Price Drop Refund

michigal333

If you are before final payment, simply call Carnival (or whomever you booked with) and notify them of the price drop. They will adjust your final invoice accordingly.

If you are past final payment, unless you are early saver, you will not be able to get OBC for the price drop. You might be able to upgrade if a cabin above your level drops enough, but that's about it.

...but my cabin category price is lower that what I paid (and I've made final payment). Does this mean I'm not eligible for a refund of the difference?

Yes, that's right. You can only receive price drops AFTER final payment if you booked ES.

You may be able to get an upgrade but no OBC.

...but my cabin category price is lower that what I paid (and I've made final payment). Does this mean I'm not eligible for a refund of the difference?

Lots of people pay off the cruise before the actual final payment date. Is this what you did?

If yes, then you could get OBC.

Thanks Sparky, but how do I go about requesting the OBC? When I called Carnival's 800 number, they just referred me to their website and I'm not finding any information there about it.

Did you book with a TA? If so call them and have then put in for your price drop.

If you booked online call them back and ask for someone who can answer your question and get your drop.

I have always had my TA do it, so have not had to fill out the form.

But someone in an earlier post to you, posted the link to the form.

I think that is only for those booked ES. On that I am not sure.

Also take a screen shot of the page you see the lower price

Klmorg gave the link in their post - I've quoted them so you can find it (it was just a few posts up - but to make it easier - here ya go)

That form is only for people who book Early Saver rate which this guest did not~ they will need to call in to get the price difference~

Also it could be refunded to you on your cc that you made the payment with~ do not assume that you will get obc~

michigal333 - If you're not booked Early Saver, but you are before your actual Final Payment Deadline date, you need to call your Booking Agent (TA if you booked TA, Carnival if you booked Carnival) and give them your cruise info and fares and ask for fare reduction.

Has to be same cruise, same exact Cabin Category as you are booked, and for same ## of passengers. When checking fares online, make sure you follow the pages thru to your exact Cabin Category and Booking (Past Guest, 55+, resident, military....) that you're eligible to book. As you're not Early Saver, you're generally not eligible to match fares that show "new booking only". sometimes the initial Fares pages show the lowesat cabin category (loke Cat 1A upper/lower for Inside) and the lowest fare type (that you might not be eligible for) and you have to proceed to identify your exact cabin and the fares you can actually select from.

ken

Archived