The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Midwest Chick: I'll do my best to explain why I prefer HAL over other cruise lines. First, let me say I am a 68-year old woman who cruises solo. Twenty-five years ago, I thought that Princess was the best of the mass market cruise lines. So, clearly my age influences my impressions.

I have sailed on Sitmar, RCI, Princess, Celebrity and HAL.

Here is why I prefer HAL:

*Service is best.

*Staff is always friendly, helpful, never condescending as happens at times on Celeb.

*There is an old-world elegance about HAL. You are always aware you are on an elegant ship.

*Important: The public rooms never feel crowded. You can always find a quiet place.

*HAL has the best library at sea.

*The sea view pool deck!

*The thermal spa and HydroPool

*The demographics: A good mix of forty, fifty, sixty and seventy-year olds, with 30-somethings and some families thrown in. I have found that the cruisers on HAL KNOW cruising and travel. They are experienced and make for great dining companions and conversations.

*Disembarkation - on Celebrity passengers are herded into a crowded public area to wait their turn. On HAL, you just get up from wherever you are and walk off the ship at your appointed time.

*Cabins are larger, more elegant.

I like feeling comfortable on a cruise. I like to relax and not be overly stimulated by activities and noise all around me. HAL provides that

I believe that Celebrity strives for modern chic in design, but to me the results are cold and harsh and sometimes cheap in appearance. HAL feels warmer, classier.

I could go on but that's enough for you to get an idea. I have been cruising regularly for 35-years. What I say here is my opinion only based on my experiences on many ships.

Others can and will have differing opinions and that is fine. I say do whatever works for YOU!

Happy Sails!

Edited by Chelly

To each their own but between Celebrity, Princess and HAL I would choose HAL last. I find their ships dark and don't like the fact that there is no upper deck space by the pool. I also find that HAL goes to sleep around 9:00. I'm not a big partier but don't mind a bit of entertainment and socializing after dinner.

Ultimately everyone has their favourites and if you go to each cruiselines board and ask the same question you'll generally get a different answer.

We were in 7118 on the Solstice (slightly different ship) and thought it was a decent room.

As far as the room itself, it was quiet with a small "ledge" below your balcony that really had no impact on your view.

It's a small hike to the Atrium area but other than that we'd book it again.

We were in 7118 on the Solstice (slightly different ship) and thought it was a decent room.

As far as the room itself, it was quiet with a small "ledge" below your balcony that really had no impact on your view.

It's a small hike to the Atrium area but other than that we'd book it again.

Thank you so much.....we don't mind the small hike....can eat more....LOL.

Was just worried about the view from the balcony....didn't want any obstructions. Appreciate your prompt reply.

Barbara

Thanks Fouremco. I was hoping that would be the answer. We've always had a 1B on Deck 9 (right in the middle of the part that juts out). This will be the first time in a 1A angled cabin. Any other thoughts about this cabin (9270)?

It's my #1 choice if booking a starboard cabin! Location, balcony size, view, etc. It's counterpart on the port side if seeking a port cabin. Enjoy!

6270 on the Silhouette (same location on the Reflection) is one of the worst options:

2jb7jfn.jpg

No. There are no extra cabins on deck 7 aft.

7319 on the Silhouette (same location on the Reflection):

11abqci.jpg

thanks to all for the relevant and accurate contribution

It is with a great sense of gratitude that I post on this incredibly informative, and exhausting, thread. Great thank you to all posters here, critical as well as positive. It is almost humbling to me that someone would take the time to post all this to strangers. With that, can anyone provide info on Cabin 7302, Equinox? Pics, info and any details. Thanks and kudos to our OP.

It is with a great sense of gratitude that I post on this incredibly informative, and exhausting, thread. Great thank you to all posters here, critical as well as positive. It is almost humbling to me that someone would take the time to post all this to strangers. With that, can anyone provide info on Cabin 7302, Equinox? Pics, info and any details. Thanks and kudos to our OP.

I agree. Many thanks to the OP.

We have changed our sailing to January 4 on Eclipse. We weren't able to keep the cabin we originally booked (9270) We are now in 9268 (1A). Can someone please comment on this cabin ? Thanks.

Comments on 9268 Eclipse please.

9268 is a very nice cabin. The size of the cabin will be like all other non-suite cabins, but the balcony will be about 2 times larger because you are on the angle of the hump!

That being said, if you can get 9270, or 9266 those balances will be even larger. Of couse the same can be said for the mirror image cabins on the port side angle!

I have stayed in 9270 and 9266, if you any question just ask...

BILL

Would you happen to have a picture of cabin 6220 on Silhouette? I have loved your review & your pictures are GREAT. Can't imagine how long this must have taken you to put this all together. Thanks for the wonderful post and any info on the cabin. :)

this thread is AMAZING! I have spent hours reading it and based on the information here I just spent $100 extra $$ on the second half of our B2B on the Silhouette to switch from cabin 1598 to cabin 1650 to avoid pool noise and (I hope) less of a overhang. I really hope that I did the right thing :eek: The overhang bothers me as I love the sun but 1650 was the best I could do. I never could find cabin 1249 our cabin for our first leg. Any reassurance out there :o