Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

ok folks, it was a very long and stressful day at work. Now its time to keep my promise :-). I will address all the questions later today or tomorrow morning.

Gambee, so sorry to hear work is stressing you out. Yuck :(

Don't feel like you have to rush and get this done for us. I want you to enjoy writing this review like you enjoyed the cruise itself. :) We can wait it out - you are worth it!

Your Fan,

Jen

That day I woke up with a horrible migraine, it was probably from mixing all wine the night before. I ended up having sauvignon blank, moscato and cabernet. I decided to try to get rid of it with some food and coffee, rather than take excetrin migraine and risk damaging my tummy again.

I take Excetrin Migraine occasionally and I have found that you HAVE TO have food in your tummy or it will rip you up. I think that is why you got so sick from it that time. I've accidentally skipped the food and took the pills - I a paid for it dearly in just the same way. So, next time - eat something with that pill :)

Gambee, so sorry to hear work is stressing you out. Yuck :(

Don't feel like you have to rush and get this done for us. I want you to enjoy writing this review like you enjoyed the cruise itself. :) We can wait it out - you are worth it!

Your Fan,

Jen

It's ok, thanks for the support. Actually this like a therapy after a day at work, I enjoy doing it very much :)

I take Excetrin Migraine occasionally and I have found that you HAVE TO have food in your tummy or it will rip you up. I think that is why you got so sick from it that time. I've accidentally skipped the food and took the pills - I a paid for it dearly in just the same way. So, next time - eat something with that pill :)

Thanks for the advice, it is indeed a very aggressive pill.

Ok...bwahahahahaha.... ;)

Nice action shots! Glad there wasn't any permanent damage. I do remember reading somewhere on CC that Flowrider participants should wear some kind of water shirt.

I eventually wore one the next day, but I did it more to stay cool while waiting in line.

The personal messages at the bottom of the cruise compass makes me laugh because we were on the October 7 sailing of Allure, and we had those same messages.

you know I never noticed that until you just mentioned it.

Your mom did great with these pictures! Great review, I am enjoying it soooo much! You are making it hard not to book a cruise on Allure right now!!!!!! ;):rolleyes::o:D

Book it, Book it, Book it!!!!!!!:D

Great minds think alike ;)

lol, those were so good!!!! You will see later on that I go back for more that day.

DSC05956_zpsf4647c23.jpg

As I turned around I notice this baby.

DSC05953_zpsab6e3645.jpg

I think this is a good time to talk about these machines. From what I noticed the Allure has a total of 7 of them, 4 in the windjammer (2 in each side), 2 in Sorrentos in the Royal Promenade and one in the wipeout cafe on deck 15 aft. Those are the one I noticed, I looked for more but could not find any, but if I missed one please anyone feel free to jump in and tell us where.

The machines are not that easy to use for first timers, that is why there are mostly always RCCL employees to help you out with them. They should be very simple to use, but there is one problem. First you push the lever to get the ice, that is pretty simple. Then you select your soda of choice (by the way, there are so many choices that its absolutely ridiculous, if you don't find it there, you wont find it anywhere. I am not sure how they store so many combinations in there), here is where the problem starts. You're supposed to select your choice in the touch screen, but the screen is not quick at all and you don't know if your command went in because there is no tacktile or display response. Sometimes you have to wait, sometimes you have to move the cup around and sometimes it works fast and simple. Once the screen has changed to the soda you selected, you press the big circle button and whala soda comes out magically.

I am not sure if I was illiterate or what but I did not find it that simple to use at the beginning, once you know how they work, it's fairly simple. The machines only work with the cup provided with the soda package, I never tried with another cup, nor did I see anyone trying. But that is what was displayed on the posters next to them.

I took a video of my first time using the machine, you clearly see that I was having a hard time figuring it out. I eventually change machine thinking that the first one was broken. Sorry about the shaky video, who knows maybe I struggled with the machine because I was trying to get it on video at the same time. In any case I felt pretty dumb. Maybe I just don't have any patience.

Here is the video:

Leaving the wipeout cafe

DSC05951_zps5a8ef8b8.jpg

DSC05957_zps4cab8f26.jpg

We relaxed in the jacuzzi for 30 minutes.

DSC00205_zps3dd5777b.jpg

At 6:05pm we decided to go to the room and get ready for formal night, I was looking forward to eat duck that night. As I started gathering my stuff I noticed my favorite sandals were missing, at first I thought someone had stolen them, but then I realized I must of left them somewhere. So we started backtracking to look for them. We headed towards the back of the ship.

DSC05963_zpsfac8aa8f.jpg

So you probably guessed it by now, I left them in the same place that I left my privates and my dignity, lol.

DSC09219_zpsc5e69031.jpg

The good part about this extra trip was that I managed to get these pictures from back there.

DSC05967_zps7c0da1fc.jpg

DSC05968_zpsf14e1759.jpg

DSC05969_zps01595b62.jpg

DSC05972_zps7161d2f6.jpg

Once in the room we noticed that this was the first time that we felt the ship moving, but it was a very very mild movement at that moment. We all took a bonnie and got ready for the formal dinner.

Ok now let me tell you a little story about my suit, I bought this suit for my graduation a few years ago, I think 3 years ago and had wore it very few times after that. Well I think there is a conspiracy in my closet at home, because for some odd reason all my clothes seem to be shrinking :rolleyes: and the suit was no exception. I failed to try my suit on before boarding the ship and well I will let the pictures do the explaining. lol.

DSC05983_zps0f7983bc.jpg

DSC05984_zpsf7c6503e.jpg

Yup I looked like one those burritos that they make in front of you at Chipotle and I felt like one to. It was horrible, I had to tuck in my tummy and eventually I could not stand the jacket any longer and I took off. I know many complain about people that do not dress formal, but at least I tried, I simply could not breath any more. And yes while I sat down, I had to loosen the pants a little just so I could be comfortable and fit some more food in my tummy :rolleyes:, not that I needed it.

Great, I just left your blog and went on a internet shopping escapade looking for the perfect Sanuk Sandal :D All is well, I'm back reading your review again. :)

They are so soft, I have two pairs and I refuse to wear anything but that brand. It's like walking in a cloud.

We had my time dinning, we got there around 7:30 and had to wait until about 8:05, that was buy far the longest we waited to be seated. They had these really cool wine dispensers there to use, the problem was that I did not see one glass. If they had glasses there you can bet that I would had tried one of them just to see how they work. In addition to that, half of the wine bottles were empty or the machine price displayed lines.

Red wines

DSC05993_zps5df5ae59.jpg

White wines chilled

DSC05994_zps9444c3c8.jpg

So where are the glasses? Don't know.

Day two formal night menu.

DSC06001_zps1a09b3bc.jpg

DSC06002_zps2079382c.jpg

This wine was so so at best.

DSC06006_zps120b051f.jpg

DSC06003_zps9ea216dc.jpg

gazpacho, I tried it, that was about it, no one else did, it was ok I guess. But there is actually a very funny story that goes with this dish. Well as you could have guessed the migraine was gone by then and as I was eating I grabbed the martini glass and went to take a sip thinking it was an alcoholic drink. So ashamed of it. It was almost like an impulse, the worse part of it is that I did it 3 times, not bluffing, what the hell is wrong with me. Eventually I asked the server to remove it, it was driving nuts, lol. Horrible I know. But very fuuny we where all cracking up!!! lol

That is so super funny LOL ... and embarrassingly something I would have done :o

DSC06005_zpsf943e26d.jpg

Mom and I both had the Lobster bisque, it was tasty mom ate it all, I ate about half of it. I was very sad about the suit situation, so I went on a temporary diet.

DSC06009_zps4cef876f.jpg

Bf had the smoked chicken breast for his appetizer. He said it was good, I did not care for it because it was served as a cold dish.

DSC06010_zps80f9557e.jpg

Bf and I got the duck, I loved it, he said he did not care for it. He said it was very tough, I did not think it was at all. Thank God he did not try my lamb from the night before, that was tough.

DSC06017_zps6c84e6ac.jpg

Mom had the carved fillet of beef, she did not like it. It came out cold, I think she was expecting something else, but I thought it was ok, nothing wrong with it.

DSC06018_zpse07105e5.jpg

Mom and I had the Chocolate soufflé. She hated it, I actually loved the top part, but the rest of it was of a very odd consistency. I only ate the top crispy part.

DSC06019_zpsbaa196d4.jpg

DSC05360_zps571d3231.jpg

Hey! We sailed with you last week on the Allure! This is a great review and has brought back all of the fun. :) It was a wonderful week and I have enjoyed your pictures and review. I was happily reading along on your post when I saw some familiar faced in one of your pics. The female on the right-hand side in the aqua tank top and red backpack is me, the guy in red with his back to you is my husband (we got married on Sunday 11/04/12 in Dazzles before the ship sailed) and the guy in the blue hat is our good friend Chris (one of 20 friends and family that sailed with us for the week).

Thanks again!

-Becca

And bf had the strawberry cheesecake, he cleaned up the plate.

DSC06020_zpse64d6c1e.jpg

The service was great, our server was Pochara he was great, extremely professional and fast. He was also very friendly. Thank you for a great time.

After dinner we went up to the room and found this little guy trying to put on the rated R channel, good thing we go there just in time to stop him :D

DSC06021_zps34c9a2ff.jpg

No worries he went unpunished, we think he was just playing around with us.

Edited by gambee

That is so super funny LOL ... and embarrassingly something I would have done :o

So bad, I know, shame on me.

Hey! We sailed with you last week on the Allure! This is a great review and has brought back all of the fun. :) It was a wonderful week and I have enjoyed your pictures and review. I was happily reading along on your post when I saw some familiar faced in one of your pics. The female on the right-hand side in the aqua tank top and red backpack is me, the guy in red with his back to you is my husband (we got married on Sunday 11/04/12 in Dazzles before the ship sailed) and the guy in the blue hat is our good friend Chris (one of 20 friends and family that sailed with us for the week).

Thanks again!

-Becca

you're welcome. Yeah I remember you posting on the roll call, right? I knew there was a wedding on board I heard it from someone in the elevator. Congratulations, that is awesome. I hope you're not upset i posted that picture. Like I said, my fingers were glued to that shutter.

Thanks for your review, you are doing a fantastic job on a very detailed review with lots of great pictures!

I hate to jump ahead but I'm confused about the Allure new menu versus the menu posted from a Freedom sailing. I assume it's a LOCK that the Fisherman's plate is on the second formal night, Thursday on the Allure western. It would be handy if I could know some of the appetizers, other entrees and desserts on this night. There may be some sort of flip flop on Jasmin and Shiitake menus between the Freedom and Allure.

Thanks for any info.

Gambee,

Even though I've been on many Royal ships (but not Oasis/Allure), I am just obsessed with your review. I'm not sure what I enjoy the most..... yes the pictures are incredible and very impressive, but I think your references to your bf and his quirks are classic (you better hope he doesn't read cruise critic!) However, your comments about your mom are hilarious (i.e. you knowing in advance she will steal your drink!). You are an awesome son and to be so inclusive of your mother - all of this wrapped into a package of your hilarious and sarcastic storytelling abilities have made this, in my opinion, one of the best reviews EVER to grace Cruise Critic. I don't know what you do for a living, but you might want to try being a travel writer!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with all of us. I wish we could have some pictures of you, your bf, and your mom to put faces to the stories.

I'm going on the Independence in January out of FLL and will wave to you if you are still there watching the ships sail away on Saturdays....

p.s. time to join the ranks of seasoned cruisers and put a pair of sweatpants in the suitcase for when the waistband doesn't quite make it!

Donna

Hi to your mom, (since she's reading these). She did an awesome job on the flowrider photos! Go mom! Loving your review. I hate when it ends, I just want it to continue. This has to be one, if not the BEST reviews I've ever seen on cruise critic. You are doing an awesome job and covering a little of everything for everyone's tastes. THANK YOU!

Actually the prices are posted, here ill show you. It took me a little to get it.

Do you see the number 13.00 in the little round tab you use to flip the pages? thats the price. So I paid $13 for this :)

Gambee, thanks for the info. I didn't notice that.

HI MOM!

Great job on the flow rider pictures...

I won't laugh at the rest of the flow rider ummm issues but the suit pictures are hilarious... One should never cruise without at least one pair of "fat pants".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI MOM!!!

Great review and I love the bold print. My husband and I sail on her Feb 24 and we cant wait. On a side note, it sounds like u get a lot of migraines. Your headache medicine will actually produce headaches if you take it too often. If my patients have migraines more than 2-3 times a month. I have them keep a diary to see if weather, food, cheese, WINE etc is a trigger. I often start them on a little inderal (blood pressure med) it will help reset the headache clock. I keep them on it for a year and then I see if we can stop it. Usually that takes care of it. I dont know if your provider has tried these, if not it might be worth a discussion.

Becky

HI MOM!

Great job on the flow rider pictures...

I won't laugh at the rest of the flow rider ummm issues but the suit pictures are hilarious... One should never cruise without at least one pair of "fat pa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I laughed they were funny :))