Hilton FLL Airport?

Sunshine101

Ugh....just booked a pre-cruise hotel stay through Hotwire, which usually I have success with, but wound up with this hotel, which after reading Trip Advisor, sounds like a flippin dive! I wanted a half decent nice hotel for my hubbys surprise trip....my bad, I guess I shouldnt have used Hotwire.

Anyways, question is, has anyone off these boards stayed here at all? Any thoughts or feedback would be great, many thanks!

I don't think Hilton is putting too much into this hotel anymore as it will be demolished due to the runway expansion at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The new runway extension and upgrade will go right into the property that the hotel sits on.

I don't think Hilton is putting too much into this hotel anymore as it will be demolished due to the runway expansion at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The new runway extension and upgrade will go right into the property that the hotel sits on.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Do you know when that is slated to take place?

Interesting, I didn't know that. Do you know when that is slated to take place?

I was just in Ft. Lauderdale in October and work on the new runway has already started. The Hilton is still there and operating but for how much longer depends on the time frame for the construction to reach the west end of the airport.

Hi, I stayed there this past February before our Navigator of the Seas cruise and really liked the hotel. You will be fine! I was scared too, but the hotel was much better than the reviews stated, and the grounds are beautiful.

You can see my cruise review and pics at the below link, which includes pics of the Airport Hilton.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586308

Ugh....just booked a pre-cruise hotel stay through Hotwire, which usually I have success with, but wound up with this hotel, which after reading Trip Advisor, sounds like a flippin dive! I wanted a half decent nice hotel for my hubbys surprise trip....my bad, I guess I shouldnt have used Hotwire.

Anyways, question is, has anyone off these boards stayed here at all? Any thoughts or feedback would be great, many thanks!

I've stayed there - many times. I attended an annual conference held there every March for about 15 years. It was fine until about 6 years ago. There was a gradual though distinctive deterioration in service and upkeep over the next 2-3 years: painfully slow service in restaurant, half-cleaned rooms, rudeness & inefficiency at check-in, etc. The conference voted to go elsewhere (we now meet in Orlando).

Honestly I am kinda snobby when it comes to hotels. I would hardly call this hotel a dump, and I would certainly not want to stay here for a long vacation, but it's not a dump. It's clean and it's comfortable especially if you're only staying a night or two!

Archived