I may never get to sail Oceania!!!!

iv2go

We booked the maiden voyage last March and recieved a call from out TA that the ship would not be sailing on the date we had chosen. He gave us the new date and the iteninary. Unfortunately we had already done this cruise with Azamara the previous year so we moved our reservation. Now I recieved a call that the cruise we picked is in an oversale and they want us to change ships again. Of course they offered an upgrade but we really want to stay where we are at. We have been trying to sale on Oceania for over a year and a half but who knows if we will get the chance.

We booked the maiden voyage last March and recieved a call from out TA that the ship would not be sailing on the date we had chosen. He gave us the new date and the iteninary. Unfortunately we had already done this cruise with Azamara the previous year so we moved our reservation. Now I recieved a call that the cruise we picked is in an oversale and they want us to change ships again. Of course they offered an upgrade but we really want to stay where we are at. We have been trying to sale on Oceania for over a year and a half but who knows if we will get the chance.

You do not have to change sailings. The change of sailing offer that you received is on a voluntary basis only. The decision is up to you.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Ditto! We've received a number of these offers and only accepted one. They won't kick you off the ship if you refuse -- they'll just keep sweetening the offer until SOMEBODY accepts.

It doesn't have to be you unless you like the change.

Mura

Ditto! We've received a number of these offers and only accepted one. They won't kick you off the ship if you refuse -- they'll just keep sweetening the offer until SOMEBODY accepts.

It doesn't have to be you unless you like the change.

Mura

Quite Right, Mura, and sometimes those offers can be an AMAZING DEAL.

We were once offered 21 days on an R ship in Polynesia in exchange for our place on a ten day Riviera Sailing.

Stan (who enjoys a bargain, bless him) still gets jittery when I remind him of that one.

(BTW, we couldn't accept it, as we had too many friends on the original cruise!)

Right Jim. The one I was talking about that we accepted was the by now semi-famous upgrade from a PH on Regatta in Alaska for a Vista on Marina in the Med ... and the Med itinerary amazingly was one that for the most part was new to us. We had no problems accepting that switch.

And I would have LOVED to get your offer! That's never happened for us ... as I think about it, the offers we've gotten to switch cruises have pretty much been for European itineraries. And usually we aren't traveling with that many friends, but the May 2014 cruise does seem rather different since we already have a goodly number of CC friends collected.

Mura

Archived