Tere Moana live

Emdee

Tere moana ceremony- was very touching. The ship has some french polynesia touches. I am updating my album as we go along so please see the drink menus for now. Hardly any changes except no premium vodka- grey goose or belevedere on the menu.

Other than the captain, cruise director and spa manager no other pg staff. They want this new staff to have their own identity.

If you have any questions I will be happy to ask while on board.

Miriam

Really enjoyed the christening.

Some speeches and then the breaking of the champagne. Fortunately it was successful.....but they had practiced in the afternoon. Cocktails in the Grand Salon followed dinner.

The Gala dinner was in L'Etoile a smaller but gorgeous version of the original.

Champagne was la grandedame VEuve Cliquot 1998 a real treat for us! It was the same champs used to christen the ship. Oh the good life......

Appetizer was a delicious mushroom bruschetta with a sherry Demi glacé . Lobster bisque was unusual but delish enlivened with cloves. Salad of mixed lettuce with smoked duck and foie gras had luxe ingredients but didn't meld well with the raspberry vinaigrette. Prime rib excellent cut and perfectly done. Dessert was a ricotta strudel a bit heavy but anything tastes better with la grande VEuve!!!

A perfect morning in Tortola.after the usual breakfast items we were off to the beach.

Suggest that breakfast gets a bit of pizazz with lambchops or a crab. Bennie.

No tenders and we were off to the dock in a zodiac. Held my breath for a minute but the staff captain drove us safe and sound.

For those who will be on Tere in the med no worries as there will be real tenders.

Cane garden bay was a lovely beach withnice water to wallow in. Not a patch on Motu mañana but this is not FP.

Lunch was the usual cruise ship offerings but very tasty better than PG. loved Arnold's service....another Arnold but certainly in the steps of the master....same warmth and smile. Miss you PG Arnold, Efren Elmo, Ernesto , Michael Reyes, Miki.... Hope to see you alli. Two weeks....so nostalgic as this isPG but not the PG.

TereMoana has to concentrate on one thing SERVICE....it's all about it... Food is food and liquor is quicker but good service is memorable and draws us back.

Signing off using free wifi from Pusser 'sBar in Sopers Hole, Tortola.

Miriam

Enjoying your photos...that gift looks nice, is it an engraved paperweight? I think the furnishings have a similar look and feel to the PG, lots of lux textures and element muted colors. I'd be curious to see your cabin. I'm a little concerned about the " yachty- ness" of the TM. Will it feel too claustrophobic? And I do love a balcony! Dad had a 25 foot sailboat for a while and I never felt comfortable. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Certainly, the advantage is tucking into tiny ports on a zodiac...that sounds wonderful to me!

Update from DD

Hotel DIrector Jacques advised that they now have Grey Goose and other goodies on board.

The painkillers at pussers are real good as good as Randy's......

today we are in Jost Van Dyke, a little wet, but as Emdee has posted having a great time. Dinners are taking a bit long, but staff is new and trying hard to make everything go well. we did run out of white wine last night, so I'm going ashore and buy a case of wine.

Food has been good, but service needs a lot of work. I will take over Emdees post starting on the 5th for the 14 day cruise.

Mike

Just back from breakfast. Many unhappy campers. Chardonay over. Grey Goose at $5 a shot. Desserts not up to expectations.

Had a lovely day in Tortola. Came back to lunch but all meal timings are exceptionally short. Breakfast from 7:30-9am, lunch from 12pm-1:30pm. Very difficult to make lunch because the ship in tendering everywhere so we lose half hour waiting for tenders (zodiacs).

Dinner service according to Michael was slow and it took them 3 hours to be served. Passenger cleared their own tables at dinner!!! Passengers had the same strudel two days running with no other dessert choices. (NO Ice cream on the menu, only special order).

We had dinner with Dick Bailey and an interesting time. I have asked him to include a celebrity chef on the repeaters cruise. He is committed to the PG (and Tere Moana!).

Jost Van Dyke- rainy morning but we will be off to the beach later. The ship kindly is having tenders late into the new year to allow passengers to attend the major new year's parties on shore including Foxys. We are looking forward to attending the event.

Just brought to our attention that some passengers find the zodiacs very difficult to use and feel forced to stay on board the ship for the duration of the cruise. This is not fair at all and people should have been told in advance of this arrangement. The caribbean is not the Galapagos and I am sure that tenders could be available for hire.

Also, we returned yesterday on Ana's tender. She assured me that she had a Ukrainian boating license but nevertheless semi-flooded the engine as well had difficulty docking. After a couple of tries the bosun took charged and docked us safely.

More later, Miriam

Sounds like some glitches which should have been worked out prior to the cruise. Not wanting to throw fuel on the fire but I would appreciate your asking the "powers to be" why the PG website has not had access to accounts for what is now going on 2 years. I am shocked that a cruise line can't fix their internet system.

Thanks

Very surprised that they are not using a lifeboat as a tender. We have sailed many times in the Caribbean and have never seen any local tenders, so there may be no way to remedy that situation.

Foxy's should be really fun tonight, though it will be packed, go early and plan on staying very late.

Very surprised that they are not using a lifeboat as a tender. We have sailed many times in the Caribbean and have never seen any local tenders, so there may be no way to remedy that situation.

Foxy's should be really fun tonight, though it will be packed, go early and plan on staying very late.

We, Emdee and all are going to Foxy's at 10:30. the star clipper is in and using a normal tender. Today Lunch service has improved and food is very good. lots of work still needed and very short food service. Tryed to get a cheese bugr, but sorry no can do!!.

the staff is working hard to correct the lack of service but like Emdee has noted still a long way to go. As I have 21 days of saling, I'm sure they will have it down pat by the end.

Hope we get back from Foxy's. Also just checked and no room service and no one to answer the phone???.

But, it's fun and we are in the sun and at FOXY'S what more can we ask for..

mike :)

WOW News Year Eve at Foxy's what a rush. the staff is becoming a Team and realy working overtime and hard to make everything right. it's a blast watching them starting to know each other, and us. If you can get a cabin do book the TM and I mean you need to do it now as I understand it's selling out fast. I feel very lucky to be albe to sale on her for the 21 days.

For everyone coming on next week, you will see a team working hard to make your cruise the best, but give them sometime as they are not the staff on the PG and we need to give them time to get to know the ship and us. Dinner last night was great and like I posted, you can see them starting to get it.

today off to the beach.

Mike Yarman.. :)

Stop press

Mutiny canceled.

Service improved.

Many more smiles on passengers and staff. Premium charge on grey goose deleted.

Spectacular New years eve dinner.

We were very excited to visit jost van dyke. New years eve on jost van dkye is very interesting. A thousand or more yachts and other boats come here from all over the Caribbean. Whites bay with lovely blue water had a festive party atmosphere. The painkillers were also fabulous.

Another wonderful lunch back on board. I really believe the lunches on board the Tere moana rank above Regent, Oceania, azamara and Paul gauguin. It isn't that there isn't more dishes but each dish is well prepared and extremely tasty.

New years eve dinner was exquisite. A 10 course dinning marathon with each course highlighting a particular spice. Of course included lobster, filet, foie gras, etc. Plating was also spectacular.

I want to particularly mention how hard the staff worked on new years eve. As well as the capable direction of hotel director jacques. Getting the staff to meld together has been a tough job but he is well on his way to accomplishing it.

I am usually a sedate middle aged woman but foxy's at jostling on new years eve is once in a lifetime. And captain zupan made it happen ferrying passengers there and back until 2am or later. The event was like a huge Caribbean style street party full of fun, food, dancing and even making out. A tremendous surge of energy that gave us all a high. A night to remember.

Am using the ship's computers will update pics when within a wifi zone.

Miriam

Stop press

Mutiny canceled.

Service improved.

Many more smiles on passengers and staff. Premium charge on grey goose deleted.

Spectacular New years eve dinner.

We were very excited to visit jost van dyke. New years eve on jost van dkye is very interesting. A thousand or more yachts and other boats come here from all over the Caribbean. Whites bay with lovely blue water had a festive party atmosphere. The painkillers were also fabulous.

Another wonderful lunch back on board. I really believe the lunches on board the Tere moana rank above Regent, Oceania, azamara and Paul gauguin. It isn't that there isn't more dishes but each dish is well prepared and extremely tasty.

New years eve dinner was exquisite. A 10 course dinning marathon with each course highlighting a particular spice. Of course included lobster, filet, foie gras, etc. Plating was also spectacular.

I want to particularly mention how hard the staff worked on new years eve. As well as the capable direction of hotel director jacques. Getting the staff to meld together has been a tough job but he is well on his way to accomplishing it.

WOW o WOW, I agree that the linches, food as a hole rank above Regent and the PG. Our staff has melded together in no part thanks to the GREAT work of Hotel Director Jacques.

New Years eve dinner was as quoted "Exquisite", a lot of work ot pull this off and they did it, and did it right!!!!.

I you have not booked the TM, do it now, as soon as the word gets out and what they have in way of one of the best small ships sailing, you may miss out.

Can't wait for tonights dinner :)

Mike

Archived