"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Hey Radio,

I love your contributions here on CC. Your reviews and trip reports is second best to being on board a ship. I'm going on my second cruise in two months time from New Orleans-Rome.

BTW How do you like the new menus? Did they take the charge from the Chop's Fillet Mignon for the MDR and replace it with the lobster as I read somewhere?

Thanks again for your scrumptious review.

Hey Radio,

I love your contributions here on CC. Your reviews and trip reports is second best to being on board a ship. I'm going on my second cruise in two months time from New Orleans-Rome.

BTW How do you like the new menus? Did they take the charge from the Chop's Fillet Mignon for the MDR and replace it with the lobster as I read somewhere?

Thanks again for your scrumptious review.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . The MDR menu includes several items from Chops. You can still get steak and lobster for no charge in My Fair Lady DR, but they offer premium cuts of steak there also (as well as Lobster)

I went to Chops twice and enjoyed it, but never ordered the Chops selections from the MDR Menu. . .

Here are the MDR Chops selections:

Maine Lobster (1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs $29.95)

Surf and Turf (Maine Lobster and 10oz Chops Filet $37.50)

Chops Grilled Filet (10oz filet $14.95)

Radio

;);)

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking of doing a Carribean 4 day in October aboard this ship, could you tell me we have 3 children in their 20s and a 11yr old, would their be lots of that age onboard and would they enjoy the entertainment, we have to choose between this ship and the Allure. Hope somebody can help!

We are thinking of doing a Carribean 4 day in October aboard this ship, could you tell me we have 3 children in their 20s and a 11yr old, would their be lots of that age onboard and would they enjoy the entertainment, we have to choose between this ship and the Allure. Hope somebody can help!

Actually, Enchantment is moving to Florida, and will be doing alternating 3 and 4 night cruises to the Bahamas. No stops in the Caribbean. Now having said that, one should be a nice beach day and the other, a stop in Nassau.

In October, there will be relatively few 11 year olds on board because of school. 20-somethings, hit or miss. It's not a traditional vacation time for that age, many younger 20s are in college, and older 20s are working, but I suspect there will be a few more 20s than 11s.

The Allure will have a lot "more" of just about everything. I'm sure both will be very enjoyable cruises.

Theron

WOW WOW WOW amazing review! I couldn't stop reading this thread, my boss will send you a bill! haha

any chance you have sailed on Allure? we just booked another cruise in October on that ship. Almost a month away from our first time sailing on Enchantment

HERE is a link to Radio's LIVE from Allure back in 2011!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi Radio,

I was on your website, trying to find your next "live" report, I read your most

recent post from January, but couldn't remember when you were sailing again.

Would you be able to post on your website maybe your next

cruise and "live" report? It gives me something to look forward to!

thanks, happy sailing :)

Kate

Hi Radio,

I have enjoyed reading your reports over the past several years. My family and I are driving to Baltimore in May for two back to back 7 day cruises on the Grandeur of the Seas. I know you have sailed out of Baltimore numerous times and I was wondering if you have ever done back to back cruises from that port. My question is does the Port of Baltimore allow you to pay for both weeks parking when you first arrive or do you have to disembark to pay for the second week? Thanks in advance if you have any such knowledge and please keep the onboard reports coming as they are quite enjoyable.

Bob Wilson

Hi Radio,

Did you get a chance to get pictures of any other cabins besides the panoramic ocean view ones on deck 7 and 8? Looking at ocean view on deck 3 and wondering if any of them were updated?

Thanks!

Not sure if what you're looking for is here, but he has a ton of pictures of cabins on his photo albums that I've looked at for my upcoming Enchantment cruise: http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/enchantment-of-the--7/cabins/

• 4 weeks later...
Here is one of the NEW Cabins on Deck 8 Starboard.

Radio

Here is one of the Panoramic Ocean View Cabins on Deck 8

8602B.JPG

Large windows for nice viewing

8602D.JPG

Desk Area

8602E.JPG

The new showers have the foot bar

8602G.JPG

Standard shower fixtures in the new cabins

8602H.JPG

New Heat / AC controls on the wall.

8602J.JPG

Thank you for the photos!

• 2 months later...

Radio,

I have just discovered this thread now and was so excited to see all the photos and read your comments on your January cruise on Enchantment.

I will be on my first cruise in Feb/2014 on this same ship and enjoyed so much reading about your experiences.

If you do not mind answering a question for me. I am embarrased to say but do not know my way around a cruise ship at all so was wondering if you could perhaps tell me if my reserved stateroom D1 ( 7072 ) is on the port or starboard side . Also is it considered aft or forward or middle.

I have included a beautiful photo that you took at night and if you could point out to me where you think appox. this cabin would be located in the photo , I would appreciate it.

Your photography is breathtaking. You are very talented.

Thanks again

976227610_ENCHANTMENTATNIGHT.jpg.9312dcdea457402847432839a21095db.jpg

Radio,

I have just discovered this thread now and was so excited to see all the photos and read your comments on your January cruise on Enchantment.

I will be on my first cruise in Feb/2014 on this same ship and enjoyed so much reading about your experiences.

If you do not mind answering a question for me. I am embarrased to say but do not know my way around a cruise ship at all so was wondering if you could perhaps tell me if my reserved stateroom D1 ( 7072 ) is on the port or starboard side . Also is it considered aft or forward or middle.

I have included a beautiful photo that you took at night and if you could point out to me where you think appox. this cabin would be located in the photo , I would appreciate it.

Your photography is breathtaking. You are very talented.

Thanks again

Since Radio is on the 1 night cruise to nowhere, I'll answer. Suggest you check out the Enchantment Deck Plans on the RCCL site. Change the deck shown to 7 and you can find your cabin. You're on the port side, right about the middle of the ship.

Hope that's helpful!

Theron

Thank you Theron. I did not realize you could see the cabin.

Glad to help. Some people spend hours studying those deck plans... and know their way around the ship before they ever set foot aboard! :)

Theron

One more question if I may,

I for some reason thought that I was on the starboard side, now that you confirmed that I am on port do you think it matters enough for me to change rooms.

Looking at the plans I would not be able to still get a connecting room if I change but would have to be seperated from our family by a few cabins or do you think that the port side is fine.

My only concern is that I always here that the starboard is better for seeing the port or for sailaway. But I have no idea.:)

One more question if I may,

I for some reason thought that I was on the starboard side, now that you confirmed that I am on port do you think it matters enough for me to change rooms.

Looking at the plans I would not be able to still get a connecting room if I change but would have to be seperated from our family by a few cabins or do you think that the port side is fine.

My only concern is that I always here that the starboard is better for seeing the port or for sailaway. But I have no idea.:)

I am not sure about your concern for the side of the ship. The ship can dock to either side depending on the Captains, Port Managers, and cruise lines decision at each port. This can vary as well. We have been on the same ship at the same port on different occasions and docked both to port and starboard. Stay with your connecting cabin as you may have difficulty getting one on the other side.

Archived