The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Cruisetrail' date=' thanks so much for this informative thread. In part 1, you critiqued the cabin sizes, and you are the FIRST person I've seen mentioning the cramped cabin layouts! I was wondering if anyone else on CC felt the same as I did when sailing on the Ecipse a year ago. Was beginning to think I was nuts to even think that way. Thank you for the honest assessment! We couldn't even access the whole closet the space was so close - about 8" away from the bed!! And those 'night stands'.... wondered why they even bothered, they were so useless. Just a pair of glasses and a glass of water fit on them. The book had to go on the floor. Again, thank you for all your work.

Would you have any information on 9192 on the forward hump?

Donna[/quote']

9192 is one of the best on this ship.

se16h3.jpg

6118 was the room I was looking at, actually I think that room should be green as you can look towards the back of ship without obstruction and you basically don't have a neighbor to that side. Question is why you made that one orange instead of green?

I've booked 6118 on the Solstice for my cruise in March and was also curious as to why it's been marked yellow/orange instead of green? Is it becasue part of the side is glass and so therefore others can see in?

9366 on the Solstice

xmpslh.jpg

Thanks for the picture! I had looked all over for a picture or opinion about this cabin and had not been able find out much. This certainly helps!

Thank you for all the work you have done on this thread!

Thanks for this superb thread.

My question: elevators bank next to the hump staterooms location: are they accessible at both ends with a sliding door isolating them at both ends? Or are they accessible only at one end, i-e; forward end.

In other words, is someone in last hump cabin equally close to elevators bank entrance as someone in the 1st hump cabin ? I know stairs are from the ''rear'' of the hump area.

Thanks for advice, whoever transmits it

Cheers

:)

Wonderful thread, wonderful pictures! Thank you so much.

Do you happen to have a picture looking down from one of the cabins on the hump? We have a hump cabin (2B) on Continental Deck and are wondering about the view. I understand there are no lifeboats blocking the view on Eclipse but what about the public area on deck 5? Is that deeper than the balconies above? From pictures it looks as if it is - will that block the view a lot?

I know the cabin is not as "great" as some of the others (being above Bistro on Five, being above a public deck, possible noise issues etc.), that's nothing I worry about.

Do you happen to have a picture looking down from one of the cabins on the hump? We have a hump cabin (2B) on Continental Deck and are wondering about the view. I understand there are no lifeboats blocking the view on Eclipse but what about the public area on deck 5? Is that deeper than the balconies above? From pictures it looks as if it is - will that block the view a lot?

Hi Piggeldy,

Check out "travelingirl"s review of the silhouette (new years, eastern caribbean), and she has a good picture looking down from her hump (normal size balcony) stateroom. Yes, the open deck 5 will block a couple feet of the view straight down.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1759825&page=2

ETA: link to page of review with picture, hopefully it works!

Edited by Cougsie

My question: elevators bank next to the hump staterooms location: are they accessible at both ends with a sliding door isolating them at both ends? Or are they accessible only at one end, i-e; forward end.

In other words, is someone in last hump cabin equally close to elevators bank entrance as someone in the 1st hump cabin ? I know stairs are from the ''rear'' of the hump area.

Cheers

Yes, elevators are accessible from aft and forward hallway entrances though I never saw doors.

Edited by need2bespoiled

Hi Piggeldy,

Check out "travelingirl"s review of the silhouette (new years, eastern caribbean), and she has a good picture looking down from her hump (normal size balcony) stateroom. Yes, the open deck 5 will block a couple feet of the view straight down.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1759825&page=2

ETA: link to page of review with picture, hopefully it works!

Link works - thank you so much!

I tried searching for a picture like that but couldn't find one.

Ah. For being mid-ships and as far down as possible and close to the elevators... that view is fine with me!

Edited by Piggeldy

Cruisetrail, I echo the many thanks for taking the time to help so many of us. I have previously cruised Celebrity on the Mercury and Constellation. This would be my first S-class cruise. We are looking into the Eclipse and would need an accessible cabin. Do you have any info on cabins 2130, 2132, 2134 or 2136 on Deck 12? Are they noisy, as the Oceanview Cafe is directly above? If so, any other suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks again!

I have really tried not to add to the many requests, but I cannot hold out any longer. What is your opinion of 6312, the aft sv on Eclipse? Do you have a picture? A view of the balcony from above maybe? Also, is this the largest one on deck 6?

Your thread has been so informative, thanks for putting so much time and effort into it.

Anne

Cheers

This is a pic of deck 8, aft of the hump on Solstice. We never saw these doors closed, bit there are hinges if you look closely. Perhaps they are emergency sliding doors?

8365492876_1f8b0cf32b_z.jpg

Cruisetrail, who would have thought your thread would be so useful after its controversial beginning? You have helped so many people with cabin choices.

I was wondering, is there anything we can give back to you? Are there any pics you would like; anything missing from your fantastic portfolio? Maybe some of us on here can help? :)

This thread is the best I've seen on the Celebrity ships.

We are booked in 1120 on Eclipse in 59 days and now I am really looking forward to this cabin.

We were in 1624 (Aqua) on Silhouette and loved it. No problems, great locations and our cabin steward (Manino) was terrific.

Thanks again for all this wonderful information and especially all those pictures:)

PatC

I've booked 6118 on the Solstice for my cruise in March and was also curious as to why it's been marked yellow/orange instead of green? Is it becasue part of the side is glass and so therefore others can see in?

Yes, it's not comletely private (same as 6121)

16t3ip.jpg

fkr86x.jpg