Has anyone docked in Cairns and been tendered to shore?

Merijohn

We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas in April and I know we are being tendered to shore In Cairns. Does anyone know where the tender docks as I am trying to organise excursions and need to know the starting point?

Also does anyone know what time we are likely to clear the ship on disembarkation in Sydney as I have to book airline tickets and don't want to sit in the airport all day or book a flight too early. We dock at 6.30am.

We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas in April and I know we are being tendered to shore In Cairns. Does anyone know where the tender docks as I am trying to organise excursions and need to know the starting point?

Also does anyone know what time we are likely to clear the ship on disembarkation in Sydney as I have to book airline tickets and don't want to sit in the airport all day or book a flight too early. We dock at 6.30am.

I would post the Cairns question on the Australia/New Zealand Ports Of Call Board. We sailed with another cruise line earlier this year and were fortunate to dock there.

I would check with the cruise line about how early to book a flight. My recommendation would be noon but best to double check with the cruise line. You could also post this one on the RCI Cruise Line Board to see what others experienced.

Keith

We did the Radiance around Australia and New Zealand last February/March, but we didn't go to Cairns so can't answer that question. When we docked in Sydney, we were among the last off the ship at around 10:00am. If there's any way you can take an extra day, consider staying the night after the cruise. We had stayed 3 nights pre-cruise, but didn't want to have to worry about rushing to make the return flights, so booked 1 night at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney on George Street. It's a walk of about 3 blocks from the pier. We were too early to check in, but they let us leave our luggage while we walked around and they got us into our room right around noon. The hotel itself is nothing special, but the real attraction is the location and the roof top deck with a spectacular view of the city and harbor. We took our wine with us and watched the Radiance depart that evening on her next voyage - it made a great 'final photo' and was a wonderful way to end our trip.

Archived