Coach on the Allure...

slh182

Is the Coach store on the Allure any cheaper than a regular Coach store, or is it the same price? I'm going on the Allure next month and I want a Coach bag, but I don't want to pay $500 like I would at home.

Thanks.

Is the Coach store on the Allure any cheaper than a regular Coach store, or is it the same price? I'm going on the Allure next month and I want a Coach bag, but I don't want to pay $500 like I would at home.

Thanks.

No . It's not an outlet store. The only price variance will be that you will not pay taxes on board the ship. The main appeal (IMO) is that there may be styles only found on the Allure and not at the Coach Stores.

If you are interested in finding a deal on Coach Purse than you need to locate an Coach Outlet Store. The closest Outlet store to Ft. Launderdale in located in the Orland Prime Outlet Shopping Center in Orlando Fl.

There is also a Coach Factory Outlet store in Key West, but Allure is too big to port in that small town.

The Coach store on Allure is small by comparison to the Key West outlet and small compared to Coach stores in Wellington Mall and Boca Town Center. The Allure merchandise is nice, but landside stores have more choice.

I bought a Coach Bag on the Oasis. I had never seen one like it before or since, and it is still my favorite Coach bag. :D

That is because from what others have said the bags for sale on the Oasis and Allure Coach stores can't be found in any stores on land.

Thanks.

San Juan also has a Coach outlet store.

Coach doesn't discount their products. Even the "outlet" stores don't carry what the "real" Coach stores carry....the items in the "outlets" are specifically made for the outlets.

This is correct. But not everyone knows this.

Coach doesn't discount their products. Even the "outlet" stores don't carry what the "real" Coach stores carry....the items in the "outlets" are specifically made for the outlets.

Actually, it is a mix. Some are as you described and some are last year's styles or even the year's before. Leftovers. :)

Not true. As a big Coach collector, I can tell you that most outlets have a relatively small section of full price items that are discounted heavily. Just ask for the deletes section. Those are the only non factory items and are usually from the full price stores 4 months prior. They are often 50 % or more off. That is the best part of the outlet!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Coach store on the ship also has a "sale" one time during the week. We were on Oasis last week and they had a one hour sale with previous models heavily discounted. Just ask the clerk when their sale will be. Just get there early...there was a line and a lot of cruisers buying! I would recommend just picking up anything you want and decide if you want to buy it as you walk around the store. If you set it down it will not be there when you get back from browsing! LOL!

Yes, plenty of choices in the Straw Market!

Not any more. They have cracked down on the knock offs in Nassau. Now the only way to get them is on the "back streets" and I've heard of both sellers and buyers getting in trouble. I would stay away!

This is from brand culture dot com:

Today, most of the offerings found at factory stores are made specifically for sale at outlets, including 80% of Coach’s “factory” inventory. The more merchandise Coach makes specifically for the factory stores, the less regular merchandise it liquidates, leading to “significantly higher profitability.” The problem comes when people think they are dealing with a single near-luxury Coach brand.

Coach, however, deliberately encourages conflation between full price and factory. On a recent business trip, we had some time to kill before a flight and popped into the Coach factory store in Loveland, Colorado. Seeing what looked like a “real” Coach design, logo, tags, etc., we picked up a bag. Andrea Shaw Resnick, Coach’s Senior Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications acknowledges that the Coach factory stores sell different merchandise but with the same excellent Coach quality at an “affordable luxury price.” Well, maybe not. Two weeks or so after our bag was put into use the, “turnlock” fell off. Not a big deal, but certainly a defect that interfered with the essential function of closing the bag.

We trotted over a short hop from BrandCulture HQ to Coach’s Century City outpost where we encountered Brianna and explained the failure. Brianna knew at a glance that we had a “factory bag” and explained that we were in a “full price” store where such a bag “would never be sold.” To further amplify the point, she pointed out the Coach equivalent of the Scarlet Letter, a tell-tale “FS” in the serial number designating “factory style.” Accordingly, she would not be able to exchange the bag or issue a refund — even though we presented our original sales receipt. Brianna did say we could ship our factory bag to Jacksonville Florida (at our expense) where a team of experts would determine within 4 to 6 weeks whether or not the bag could be repaired.

Full price Coach never has mass-market sales (although it does sometimes mail out targeted offers to preferred customers). Factory Coach always has sales, sales and more % off sales!

Is there really any quality difference? I purchased several bags for my wife from the "factory coach outlet" when they have their 24hr sales. I would guess these are all made in the same factory in china or somewhere. Sorry to be nieve, just trying to spend money wisely.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2

Not any more. They have cracked down on the knock offs in Nassau. Now the only way to get them is on the "back streets" and I've heard of both sellers and buyers getting in trouble. I would stay away!

I would never buy or recommend fake products.

Most fakes are pretty obvious anyway.

On Oasis, there were a few bags that are sold exclusively in Europe and had a special tag on them. I wish Coach would design a bag exclusively for oasis and Allure. What a great souvenir. I understand that Dooney and Bourke has done that for another cruiseline but which one escapes me.

Thanks.

I don't know about Allure but when I was on the Oasis in September, I visited the Coach store. After comparing the prices on some of the bags there to the ones at the store at home in Chicago...no difference. I've been eyeballing The Coach Madison Wallet for a while, and the cost was the same on the ship as in the store. It's definitely not an outlet store. No bargains there, sorry.

Archived