What Are You Reading?

tuggers

I am reading the new Oprah choice A million little pieces it's about a mans year in rehab for addiction and when I finish that I will read My Antonia by Willa Cather. I am taking a transatlantic so I will have lots of time to read.

Just returned from 10 days on the Jewel of the Seas and when DH & I boarded, we were sure glad we'd brought plenty of our own books along. Although it's a beautiful new ship, I think the closet in our cabin was actually bigger than the ship's library! It's nothing more than a few shelves along one wall of the 8th floor centrum. The selection was so pitiful that passengers actually ADDED books instead of checking them out! But I did enjoy reading "Wicked" (prequel to "Wizard of Oz"), "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," and "Reading Lolita in Tehran." And thanks to all of you, I now have some good suggestions for our Thanksgiving cruise aboard the Zenith.

Hi Plumeria,

There is now a fifth book in the Clan of the Cave Bear Series- called The Shelters of Stone.
You might like to try the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon- I usually don't read romance novels, but these were terrific. Set in Scotland around the time of Bonnie Prince Charlie(before & after). - they also involve time travel. I got the set for Christmas last year and didn't come up for air for about a week.

[quote name='constantcruiser'] I did enjoy reading "Wicked" (prequel to "Wizard of Oz"), "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," and "Reading Lolita in Tehran." [/QUOTE]

Constant cruiser: I had no idea there was book "WICKED" --who is the author?
I love the music from the show---
I also enjoyed "TUESDAYS" and "5 PEOPLE"...have you read "DINNER WITH A PERFECT STRANGER"?

I am on vacation ths week, with nothing to do but rest and relax at home. My goal is to complete 2 books, "Our America," and "Dreams from My Father," which is the memoir of Barack Obama, U.S. senator from Illinois.

I am on vacation ths week, with nothing to do but rest and relax at home. My goal is to complete 2 books, "Our America," and "Dreams from My Father," which is the memoir of Barack Obama, U.S. senator from Illinois.

Archived