New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

We were on the Sillie in Feb with the premium package and they STILL took our bottles from us when we came back on the ship in St Thomas. I don't think it makes any sense, but if it makes them feel good, what the heck.

In my experience that always seem to be more diligent in St. Thomas. Maybe because of the higher allowance on what you can bring back duty free.

I'm looking at booking an April 2014 TA. The schedules were just released. The prices are ridiculous compared to the previous three I've done when there was no 123 promo. I have seen the prices for some cruises bumped up to "include" the promo...IMHO.

When does the 123 end? So I'll look again at the cruise I want to take.

I'm looking at booking an April 2014 TA. The schedules were just released. The prices are ridiculous compared to the previous three I've done when there was no 123 promo. I have seen the prices for some cruises bumped up to "include" the promo...IMHO.

The current Promo doesn't cover April 2014, so I doubt there is any price increase to cover the 123 promo.

Hi Helen haywood,

Unless something changes, the final day to book the 123 GO promotion is April 15th. FYI, the 123 GO offer is not available for the new deployment cruises. There's a separate Captains Club priority access offer for the new sailings. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

I just booked a European cruise for May 2014. When I asked about 123 offer, the Celebrity rep. said that if they extend it beyond Mar, of 2014, I can get it if I pay the price at that time. Is that true? I hope someone has experience. Thanks.

Hi Nana,

If the promotion is extended, you might be eligible for 123 GO. However, you probably received the "new deployment" promotional offer, and you cannot keep this offer and 123 GO if it were eligible for your sailing. You would be required to forfeit any previous offers/discounts, and then pay the prevailing rate.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hello. I booked an ocean view cabin and when I called to say I wanted the drink package from the "123 Go!" deal, I was told it was not available on any cabin lower than a concierge on that particular cruise (Dec. 14 Summit out of San Juan).

On Celebrity's website it says:

Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar, Group X, cruisetour and ARS price program rates and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is only applicable with the following price programs that begin with FST, TR, GRPX, ARS.

I asked how I am supposed to know what programs being with FST, TR, etc.! Person on phone told me it says so on website. I didn't see anything.

Can somebody please explain to me how I am to know which cruises and cabin categories I would be able to get the "123 Go!" deal?

Thank you!

Edited by D&beach&J

For this particular promotion I think you're going to have to actually call Celebrity or your travel agent to find out which rate programs are available. I don't know that you can tell on their website. It is available on every sailing as long as one of those rate codes are available. And on the Summit December 14 that rate code is only available on Concierge and up.

For this particular promotion I think you're going to have to actually call Celebrity or your travel agent to find out which rate programs are available. I don't know that you can tell on their website. It is available on every sailing as long as one of those rate codes are available. And on the Summit December 14 that rate code is only available on Concierge and up.

Thank you for the response. I guess they aren't going to make it easy :cool:

Just a little comment- we normally book balconies so it hasn't come up, but this time we just booked an oceanview and they are still allowing the one category upgrade from the Captain's Club combined with 123GO which is nice :)

Just wondering if prices drop on category I have booked on upcoming cruise so that aqua class becomes same price can my TA take advantage of price drop without losing my 1-2-3 benefits? Thanks for any advise

It should be fine-- that's what happened to us on this past cruise we just got off of and we were able to upgrade to AQ and still got our 1,2,3 Go drink package :)

Just want to confirm, do people always see the promotion on the Celebrity web site? (I know it took some time for many people.)

My TA says the promotion has been applied, but it doesn't appear under My cruises, and when I select beverage packages to order, they still appear at full price.

It should be fine-- that's what happened to us on this past cruise we just got off of and we were able to upgrade to AQ and still got our 1,2,3 Go drink package :)

That is because the package is still being offered. We tried however to upgrade to a suite guarantee about 10 days before our scheduled cruise two weeks ago and were told since the guarentee was a special price we could not combine promotions and would loose the drink package. We stayed in our original AQ cabin.

You can book and rebook at the rack rate and keep your package if not a special rate.

Also it took a few weeks until we saw the WAV discount listed on our reservation

Edited by Cruise a holic

We "upgraded" from classic to premium when we modified our reservation back on 1/10/2013 for our 12/1/13 cruise. At the time of booking, the representative said that the $322 additional (the cost to upgrade 2 people/14 nights) would be added to our "invoice" / payment details. Well - almost three months later, it has still not been added. The guest invoice that was emailed from X, shows that we have "WAV7 - PREM BEV" - so I called and was told that they are not taking payment for the drink package in advance and we will have to handle on board. Anyone else getting the same song and dance??

We "upgraded" from classic to premium when we modified our reservation back on 1/10/2013 for our 12/1/13 cruise. At the time of booking, the representative said that the $322 additional (the cost to upgrade 2 people/14 nights) would be added to our "invoice" / payment details. Well - almost three months later, it has still not been added. The guest invoice that was emailed from X, shows that we have "WAV7 - PREM BEV" - so I called and was told that they are not taking payment for the drink package in advance and we will have to handle on board. Anyone else getting the same song and dance??

I booked 3 future cruises while on board the Solstice in February and the Future Cruise rep said that we would not be billed for the upgrade until our final payment for the cruise. I kind of liked not having to pay a year in advance.

I don't understand why you're upset. If you want to feel you've prepaid then just "gift" yourself the $322 now. I'm sure Celebrity will be happy to have that money in advance.

Hi Nana,

If the promotion is extended, you might be eligible for 123 GO. However, you probably received the "new deployment" promotional offer, and you cannot keep this offer and 123 GO if it were eligible for your sailing. You would be required to forfeit any previous offers/discounts, and then pay the prevailing rate.

I hope this helps !

Andy, there are so many questions about how the 1-2-3-GO promotion works, that I thought I'd share something we learned on Equinox. We had decided to book a holiday cruise on Century onboard, and asked the Captain's Club booking agent how that would work. He told us that, although we could not get the on-board booking OBC with the 123GO, we could still take advantage of the reduced deposit for booking onboard. I'm glad we were able to do that, as we may end up having a scheduling conflict for that cruise. If it does turn out that we eventually have to cancel, at least we won't have so much money tied up in deposits. :cool:

For my February cruise that I booked directly, I requested the upgrade at booking then amonth or so later received an email with the upgrade applied. I ignored it and a week later received another email. I called an the agent informed me that I needed to pay it after it was invoiced, so I did.

For my September cruise, booked through a TA, we had requested the upgrade but never got billed. I had her call and pay for the upgrade yesterday - just because I wanted it programmed into my card and done with.

Now the upgrades show up under "My Cruise Extras" on both cruise reservations.

Andy, there are so many questions about how the 1-2-3-GO promotion works, that I thought I'd share something we learned on Equinox. We had decided to book a holiday cruise on Century onboard, and asked the Captain's Club booking agent how that would work. He told us that, although we could not get the on-board booking OBC with the 123GO, we could still take advantage of the reduced deposit for booking onboard. I'm glad we were able to do that, as we may end up having a scheduling conflict for that cruise. If it does turn out that we eventually have to cancel, at least we won't have so much money tied up in deposits. :cool:

Hi Wwcruisers,

Thanks for sharing your experience. That's exactly what I experienced on Connie a few weeks ago, and will be sure to inquire while onboard Eclipse.

Does anyone think they will open the 123 package for the April 2014 sailings again? I have a group of people on the April 5th Reflection cruise. More people want to book but this time the package was only good till March:(

I booked 3 future cruises while on board the Solstice in February and the Future Cruise rep said that we would not be billed for the upgrade until our final payment for the cruise. I kind of liked not having to pay a year in advance.

I don't understand why you're upset. If you want to feel you've prepaid then just "gift" yourself the $322 now. I'm sure Celebrity will be happy to have that money in advance.

Ummm... not sure where you got the impression I am "upset"? I just want to make sure I have my bases covered. I am not asking to pay for it now, I just noticed that no monetary amount has been added to my online account or to the guest booking reservation. I was originally told that we would need to pay with final payment and now being told otherwise. There seems to be a load of disconnect and I don't want to get on board and have guest relations tell me I was supposed to pay for it in advance.