you try a different one.

I can't say that the Oasis class is any better than the Sovereign class; just different. Each is unique in it's own regard.

We usually try to take a cruise that has at least one different port or a different ship we have not been on. We like the variety.

The smaller ships often have more port intensive itineraries. So, while the Allure will offer you a great deal aboard the ship, a smaller ship might take you to more places and you will be in port more. What the smaller ship has in the way of entertainment and cozy corners will be enough to keep you busy between ports.

:)

DH and I decided to try our first cruise last February. We were both concerned about getting sea sick so we weren't sure if we would like cruising or not. We thought the bigger the ship the less sea sick we would get, so we went on the Liberty of the Seas. Even though we had really rough seas and the ship rocked a lot, we were surprised that it didn't bother us. We didn't get sick. It also turns out that we LOVED our cruise. It is one of the best memories I have in life. The ship was fabulous. It was huge. There were all kinds of fun things to do. The inside of the ship was very pretty.

Since we had so much fun on the Liberty, we decided to go on an even bigger ship the Allure of the Seas. We are going in January. My concern is that after going on the Allure and having been on the Liberty, we spoiled ourselves too much. Now I'm afraid that I won't like any other cruise line and anything smaller than a freedom class ship. Maybe we should have tried the smaller ships first.

You will love the Allure/Oasis if you like bigger ships and lots of things to do, if your a layed-back person you'll probably like the Radiance as well, glad you tried RCCL :)

I sailed on the Allure last April and then on the Majesty in June. Within the RCI fleet of ships you couldn't have a bigger contrast. I had a great time on both. As someone else said, the port intensive itinerary helped to make up for the lack of bells and whistles on the ship. Being with my daughter was also a lot of fun. Each cruise is different and the capacity to have fun exists on all of them.

I've been on every class except Freedom; but unless they are hiding something on Freedom class no one has mentioned, all the ships are large with loads of activities. Also, even if you decide to cruise a " smaller" vessel, if you know you like the specialty restaurants and activities, look for one that has already undergone the " royal advantage" upgrade; most have or will within the next year or two. We like to sail Voyager class because we like the Royal Promenade. The company describes this as giving their whole fleet the advantages that Oasis class has. And you won't pay as handsomely for it!

Welcome to cruising:D

After you try the Allure, which is the destination in itself, try something a bit smaller than the Freedom class, with different ports, and see how well you enjoy that.

We have been on all of the classes in the fleet, and, like some others here, love the Radiance class. In the public areas, the glass allows you to view the sea at all times. The Radiance class does not give you all of restaurants, bars and things to do that the Oasis class does, but she feels like a cruise ship to us.

Enjoy!

Rick

I guess it's time for you to do some research. :D You will have to experience them yourself before making that determination.... I have been on most classes and as previous posters have said, there is something unique and fun on each ship.

Majesty: Great when I want to relax. I know where everything is and it is not far to walk to get there.

Liberty: Variety, pub, entertainment....great with the family.

Allure: Beautiful, central park, variety, pub, great with the family.

Legend: Beautiful, my first cruise, nostalgic.

Not a problem for us – but everyone is different.

We sailed the Freedom 3 months after the Allure and then sailed the Monarch 2 months after the Freedom. I never consider being “spoiled “ after sailing the Allure so that I cold not sail a different class of ship. Each ship class has something different to offer and “Yes” a new ship will be a bit nicer and maybe have more amenities than on older and perhaps smaller ships.

Size really does not matter as many who sail RCCL prefer the Radiance class ship to the Freedom class or Oasis Class ships.

Perhaps I am lucky that I can sail from ship class to ship class with no fear of being “spoiled” by one particular class. Also –we sail in a variety of cabin categories and may sail in a suite on one cruise and an OV on the next. It is all great to me

Good luck

As many people on this board will tell you....your first cruise is usually the best! If you fall in love with cruising it typically happens that first magical time on a ship. Agree that Liberty is a beautiful ship...and the Oasis class just took my breath away with the imagination and creativity of activities on board. Have also sailed Voyager and Radiance class and had a fabulous time.

Having said that- I gravitate and am most satisfied on the Freedom and Oasis class;). I prefer the newer, larger ships with all of the bells and whistles. Nothing wrong with the older ships- can still have a great time on them. I know myself well enough to know that the Freedom and Oasis class fit the bill for me and my family. So no worries if you find that you are content/spoiled with those types of ships!

You'll be fine. You get excited for the ship you are about to sail, regardless of the ship or line. Go on with the right attitude and most likely you'll love any cruise, even on small ships. I know I do and I have been on Oasis Class 3 times. ;)

..........Since we had so much fun on the Liberty, we decided to go on an even bigger ship the Allure of the Seas. We are going in January. My concern is that after going on the Allure and having been on the Liberty, we spoiled ourselves too much. Now I'm afraid that I won't like any other cruise line and anything smaller than a freedom class ship. Maybe we should have tried the smaller ships first.

Do what we did. We "forced" ourselves to go on a small ship, and a very inexpensive one too. What we found out was, we love cruising! Now I don't cre what we sail on, as long as we sail. Having said that we are going on our first mega-ship soon, so I'll see how I feel after this one.

Clay

We have cruised several RCI ships over the past ten years........What appealed to me in the beginning does not now..Sure some ships have certain qualities............BUt it's all good. Try and travel on every one of RCI's classes of ships. Just always bring a good attitude and be ready to have a good time and you'll love every cruise experience no matter what ship you're on.

I had always done Voyager and above until I tried the Monarch in December of 2010. As another poster said I prefer the Freedom class and above, mainly because there is so much more to see and do. I do want to try the Radiance class but that just hasn't worked out yet.

We cruise for the ports. The ship is a convenient floating hotel, that transports us from one great place to another while we sleep. My favorite itineraries are those when we cruise within the sight of land so that i can sit and view the scenary ( sailing through the straights of Messina, the achipeligio of Stockholm, Alaska's inside passage). So for me a smaller ship can get closer, dock ( rather than tender) and disgorge fewer fellow pax into each port. We've sailed all size ship but prefer Radiance class or smaller.

Archived