Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Good to see you are back online. Can't wait to hear more about the food, entertainment and the extra cleaning (noro), the other threads and posts thus far of other Aust sailings have been quite negative. I will be on Voyager in less than 2 weeks, your review will be the most recent and accurate info of the Voyager for me.

30j00v4.jpg

The adult-only Solarium, from Deck 12. Unfortunately, the Solarium isn't sheltered from the elements, unlike the Radiance class.

The Captain explained that the Voyager was designed for the Caribbean with sunshine all year round.

Hopefully, they will do something about this at the next dry dock.

30j00v4.jpg

The adult-only Solarium, from Deck 12. Unfortunately, the Solarium isn't sheltered from the elements, unlike the Radiance class.

The Captain explained that the Voyager was designed for the Caribbean with sunshine all year round.

Hopefully, they will do something about this at the next dry dock.

Glad I am on the Fremantle to Singapore cruise! This area will be very popular as it is. Possibly too hot for the hot tubs though:p

Den

Thanks! Many more pictures coming along the way.

What's your itinerary and are you cruising with your family?

Just my hubby(50) and myself (48)

18 nights from sydney, around New Zealand, Hobart, Adelaide and finishing in Freemantle.

:)

Just my hubby(50) and myself (48)

18 nights from sydney, around New Zealand, Hobart, Adelaide and finishing in Freemantle.

:)

Oh cool!

I assume you have cruised with other lines before?

Anyway, we are a family of four and our kids are 6 and 7. Thanks to Adventure Ocean, my wife and I can have more time to ourselves during a cruise.

For shore excursions, we usually do-it-ourselves, as you will see in the rest of the review. The ship organized shore excursions are generally good and they guarantee to wait for you to return, however the cost adds up with four.

Gosh you are quick off the mark - are you back in Singapore already?

Looks like another great review coming up.

Cheers

Di & Tony

Hi Di & Tony,

Yups, we are back in Singapore. Arrived yesterday evening just after 7pm local time. Already suffering from tremendous cruise withdrawal symptoms.

So envious that the both of you are getting on your next Royal Caribbean cruise so soon!!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Muster drill was at 5:30pm.

e7m1ok.jpg

f3f88h.jpg

It is not everyday that we can do a muster drill while admiring the beautiful Sydney Opera house in fine weather.

Later in the evening, there was a public announcement for all those who joined the ship after the muster drill to assemble at the Cleopatra's Needle for a briefing.

Day 1 - Dinner!

We took the main seating which was 6pm. Second seating was 8:30pm.

We had just been on the Voyager in June 2012 (Singapore to Shanghai). We had never been on a 14 nighter and we were most curious to see what the MDR menu would be like.

Overall, we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic, in our opinion.

2r2ojnn.jpg

9jgoar.jpg

r0s8r6.jpg

The menu was different for the 14 nights, though a couple of the more popular offerings were repeated. (e.g. Surf & Turf, certain beef dishes)

Gone were many of the Asian offerings which, in our opinion, wasn't great at all.

Hi Iluvcruising was your balcony as big as the JS you had last time on deck 7? Any more cabin photos?

Thanks for the great reviews!

I think the balcony was about the same size. However, the key difference is the view. Deck 10 is much higher and there is less obstruction from the super structure.

The internal cabin space on Deck 10 was definitely bigger though. I think the cabin was a bit longer and slightly wider.

We headed straight to the La Scala theatre for the welcome show after dinner.

Do remember that on Day 1, there is only 1 show, usually at 8pm. I noticed that the theatre wasn't full.

Overall, the entertainment on the cruise ship wasn't much to shout about, given that we are relatively experienced cruisers, other than the production shows by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers.

However, if you are first time cruiser, do try to catch as many shows as you can. Some of them are ok, some are very good, some are, oh well, a yawn.

qosgeh.jpg

Great thank you! We are in JS on deck 7 and are excited to see the balcony is a good size!

Looking forward to the rest of your review :)

I assume you are in the aft JS on Deck 7? If yes, don't worry, it is of a jolly good size.

Now, Royal Caribbean allows you to bring onboard 2 bottles of wine. You'll have a great time watching the ship's wake and sipping your wine in the balcony. It is an awesome, awesome feeling.

Edited by Iluvcruising2