good tote bag?

sprint180

Check out ebags.com They have everything! The one I bought has a pocket on the back that allows it to slip over the handle of my rollaboard.

107617_10_1?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=95,1&hei=170&wid=170&align=0,1

Its a great size. I'm partial to Baggallini because they hold up so well, are moderately priced and have many styles. My number one criteria is the slip pocket for piggybacking. When I fly, the bag fits under the seat easily and holds everything I need for a long trip, including kindle and dvd player.

http://www.ebags.com/category/totes/b/baggallini?items=144

You do get what you pay for. A good brand like LeSportsac, Kipling, Baggalini, Tumi and others will cost you, but you'll have those bags forever with little to no wear and tear.

Sometimes you can pick them up at final discounters, like TJ Maxx, but you will not have the selection of a department store. I know Macy's will have LeSportsac on sale at times, as well as Kipling. Kipling seasonal colors always go on sale, rarely do their core colors (black, red, brown, navy) go on sale.

Ebags is a great place to look if you don't want to go in person, but be aware their prices are the same as retail in stores. If they have anything listed as "on sale", it will be the same in store, or the retailer will price match. I like to see the product in person, a picture just doesn't do it for me. I also like to keep my local stores in business, rather than a large warehouse.

I have a bag addiction so I have multiple kinds of tote bags - I love the ability to choose what I want for a specific purpose. I have loads of canvas boat bags from LL Bean (a couple I've had for 20+ years....) I have a LeSportsac and I love it but don't like to use it as a carryon for airplane travel - it's a little too lightweight for that and I have a bad habit of overloading so the straps aren't comfortable. I have a great Briggs & Riley tote (bought at SierraTrading Post) I use for business travel, but my favorite all purpose tote for leisure travel is the XL tote from Timbuk2 - bought it years ago on SierraTradingPost for super cheap and it hasn't worn at all despite the abuse I hurl on it. It fits under the seat in front of me so it's my "personal item". I have a lovely leather tote (no name, can't even remember where I bought it) from college that's my winter work tote. In the summer, I have a couple canvas or nylon totes I'll use for work, but I don't typically travel with those totes as they aren't zip-topped.

(I've bought all my lesportsac bags at the outlets in Vegas or Orlando, and got one at Nordstrom Rack)

Yeah, I love totes:D

Check out ebags.com They have everything! The one I bought has a pocket on the back that allows it to slip over the handle of my rollaboard.

Its a great size. I'm partial to Baggallini because they hold up so well, are moderately priced and have many styles. My number one criteria is the slip pocket for piggybacking. When I fly, the bag fits under the seat easily and holds everything I need for a long trip, including kindle and dvd player.

Thanks 5326jan for the link, I just ordered this bag in black for our upcoming cruise!

Guest maddycat
Anyone have a good tote bag or day bag that will work good in airports. I was looking at the Lesportsac deluxe everyday bag but it is soooo expensive.

I have this bag and I love it. I use it as my everyday purse. I've been using it for a few years now and it still looks new. I wash it in the machine, gentle cycle in cold water and hang it to dry. It's very roomy. It has loads of zippered compartments so everything is organized. It's extremely light weight. Macy's and Lord & Taylor sell Lesportsac. Both will put them on sale occasionally. I bought mine at Lord & Taylor on sale with a coupon. Check out their website.

Nice! This would make a great pool/beach bag once on the cruise too!

Okay, this thread is getting me in trouble. After I ordered the tote pictured above in black, I decided I needed it in navy/leaf green also. So then I had to order the roll aboard to match that. They just have so many great color combinations. I wish we had a luggage store close to home so I could actually deal with a local merchant as happy ks suggests, but we don't so I'm using ebags.

I just received my KYSS bag last week...the one with the integrated lock. It's HUGE, seems very sturdy, and I'll feel better walking away from my beach tote, knowing it's padlocked to a lounger leg or tree. :) I plan on using it on the airplane instead of my backpack.

I just received my Baggallini tote and carry on today and I love them, they're perfect! Love the navy/leaf green combo, probably will send the black one back, I don't think I need 2 totes.

I'm so glad that you like them! The navy/leaf green tote is my favorite! It's nice to have a travel ensemble that you love and are proud of! :)

I have a bag addiction so I have multiple kinds of tote bags -

Yeah, I love totes:D

I have an addiction as well. It doesn't help that I work a part time job in a luggage/travel store and have access and an employee discount. There's always something new and cute being delivered.

It doesn't help that I work a part time job in a luggage/travel store and have access and an employee discount.

Yeah, when I worked in a bookstore in college, I didn't bring home much money:o

I bought a new tote (and a new purse) in Paris in November:eek:

Archived