Copenhagen freeport terminal direction

I will be disembarking from HAL Rotterdam on July 26 at the Freeport cruise terminal in Copenhagen. I didnot find too much info on the port.

I will be staying 1 night in Copenhagen after the cruise. Does anyone know how I can get to central Copenhagen by public transport from Freeport terminal. Where about is the port in relation to downtown Copenhagen?

Thanks!

This is from the website http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/faq/ (there's great information about Copenhagen, check it out):

How do I get from the Freeport Terminal to the city center?

On foot: Walking from the Freeport to the city center takes about an hour, but it's a pleasant walk.

Shuttle: Shuttle buses are usually right outside the vessels. Contact your cruise line directly for information.

Taxi: Taxis will cost approximately DKK 100-150 (about $16-$25). Depending on the traffic, the trip will take about 10-15 minutes.

Jeanny

I will be disembarking from HAL Rotterdam on July 26 at the Freeport cruise terminal in Copenhagen. I didnot find too much info on the port.

I will be staying 1 night in Copenhagen after the cruise. Does anyone know how I can get to central Copenhagen by public transport from Freeport terminal. Where about is the port in relation to downtown Copenhagen?

Thanks!

Frihaven port is about a 10 min. walk to Nordhaven train station. Any train heading South will take you to Kobenhavn H, the Central station, your wait should be no more than 10 min. for a train. It's only about a 8-10 min ride from Nordnavn Station to the Central station. Also, you can take a taxi to the Station, or your hotel.

To Swdke,

Thanks for the reply. I assume Frihavn port is the same as the freeport. Is this correct?

I am only assuming Frihavn is the same as freeport. Frihavn is the Danish name. Fri meand free, "havn" means "harbor/port." So a direct translation is "free harbor/port," but means free port or free harbor.

Other Danish words with the word "havn," are Nyhavn which means "new harbor," and Kobenhavn, the Danish word for Copenhagen. Kobenhavn translates to "the buying harbor."

Copenhagen is a beautiful and wonderful city, but is not really that huge, and the same would apply to the ports. From what I've discovered, there are only two ports for cruise ships, Langelinie Pier or Freeport Terminal. But, in Danish, I believe the signs will say Frihavn.

Here is a site with some pictures of cruise ships at Copenhagen's cruise harbors. www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/(AllDocsByDocId)/8E3C5A1AC1357F76C1256D52003DF1FE?OpenDocument

If you are able to open this site, it will show a picture of the Grand Princess in front of a building stating "Kobenhavns Frihavn."

Have fun

Steve

Hi, Alert.

We just booked the same 7/14 Rotterdam cruise last week, although I had been in lurk/investigate mode about it for a couple of weeks. You are the first person I've found anywhere who's aboard!

I really like our itinerary--good length of time in each port, and based on my limited research thus far, it appears we berth at some of the most convenient port locations.

Speaking of which, in Copenhagen, this is what I've discovered so far:

Steve is absolutely on target, and to add to his helpful posts, here's the link to a fairly decent map I discovered on the Copenhagen Malmo Port site:

http://www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/(AllDocsByDocId)/B511D6376F6A31C580256A3F004F62CD?OpenDocument

(paste that link into browser address line)

When you check the "Cruise Calls" schedule on that site, you will see our shape is slated to arrive at Quay 254. The more you poke around, you will find a map for Freeport Terminal, select the option to show quays, and you will see our quay. It is also called Orient Pier, and upon disembarkation, there will be a typical pax terminal nearby with the usual facilities. Once you visualize this, you can go back to the main map I hyperlinked about to get the big picture.

As you can see, we will need to get to the Nordhavn station, and my only query is whether HAL or the port will provide shuttles as JeannyCT mentioned (thanks for the info, Jeanny!). I doubt taxi drivers will be happy to make the short ride, but I also doubt we'll want to make the walk with the assortment of luggage and extra bags we'll have picked up by the end of the cruise.

I am still early in my research, but had difficulty figuring out Copenhagen's public transport systems. This page seemed to help me the most:

http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/kob/kobnhavn2.htm

You can see we'll take the red S-tog line from Nordhavn to the 5th stop, Kobenhavn H.

Good to see you around, Alert! Happy research & planning. I started a Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=183389 Why don't you post just so it gets bumped...who knows, maybe there are others coming along?!

Hi Artemis,

I just booked this recently too so I am just starting to do some research. Did you find anything for St. Petersburg?

I am trying to find some info on these 2 ports: (Warnemunde), Germany and Stockholm (Nynashamn). Are we close to anything in the above 2 ports?

So much to find out yet so little time. It is nice to hear from someone in the same boat.

I am trying to find some info on these 2 ports: (Warnemunde), Germany and Stockholm (Nynashamn). Are we close to anything in the above 2 ports?

Warnemünde is part of Rostock; Schwerin and Wismar are pretty close. Go to http://www.rostock.de/Internet/stadtverwaltung/tourismus/default.htm for more information about Rostock and Warnemünde.

Jeanny

Hi JeannyCT and others,

Thanx for the cruise copenhagen link etc.. It has all the info I've been looking for in preparation for our arrival in copenhagen 07/03 to join the Star Princess 07/04

Regards

Sandgroper

• 2 weeks later...

I road the train up to Nordhavn station before the cruise to see how far it was from the Freeport (Frihavnen) terminal for Star Princess. I noticed there were only steps and they were too much for me to drag my large suitcase up plus it's not that short of a distance if you have multiple cases. Bus #26 does stop across the street from the security gate at the stop light outside the terminal. It runs down to the Amalienborg Palace area.

A taxi from the central station (Kobenhavn H) cost 118kr.

Suzi

Archived