New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I am booking the Silhouette October 19 using this promo.

My TA told me I could use the Celebrity Passage to reduce the deposit but not the OBC.

So, no point using the Passage.

Apparently, this promo is not available for all cabin categories.

Its available for C3 and the lowest balcony category......It was not available to AQ category.

I am not sure if other categories are available with other TAs.

The promo can be combined with TA OBC.

We are booking a C3 and the rate my TA got us was $1000, less then the published fare.

We choose the drink packages and the $300 OBC.

Our TA gives us another $250, plus we receive $100 from Celebrity because of a complaint...

For us its a good deal :-)

Edited by I-Cruiser

Lars........were you able to get both the drink package and the OBC through the cruiseline? I thought you would only get one of the three.

Carol

Remember us? We were on the October 11, 2012 sailing with you. We booked the October 31 sailing with daughter and sil. It was such a good itinerary that we decided to do it again.

Lars........were you able to get both the drink package and the OBC through the cruiseline? I thought you would only get one of the three.

Carol

Remember us? We were on the October 11, 2012 sailing with you. We booked the October 31 sailing with daughter and sil. It was such a good itinerary that we decided to do it again.

Europe sailings can pick 2

Carol

Hi Carol:)

Of course I remember you. I hope you are both doing good.

It was an excellent cruise:) Wonderful itinerary and people.

I cant believe we were over 200 on our roll call.

Yes, for European cruises you can choose 2 out of 3 amenities.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Hi Carol:)

Of course I remember you. I hope you are both doing good.

It was an excellent cruise:) Wonderful itinerary and people.

I cant believe we were over 200 on our roll call.

Yes, for European cruises you can choose 2 out of 3 amenities.

Celebrity must have been giving out the package before tomorrow because we booked on New Year's Eve and got two of the three and a great discount on a balcony stateroom through our TA.

Carol

FYI, we called Celebrity this morning about a different topic but asked if an OBC and the new offer could be combined and the answer was NO....which I think some have already discovered.

So, looking at the offer for the classic package, it normally costs $44 per day, or $308 per person for the cruise.

If I understand it, the classic package can be upgraded for $11.50 per day, per person....

So, you could take the free offer of two classic packages and get the premium package for an additional $11.50 per day, or $80.50. So, you could get the Premium Alcohol package for $161 for two people for a 7 day cruise?!?

Or, am I just way off on my math or my understanding of this offer? (both are QUITE possible!). :rolleyes:

Does anyone know it the European cruises (in which you can choose 2 out of 3 amenities) would include transatlantic cruises? :confused: Thanks in advance! Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry, but the answer will almost certainly be no, as European sailings & Transatlantics are 2 different types of itineraries.

Edited by Host Andy

FYI, we called Celebrity this morning about a different topic but asked if an OBC and the new offer could be combined and the answer was NO....which I think some have already discovered.

So, looking at the offer for the classic package, it normally costs $44 per day, or $308 per person for the cruise.

If I understand it, the classic package can be upgraded for $11.50 per day, per person....

So, you could take the free offer of two classic packages and get the premium package for an additional $11.50 per day, or $80.50. So, you could get the Premium Alcohol package for $161 for two people for a 7 day cruise?!?

Or, am I just way off on my math or my understanding of this offer? (both are QUITE possible!). :rolleyes:

Hi Georgia Peach,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I highly doubt most items will be combinable. I'm not saying it with certainty for every single item, but the fine print certainly leads me in that direction. An exception might be a TA OBC, presuming the entire OBC is coming out of their pocket. If not, then I suspect that wont be combinable either.

Regarding your calculations for the premium package upgrade... for a 7 day sailing ($11.50 x 2 = 80.50 pp), your math seems right. I hope it works out favorably. Please let us know. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Wondering if it would be acceptable for this promotion if I put a cabin of my choice & sailing on a 24 hour hold....and then confirmed tomorrow using the promotion? I am getting close to making a final selection....and do have cabin preferences. ;)

Is that unfair to others??? :eek: (or just proactive):rolleyes:

Wondering if it would be acceptable for this promotion if I put a cabin of my choice & sailing on a 24 hour hold....and then confirmed tomorrow using the promotion? I am getting close to making a final selection....and do have cabin preferences. ;)

Is that unfair to others??? :eek: (or just proactive):rolleyes:

Hi Lobster,

Interesting question. The fine print states new bookings as of 1/7, so technically your booking would be on their records today. Therefore, it could be an issue.

If there's a fair amount of availability, I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow, and save yourself a potential headache :). FWIW, I'm not planning to book until later this week.

I really like the fact that you can upgrade to the premium oackage for an additional $11.50 per day (less than the price of one Molecular Bar cocktail) ..what a deal!!! Will be booking something for next winter for sure.

Can you tell me the source of your information on upgrading to Premium package for $11.50 a day??? That sounds too good to be true!!!

We were looking at booking a Pacific Coastal cruise this fall and were excited to hear of these offers. It looks like the cruise is not in the “applicable” list of destinations. We are so disappointed!

I think they are - try clicking on the link for Alaska cruises. I found the coastal cruises that way. That is the one I want to apply this promotion to as well.

Can you tell me the source of your information on upgrading to Premium package for $11.50 a day??? That sounds too good to be true!!!

Hi New Hampshire,

Please read my first post in this thread. The fine print has the information about the $11.50 per person, per day, premium package upgrade listed there. Also, you may wish to click on this link, for additional details : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

When stuff like this happens I wonder what the advantage is with booking early? I have booked 3 cruises using the Future Cruise Certificates. The prices haven't increased since I booked about 3 months ago but the new promotions are better.

Using those certificates don't allow you to cancel and if you transfer it is not considered a new booking. Also some my cruises are within the 60 day period.

I have got a Email from one agency that is promoting besides the offer from X they will include gratuities, SBC and bus transportation from select cities

if you are among the first set number to book a cruise.

Am going to feel like a red headed stepchild being on board having to pay for all of my beverages when others that paid the same price for the same cabin will be getting bottled water, smoothies, special coffees, bar drinks and etc

I think in the future I will wait. Am very flexible and don't need to really plan in advance. One of those times where if yo snooze you loose or the early bird gets the worm doesn't apply.

We were looking at booking a Pacific Coastal cruise this fall and were excited to hear of these offers. It looks like the cruise is not in the “applicable” list of destinations. We are so disappointed!

Hi JudithLynne,

I think you will be happy, when you locate them under the Alaska sailings. I hope that's what you are looking for.

OK here is some complicated stuff let me know if this is wrong.

I have 2 cruises booked one in March 2013 and one in April 2014 neither are final payment due yet.

I want to call X cancel both and rebook both upgrading from CC to a Sky suite on both ?

Anyone see any problems, I will lose the 200 gift card match on the 1st cruise but the 2nd has no offers on it yet.

Hi Dgparent,

In the fine print, it states new bookings only. However, in previous promotions, we've had members report having success making changes. As you mentioned, I'm certain you would lose the 200.00 gift card match from the previous promotion, but it may make sense to do so. Of course, I cannot promise anything, but as a I always say - you have nothing to lose by asking.

I hope it all works out in your favor. Please let us know. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi, that is exactly why I posted, thinking I surely had calculated incorrectly! But our steadfast Andy says he thinks that is right...so talk about the deal of the century! Dollar-wise it is the absolute best of the three offers. I read it several times thinking I was surely wrong...

Now, if we can just figure out what cruise to Alaska we'll be making some progress!