Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Your photos are amazing and beautiful your information detailed and answers questions I never thought to ask.

Oh and the kids current pool is awsome we loved it so much on Freedom glad to see Allure has one too.

Thank You for for sharing your vacation with all of us.

Gambee, I LOVE your review. Your pictures are FANTASTIC!! The only negative, I am spending way too much time on CC enjoy your cruise(only thing that would be better is if DH and I were there;)).

I know before my cruise I spent so much time on CC, now its even worse ;), this review just sucks up all my time.

I'm lovin' your review! Thank you.

I had to laugh about your comment regarding the kid's current whirlpool. You should have tried it! We did on Freedom OTS and it was a blast. We fully intend to use it on Allure in April-kids or no kids.

I know I should off, I could not imagine the jacuzzis being that much cleaner. Although I noticed that they cleaned the kids Jacuzzis almost on a daily basis. I believe the others alternate.

You're doing a fantastic job. I'm enjoying your review

Thank you :)

Please don't stop and continue just they way you are now. Great review and very interesting pictures. Perhaps I missed a previous post, but how did you get those special effects that make everything look like a Hollywood miniature? What a cool effect.

OWD

To be technically specific that effect is called "Tilt-Shift" you can see it in many photoshop applications. But those pictures were taken directly out of the camera. In my camera is called "Mini" and is like an effect that the camera adds to the pictures, not all cameras have it, but some do. Play around with yours and see if you find it. It is much easier to do it in the camera than in the computer, although the computer effects can be much better.

This is one of the best reviews written. Please keep going with ALL details. I love it!!!! My husband and I will be on Allure January 27th and I love hearing the adult perspective. I am so excited about this cruise and your review is adding to it. I agree oceanview balcony is the way to go on the Oasis or Allure to connect with the water!

Thanks for the compliments :). I hope you have a blast on your cruise, you will love your balcony. We spend so much time there, I miss it dearly.

This is a wonderful review. Don't change your style at all. I'm looking forward to reading for as long as you can stretch it out. Fabulous pictures!!

Thank you, I will keep it going just the way it's been going.

Your photos are amazing and beautiful your information detailed and answers questions I never thought to ask.

Oh and the kids current pool is awsome we loved it so much on Freedom glad to see Allure has one too.

Thank You for for sharing your vacation with all of us.

Thanks for your comment, it's my pleasure.

Your review is perfect just the way it is.

I'm so glad they updated the sliding door so it could be locked from the balcony and the a/c will keep running:).

Yeah I was happy about that, the bf likes the room extra cold. I was a little worried about that before boarding.

After a little while in the room mom and decided to head out the aft balcony to check it out. Just as I expected it was 5 doors down the corridor, it was a very large balcony with plenty of places to sit in. I took advantage of the extraordinary position it offered and took some pictures, mom did her usual, asked me to take pictures of her with her ipad to send to her family. As you can imagine that iPad was about a minute away from flying overboard ;).

DSC04909_zpsee6e38d1.jpg

DSC04911_zps3a2d55a9.jpg

DSC04916_zpsea5e8a39.jpg

DSC04919_zps0eb6091b.jpg

DSC04920_zpsfda1dd13.jpg

Ok folks, that's it for now I have to get breakfast and work on the next set of pictures. Feel free to tell me how you like it so far? Less details maybe? or keep it the way its going?

Thanks for joining in :)

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I'm loving this review! Your pictures are beautiful and I love all your detail. We're sailing the Allure December 9th - this is getting me SO excited!

After checking out the balcony I told mom we should check out how to access the running track on deck 5, we needed to be aware of to get there because this was the place that I had chosen for us for sail away. For those of you wondering why I picked this particular place for sail away, here was my train of thought.

There were two meet and mingle locations one on deck 11 aft port side balcony and the other on deck 15 aft by the flowriders on to of the word Allure. Both locations were great options, but in the end my priority was to be able to get good pictures during sail away. Deck 5 was the closest one to all the targets I wanted to get, another good thing about it was that it tends to be not as crowded and I could move around and maybe even set my tripod without disturbing too many people.

So we took the elevator down and I snapped the picture of the day that we are so familiar with. The running deck was everything that I wanted it to be and more, it was perfect for my purpose. Then we went around it and come into the royal promenade through the other side.

DSC04958_zps7179abf6.jpg

DSC04960_zpsf0da1ec3.jpg

DSC04974_zpsbf32ae92.jpg

DSC04978_zps670974d0.jpg

DSC04983_zpsf407bc2a.jpg

Did I mention Tissot is my favorite watch brand?

DSC04984_zpsaf90bf42.jpg

DSC04986_zps3bbf748e.jpg

DSC04989_zps03d116ea.jpg

I needed to head up to the spa to make my appointment for my free treatment. When I initially booked the cruise they had an offer if you booked a balcony cabin or better, the cruise would give you a coupon for a free treatment. There were 3 options, swedish massage, hydrolift facial and reflexology. This was my very first time in a spa, I am a little intimidated by them. So I picked the facial, it seemed the best option at the moment, plus I would not have to get naked or anything. Please don't laugh, lol, it was my first time.

On the way up we stopped at the cup cake store, ill let the pictures do the talking this time. We never ate there.

DSC04990_zps414e38a7.jpg

DSC04992_zpsbdb9381d.jpg

DSC04994_zps8475bb82.jpg

DSC04995_zps3e6e975a.jpg

Once we got to the spa I made my appointment for Jamaica day, the only condition is that the treatment had to be on a port day and since we had no plans for Jamaica that was my best option. They tried selling mom a few treatments, but she feels even more uncomfortable than I do in spas, that is why she did not take the freebie, I was not going to let $120 go down the drain.

DSC05004_zps6f3e2853.jpg

DSC05005_zpsfb78b570.jpg

DSC05006_zpsc4357bb1.jpg

DSC05008_zpsc9416625.jpg

DSC05011_zpsf20272e8.jpg

DSC05013_zps892c829c.jpg

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I'm loving this review! Your pictures are beautiful and I love all your detail. We're sailing the Allure December 9th - this is getting me SO excited!

You will have a blast, I will try to remember the most possible to give you more tips.

I am glued to the computer waiting for the next installment. Wonderful review. I will be sailing on her Dec 9, only 25 days but who's counting, right?

I have one question. With all of the beautiful photos and all of the photos you took of you Mom why don' t you post some of you, the bf, and Mom????

First, I am enjoying reading this report and seeing your amazing pictures!! We are going on Allure (hopefully, booking last minute) in April and I am using that trip as my motivation for jump starting an exercise/diet/getting healthy lifestyle. Your pictures are helping me more than words ever could. Keep them coming!!

Second, did you change something between last night and this morning in your postings? I could see your pictures awesome before and now they are just links. Ehh, I'll figure it out!!

Thank you for the report!! Your pictures of FLL are making me "homesick." We lived there for a a few years moving back home to the Northeast in 2009. I miss it more than I thought I would.

You will have a blast, I will try to remember the most possible to give you more tips.

Thank you so much! So - quick camera question since I'm in love with every.single.picture you've taken. I'm getting a new camera for this trip and I kind of had my heart set on Nikon 3100, but after seeing your pictures I'm wondering if I should go the Sony route with your style that also looks a lot smaller. Do you have any recommendations? I know you're busy with the review so whenever you have a minute you send me a message or email :)

After that we headed up to the room to get ready for the drill, the missing bag was already there so that was good. I HATE drills, I don't feel very comfortable in big crowds. Ours was in deck 5 in the main dinning room. We got there pretty late I was trying to avoid being there a long time, I believe we got there 7 minutes before the videos started. If you get there early you will be able to get a chair and table, we had to stand the entire time all the way in the back……. I guess my reasoning was a little off, next time I will get there earlier to make sure I get a table by the front.

As we were leaving we met our cabin attendant Gilbert, what a wonderful person. I can't enough about him, one of the most attentive, personable and professional people I've ever met. We took advantage to give him his gift, which by the way I noticed he shared with his coworkers (very nice of him). I also made note he knew that we prepaid gratuities and gave a little extra, I also asked him if he could keep ice in the room for us. You have to really realize how hard these people work to make your vacations so wonderful. I for one am not one to let that go unnoticed. They sacrifice a lot to be there and I will make everything in my power to let them know how much I appreciate what they are doing for me. Thank you Gilbert.

As we walked down the hall I overheard a conversation between a couple, the lady told her husband "My hips are killing me from all this walking". She was right, there is a lot of walking. I suggest you take careful consideration in which room to book if you have any kind of medical condition.

DSC05024_zps7214a96c.jpg

DSC05025_zpsfd236561.jpg

DSC05034_zpsc4f086b4.jpg