discrepency in amount of cabin credit with es

we3k9

we had an early saver rate of $1996. and recently there was a past guest holiday promotion for $1796, why were we only credited $187.80 shouldnt we have got 200 dollars?

You would think so, but the port charges and taxes can go up and they deduct those as if you were booking new and then credit you the difference.

We put in for a $40 lower price and only received a $10.32 each. Oh well at least it was something.

Wiz

You would think so, but the port charges and taxes can go up and they deduct those as if you were booking new and then credit you the difference.

We put in for a $40 lower price and only received a $10.32 each. Oh well at least it was something.

Wiz

Possible that taxes or port fees went up just a bit.

Yep... happens frequently with ES...if port fees/taxes have gone up, they will adjust them at the tie you submit an ES price adjustment claim.

nope the taxes and port charges did not go up, they are still showing as 104.59, we have two bookings, one was not an early saver rate, we did it that way because the people in the non early saver booking were not sure they were really going and did not want to lose their deposit. anyway i just compared the two bookings and port charges and taxes are the same for both bookings. can i call carnival and ask why i was not credited the full $200

nope the taxes and port charges did not go up, they are still showing as 104.59, we have two bookings, one was not an early saver rate, we did it that way because the people in the non early saver booking were not sure they were really going and did not want to lose their deposit. anyway i just compared the two bookings and port charges and taxes are the same for both bookings. can i call carnival and ask why i was not credited the full $200

For your ES booking, you checked the "Govt Fees/Taxes" on your original Booking Confirmation against "Govt Fees/Taxes" from doing a mock booking for current rates??? 99% of the time this is the reason for the discrepancy (or Carnival thinks the taxes went up!). ken

i called and they said it was the taxes that went up. still happy we got the credit we got:)

don't be surprised to see a tax/port credit on your sign and sail when you finally cruise. I've had it happen on the last 3 cruises!

Archived