Parking at the port of Galveston

golfntob

We booked ahead with one of the lots last time, and due to fog, the ships were late getting back into port - as a result, we had to sit on the street for over an hour waiting for a spot to open up in the lot we'd pre-paid with. There were 2 or 3 small lots with vacancies, with employees holding up signs that had the same pricing we'd paid. We will never pre-book in Galveston again.

January cruise I'm guessing? Thanks for the tip.

Yep. Jan 1 this year. And our cruise was delayed in returning to port by fog for five hours - when we finally got back to our car, there were hundreds of cars sitting all over the place waiting for their spots to open up.

We are booked at Lighthouse for our upcoming cruise. According to their website, they are about 6 blocks away, but run shuttles to the terminal and back. We also looked at the parking lot across from the terminal, but DH nixed that one, he didn't want to take a choice parking space that someone with mobility issues might need. We plan to drop our checked bags at the terminal, then go park and ride the shuttle back with just our carry on bag. Both parking lots have good reviews from past guests that have used them. Enjoy your cruise!

We will be sailing out on a Thursday for a 4 day cruise. Not staying overnight before or after. We've never sailed out of Galveston before.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice,

Tam

We always use Park n Cruise right across the street. My dh drops us off with all the luggage and goes and parks and walks right back. The best part is when you disembark everyone is standing there waiting for a shuttle and we just have to walk across the street. We are across the street and loaded up in the car in less than 10 minutes. We normally use the indoor parking.

we just used ezcruise. They have discounts as well for booking online and I know they had a holiday one and one for disney.

They did claim to close by 3 (but they called me to tell me. They were in a hurry for us to get there so they could all lock up and go home! We had till 330 to board and had planned on boarding at 3pm.)

They do have the shuttle, but expect you to tip, so it's not really included.

You can save yourself the tip and have someone drop off the luggage, then go drop off the car and walk to the ship. (well, I guess it depends which ship!) Next year, dh is dropping us/luggage off, then will park and walk the block back to us.

(*I'm tired of tipping for 'help'. We thought the shuttle was included in the parking, but there's a sign in the bus saying driver and someone don't share tips. I think they wanted us to tip the driver and the guy who loaded our bags? :eek: )

We booked ahead with one of the lots last time, and due to fog, the ships were late getting back into port - as a result, we had to sit on the street for over an hour waiting for a spot to open up in the lot we'd pre-paid with. There were 2 or 3 small lots with vacancies, with employees holding up signs that had the same pricing we'd paid. We will never pre-book in Galveston again.

I hadn't thought of that. We prebooked, for the first time ever, since we have a toddler and saved $5 prebooking;it was one less thing to worry about.

In the case of prebooking and there being a delay, I would go with an open lot and cancel the charge on my credit card for the lot that wasn't open.

I've only sailed out of Galveston and I use galvestonparkncruise dot com. They are awesome and if you book online you save $5.00 ( I believe) They are right across the street from the ship...easy to walk to! :)

We used them for both our cruises and loved them! We decided to carry our bags across the street on our last cruise as it was only four days and we only had two medium size roller bags. Got there at 11:30 and from parking to Lido deck was twenty minutes.

I used the Port of Galveston cruise parking. It's uncovered and honestly I didn't get to search around. Pre-paid is $40.00 for 4 day Carnival cruise. $45.00 day of.

I know it's a few blocks away, but they have shuttles to drop you back off at the terminal.

http://parking.destinationnext.com/default.aspx?id=3

• 2 weeks later...

We use the Park n Cruise just across the street from the ship and it was GREAT. We booked online and the day of the cruise we got there and parked about 10:30, just grabbed our stuff and walked over. After the cruise while people were milling around or waiting in traffic lines, we walked across the road, down the alley, got our car and were on the road out of town within 10 minutes.

We use the Park n Cruise just across the street from the ship and it was GREAT. We booked online and the day of the cruise we got there and parked about 10:30, just grabbed our stuff and walked over. After the cruise while people were milling around or waiting in traffic lines, we walked across the road, down the alley, got our car and were on the road out of town within 10 minutes.

Thank you! We just booked our spot with them.

I called Galveston Park and Cruise this morning hoping to reserve a spot for our Crown Princess cruise and she informed me that they won't take any Princess passengers due to the fact that they go out on Saturday and most of the others go out on Sunday. Therefore, they don't have spots available.

Just booked w parkncruise for our March 30th cruise. We used them last yr for our Magic cruise and loved the ease of walking to the terminal. I dropped off our luggage at the terminal and headed across the street to the lot. Parked and back at the terminal in a total of 10 mins. When we left we strolled thru self-debarkation and customs thanks to having passports and then walked across the street loaded our bags and were on the ferry all in about 20 mins.

Just booked w parkncruise for our March 30th cruise. We used them last yr for our Magic cruise and loved the ease of walking to the terminal. I dropped off our luggage at the terminal and headed across the street to the lot. Parked and back at the terminal in a total of 10 mins. When we left we strolled thru self-debarkation and customs thanks to having passports and then walked across the street loaded our bags and were on the ferry all in about 20 mins.

Thanks! I'm wondering since it'll just be my husband and I if there is any benefit to having him drop me off at the terminal. It will be between 1:30 and 2pm when we arrive so maybe I could go ahead and get luggage handed off to porters. Probably only 1 or 2 checked bags. Then could I go on into the terminal and get in line and wait for him? In NOLA we parked in the port parking and left our bags with the porters before we parked.

Thanks!

I don't see why you couldn't get in line and wait for your husband. As long as there is no line to park he should be back over to meet you in just a few minutes. I didn't do that on my last cruise because I was w my 9 yr old DD, but may do it for the upcoming cruise since I will be w my 19 yr old DS.

• 3 weeks later...

We used EZ Cruise parking for a cruise on the Mariner last week and it was very easy and convenient. We drove right into the lot at about 11:15 am, parked, loaded our luggage, and hopped on a shuttle bus to the terminal, all in about 10 mins. or less. They took us to the terminal in about 5 mins. where we unloaded our luggage and went in. At debarkation, we waited less than 5 mins. for a shuttle that took us right back to the lot. I would definitely use them again.

Archived