meeting charactors on ships

sprint180

On the Allure of the Seas the appearances by the various 'characters' are all listed in the daily Compass. There are two types of appearances both which are indicated by the DreamWorks logo: 1)"DreamWorks Apprearance (Bring Your Own Camera)" means just that...the character listed will appear at the designated spot, you bring your own camera, and the photo staff will take a picture of you with your camera as well as one with theirs available later for purchase or 2)"DreamWorks Professional Group Photo Opportunity" which basically mean they and they ONLY will take the pictures available later for purchase and NO photography with your personal camera is permitted.

There are numerous opportunities every day for photo ops so make sure you are there ahead of time (say 10-15 minutes just in case) because the line can get long pretty quick to have your picture taken with them and sometimes they cut the line off so the characters can leave on schedule (they spend about 15-20 minutes at that site). There were plenty of adults in line as well as kids. I had my picture taken with several of the characters and it was a lot of fun!

They also had several instances where there were opportunities to have photos taken with the various Dreamworks characters in different locations on the ship. Time and locations of these opportunities were listed in the Cruise Compass. I believe that there were three character breakfasts rather than two. My wife and I attended the first one with the kids and grandkids and the grandkids and their parents attended the others. My almost-five year old thought that that Allure was, in her words, "INCREDIBLE":) One of the final shots in the Cruise in Review video is a close up of my five grandkids posing with the lion from Madagascar. Despite all of the appearances, it was still possible if you wished to enjoy the cruise without encountering the characters.

Can anyone tell me if you can meet the characters on the ships like you can on Disney. I would like to take my grandson on a cruise but didn't necessarily want Disney. He is a little1guy and would love to meet them. Thanks in advance

The opportunity to meet the characters was one of the reasons we chose the Liberty of the Seas last year. A great opportunity for the kids as half the price of a Disney cruise. They loved the parade and character breakfasts (2 on a 5 day cruise and 3 on our upcoming 7 day cruise on the Oasis). They did many meet and greets around the ship as others have already mentioned. They also were often outside the movie theatre showings if they were the Dreamworks movies. One of our best memories was the elevator opening and finding Gloria the hippo all alone inside the elevator. The kids had her all to themselves. How rare is it that you get a picture of your kids with a hippo riding an elevator?

Well color me confused....I didn't know RCI had any relationship with Dreamworks or characters. What ships are they on? How does one find out? (I am on Monarch of the Seas mid-March 2013).

They have a licensing agreement and partnership with Dreamworks.

http://ir.dreamworksanimation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=724946

This list from the Royal Caribbean website of which ships they are on:

Allure of the Seas® - The newest ship in Royal Caribbean's awe-inspiring Oasis® class is a captivating adventure unlike any other.

Oasis of the Seas® - Experience the ship that revolutionized cruising with its groundbreaking design, which introduced seven distinct neighborhoods built for ultimate enjoyment.

Freedom of the Seas® - Our newly renovated ship is a marvel of maritime engineering, packed with awesome innovations to stir your imagination.

Liberty of the Seas® - Our newly renovated ship is packed with all the phenomenal onboard experiences you'd expect from our innovative Freedom class of ships, plus new offerings to stir your imagination.

Voyager of the Seas® - This ship introduced many of the iconic features that Royal Caribbean guests still love today and has added the DreamWorks Experience to its innovative roster.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=dreamworks_main

Archived