Art Studio on Silhouette

I read that some stuff is free, and some you have to pay for. I got the impression that it was more crafty stuff that was free, and maybe (hopefully) some painting classes? I would have liked seeing the glass blowing....I am curious about the Art Studio....

You might be confused with Oceania which has a dedicated artiist loft/space on the ship; and diaily classes, on Marina and Riveria.. for which there is no charge.

That is a significant reason I picked Oceania over all others.

On all other line I have NOT experienced this except Regent.

Neither Holland Ameirca or Celeb. has any dedicated deck space or program as far as I can see.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The studio space on the Silhouette is on the small side but they offer a number of classes. My wife did a couple of jewelry classes and I took a print making class. The instructors were good, pleasant & helpful. The class material was a little on the crafty side but I really enjoyed the class I took. It's not a reason to book a cruise but it's a nice plus. I recall that there tended to be a charge for the classes but it seemed nominal.

If you are into art, check out their art tours. Twice during our cruise, one on the resident artists led a tour & discussion that focused on some of the art on the ship. I didn't care for everything featured on the tour but it made for some interesting discussion and it was a good opportunity to be exposed to different points of view.

Steve

The art studio is very small and gets full very quickly. You need to get there early if you want a space. It is quite crafty, we wanted to do the "glass cufflink" class. Got there 5 mins before start time and it was full and had already started. Looked like they were cutting out printed paper to stick into a glass mould, not what we had expected and not sure I'd have paid for it if there had been space.

The studio space on the Silhouette is on the small side but they offer a number of classes. My wife did a couple of jewelry classes and I took a print making class. The instructors were good, pleasant & helpful. The class material was a little on the crafty side but I really enjoyed the class I took. It's not a reason to book a cruise but it's a nice plus. I recall that there tended to be a charge for the classes but it seemed nominal.

If you are into art, check out their art tours. Twice during our cruise, one on the resident artists led a tour & discussion that focused on some of the art on the ship. I didn't care for everything featured on the tour but it made for some interesting discussion and it was a good opportunity to be exposed to different points of view.

Steve

Didn't know about the art tours (knew you could do self guided tour with iPad). Hope this is an option on Reflection, the art work looks really interesting.

DH, who's an amateur watercolorist, was looking forward to attending a class in that medium on our last cruise. After talking with the instructors beforehand, he realized that the classes were geared more toward novices.

A friend on that sailing took his place for the class he'd registered, and really enjoyed it! She also took a jewelry making class.

Archived