RedmondCruiser

Yonnie - I liked the Oosterdam and Ingrid did not --- go figure . The only thing that I did not like about the layout of the ship was a disjointed Lido - too many separate areas to get what you wanted and I did not like the Ocean bar, for the same reason - it was disjointed. My favorite ship will always be the Noordam, due to many good memories but in the current fleet I like the Zaandam.

The bracelet that bought Ingrid in Curacao had to be repaired. It arrives Fed X and before signing I noted that the package looked like it had been opened. Turns out it was empty. Some one stole it. Fed X can't find it and therefore the insurance will pay the jeweler. Now the good part is that the thought still counts but it did'nt cost me a dime. --- But don't feel bad for Ingrid she probably has more bobbels than Slinky -- though Grumpy will undoubtedly disagree.

We are seriously looking at the 33 day Veedam Panama Canal - Amazon trip but we have not decided yet. Hope to see you and Joe again soon.

Ron

Ron

So sorry for Ingrid. That was a beautiful bracelet.

Thank heavens for insurance and you opened the package right there in front of the Fed-X man when you noticed that the package looked as though it had been tampered with.

WOW - that sounds like a great cruise.

Enjoy.

KK - Before this incident with Fed X I really did'nt pay that much attention to the "Preferred Store Plan" from HAL. In this case, since the bracelet had to be repaired, it worked out well. Harvey, the shopping rep on the Volendam, took the piece back to the jeweler on the next cruise, so I'm glad we bought it from a preferred jeweler. --- In the past we have bought from Magnum Jewelers, who is not on HAL's list, and they have been excellent.

One last thought on the Oosterdam. They enforced the adult only pool rule, which was a big surprise to me since HAL has numberous rules and usually no enforcement.

Yonnie - IMy favorite ship will always be the Noordam, due to many good memories

We can relate... we miss her too! We thought the same things about the Vista class - the congestion in the Lido and the somewhat strange layout of the Ocean Bar - also we did not like having to traverse so many levels... we were on Navigation Deck and getting to the D/R was an exercise, (often times in futility, lol!).

The old Noordam was easy for us - we always took the stairs and we never got lost. I'd sail on her again in a heartbeat, no matter what anyone else thinks. :)

Archived