Kids in seperate room question

clrute

We have two rooms booked for our cruise. One for my husband and I. The second room will have my son and his friend. The rooms are next door and are not connecting. We had to book 1 adult and 1 kid in each room. How will the sale and sign , room keys work. Does anyone have any advise. (the kids are 17 and 18

We've done this a couple of times -- booking DH with the some kids, then me with some. When you get on board, go to Guest Services and get extra keys. It won't have your name on it, just Mr. Room Key or something like that. You will use your original S&S to charge, etc.

My brother, SIL, niece and two of her friends got off the Magic last Sunday. They had two adjoining balcony cabins and the three girls (all 16 years old) were in one cabin and my bro/SIL in the other. Better for bro/SIL--Yes, but uhm, ah.....well not so for the kids...

My niece is good, she KNOWS to not break the rules. She obeyed the curfew given to them. The two girls (both friends) were little devils in disguise. Three nights in a row they were back at the appointed time, and as soon as my niece was sound asleep they got dressed and went back out again when they were told the ground rules and were told to listen to my bro/SIL during the cruise....My brother caught them on the fourth night and after that they were watched like hawks....

Perhaps your kids won't be rule breakers, but I bet this is a common story for many who bring their kids and leave them in a cabin to themselves. Only the parents don't know about it or catch it until the cruise is over or hear it from their friends....

Even though my daughter and her friend were only 2 doors down from us we still had to book as if I was in their room. Upon embarkation we went to Guest Services and they said they couldn't switch my sail and sign card over because the girls weren't allowed to be in the room technically alone (even thought they were both 15 and only 2 doors down). They did however give me an extra room key to my husbands room (the room I wanted to switch to) and 2 extra room keys to the girls' room and said I could "choose what do do with them". ;) It was a bit annoying though to have to carry around both my S&S card and a room key the entire week, but hey, I lived with it.

WHEN you go to counter to get your sail n sign cards,just tell the girl or guy,who you want in what room,and have credit card on you and wife room cards(sail n sign),if you want you can set an amount on kids cards,for them to buy things???,can be any amount,when that runs out you go to front desk to add more if you want:p;)

You didn't even have to book the kids in with an adult - as long as they are within a few cabins they can be booked in on their own from the get go. Our kids were 16 and 13 the first time we did it.

This is true for the most part but they have to be "YOUR" kids.

While some CCL booking agents book the kids in a room without the parents even when not all of the kids are not theirs but most times they won't let you book that way.

We had connecting cabins and tried 3 different times to book my son and his girlfriend in one cabin and us in the other and all 3 times they said no.

Bill

While some CCL booking agents book the kids in a room without the parents even when not all of the kids are not theirs but most times they won't let you book that way.

We had connecting cabins and tried 3 different times to book my son and his girlfriend in one cabin and us in the other and all 3 times they said no.

Bill

That may be so (our kids) - we had been on a few cruises all booked through the same PVP so he knew that they would be in their own cabin and saved us from having to go to guest services.

If its your own kids and they are over 12 they do not need to be in the same cabin as the parents. She OP has a friend of the kids going then yes someone over 25 has to be in the cabin.

See https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/minor.html

Guest Policy

Quick Reference Guidelines

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own.

Guests under the age of 21 must travel with their “Parent”. A Parent can include Grandparents as well as a Court-Appointed Legal Guardian.

Ages 12 and under

Must travel in the same stateroom with a “Parent” (as listed above). If insisting on traveling in separate staterooms, minors must be directly across the hall or side-by-side to “Parents” stateroom. Document this exception: “Guest reqs separate staterooms”.

If traveling in separate staterooms, stateroom assignment required – TBA staterooms not permitted.

If traveling in a balcony stateroom, minors must be in the same stateroom with a “Parent” (as listed above).

Ages 13 – 17

Must travel with a “Parent” (as listed above) in the same stateroom or separated by up to 3 staterooms down/across the hall.

If traveling in separate staterooms, stateroom assignment required – TBA staterooms not permitted.

For ages 13 and under, if traveling in a balcony stateroom, must be in the same stateroom with a “Parent” (as listed above).

Ages 18 – 20

May travel in separate stateroom from the “Parent” (as listed above) beyond the 3 staterooms down/across the hall and including separate decks in cases where spoilage must be avoided. Always make every effort to assign nearby.

Ages 20 and under and NOT traveling with a “Parent” (as listed above)

Must travel in the same stateroom with an adult 25 years of age or older.

Group Bookings

If group consists of 8 or more staterooms under this condition, guests in those staterooms must pre-pay gratuites and those minors must pre-pay $100 damage deposit.

Exceptions to our Minor Guest Guidelines

Legally married couple less than 21 years of age

Same-Gender Union couple less than 21 years of age

Qualified Military Personnel

Bill

nope not true, We've taken 4 grandkids,all 16 at time of sailing..they had their own room 2 doors down from us...booked that way didn't have to switch...taking 2 more in October they will be 15 &16.This time room is across the hall..still didn't have to book an adult in each room.

nope not true, We've taken 4 grandkids,all 16 at time of sailing..they had their own room 2 doors down from us...booked that way didn't have to switch...taking 2 more in October they will be 15 &16.This time room is across the hall..still didn't have to book an adult in each room.

OK let me clarify for the nit pickers.

You cannot book the kids in their own cabin if they are not your "family members". :rolleyes:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

Minors must be booked in the same stateroom as the Parents/Grandparents.

Do not suggest to the caller that they can switch staterooms once on board.

If the Parents/Grandparents insist on being booked with the minors in separate staterooms, the booking must be documented with the following: "parents #_____”. Note: If booked in separate staterooms, the minors must either be directly across the hall or the stateroom next door.

Minors may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

Minors are not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents.

We should make every effort to assign staterooms nearby.

Guests Under the Age of 21 NOT Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

The minor must travel with a guardian 25 years of age or older in the same stateroom.

Bill

See my post above with Carnivals reference sheet. Since you are the grandparent that counts as a parent.

"Guests under the age of 21 must travel with their “Parent”. A Parent can include Grandparents as well as a Court-Appointed Legal Guardian"

OP is not the parent- grand parent or court appointed guardian of the friend that is coming with them. Thus the need for an adult in each room.

See my post above with Carnivals reference sheet. Since you are the grandparent that counts as a parent.

"Guests under the age of 21 must travel with their “Parent”. A Parent can include Grandparents as well as a Court-Appointed Legal Guardian"

OP is not the parent- grand parent or court appointed guardian of the friend that is coming with them. Thus the need for an adult in each room.

thank you!

Maybe if enough people say it, it will be true.:)

Bill

Got back this month from a cruise on the Pride. Husband and I, our 12 yo daughter, 18 yo son and his 16 yo friend. Had to book dh in boy's room, and son in ours. As soon as we got on board we just went to the guest services and said we needed to switch people around. They issued new s&s cards for son and husband. No problem.

We just got off the Miracle a couple weeks ago. We booked my husband and myself in one room and our two teenagers 14 and 16 along with two friends in the room next to us. They were both balcony rooms. We were told we could book the room with just them since they were over a certain age....maybe 12 or 13. Not sure why we were able to do it since 2 of the teenagers were not ours.

We just got off the Miracle a couple weeks ago. We booked my husband and myself in one room and our two teenagers 14 and 16 along with two friends in the room next to us. They were both balcony rooms. We were told we could book the room with just them since they were over a certain age....maybe 12 or 13. Not sure why we were able to do it since 2 of the teenagers were not ours.

Like i said earlier in this thread some bookings do get through like yours but for the most part they dont.

There is really no consistency to any of CCLs policies

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived