No more paper questionnaire on Costa Crociere

CostaSmurfette

On my cruise aboard Pacifica that ended yesterday, we were informed that the old style paper questionnaires that often caused huge embarrassment to the international hosts and hostesses due to having to push for the excellent marks have now been replaced by an online version.

The new version can be found on this link :

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Info/comment-form.htm

Each country's website should have a link in place by the end of December 2012. Alternatively you will be sent on via email after the cruise is over. Unlike the old paper questionnaires when you had to fill them in before disembarking, the online version has a 14 day expiration on them....and you can still win a cruise too, just as you always have.

I have just spent a fun-filled half hour trying to complete the on line evaluation. If everyone else has the same success I've had, Costa will be wondering why no one completes the form! I have been redirected to the page requesting name and booking number in an endless loop. Each time I am thanked for my response, and taken back to the page asking for name and booking number again. Oh well, I tried!

I have just spent a fun-filled half hour trying to complete the on line evaluation. If everyone else has the same success I've had, Costa will be wondering why no one completes the form! I have been redirected to the page requesting name and booking number in an endless loop. Each time I am thanked for my response, and taken back to the page asking for name and booking number again. Oh well, I tried!

This happened to us when we tried to do the online checkin pre-cruise. Apparantly they have a bug in their system.

Hence why I said in my initial post that all nationalities would have it installed onto their respective Costa websites by the end of December 2012....the UK has theirs and it works perfectly for us, but that does not mean that all websites will be bug free yet.

Costa Pacifica's 10 december cruise was the first departure across the fleet to enable the online questionnaire. It will take time to roll out fully....but you get 14 days to fill it out, so no real panic :)

I am a recent convert to Costa (we just completed our first Costa cruise and loved it) and I am not yet fully broken in. I have learnt that the Costa way of doing things is not always the same as other lines, but I keep being surprised when things don't work quite the way I expect, or even the way that Costa said they would! :p:)

I naively thought that when they sent me the link, I was good to go. I'm quite keen to give my feedback whilst everything is still fresh in my memory, but I will hold fire for a few days and then try again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would really like someone COSTA to tell the truth

Our British host said IF they receive anything other than excellent, then they do not get their bonus, and reduced gratuities

The cabin stewardess, wine waiter and waiter requested excellent but did not elaborate on the consequences

If the hosts statement was correct, Then I will always place excellent even if the cabin steward made a couple of mistakes

How would one find out for sure ? What the outcome would be if you just put GOOD

POOR may result in a training programme or even dismissal!

I find the waiters amazing, on last years cruise one waiter came across from the far tables and said Good evening SIR JOHN how are you and your wife

He last waited on us three years previously !

Though we did speak every night to him on that cruise and discussed he and his family back home in the Philipenes (though they must get that day and night every night)

Jack McH

• 1 month later...
Jack, ALL cruise lines do it, and I've been on quite a few. You're right, it turns the whole process into a farce, and it's probably the biggest single reason I have such a low opinion of cruise lines' management.

I don't like filling out those questionnaires either.I don't find them fair. You could have a very nice waiter etc. and then have a passenger who doesn't like his or her face and gives a low mark,poor waiter looses big time?:(:(

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the paper ones have not dies after all as I got one last night to complete on the Atlantica. No idea if they still do the pleading for the top marks as I skipped the disembarkation talk.

It's been a good cruise, however the only question that got the top Mark of excellent is for my cabin steward who is fantastic - a real ray of sunshine no matter what time of day or evening. One if the best I've had.

Archived