MUTS - Too Loud

ChevyCruiser

We go to the aft pool...Very quiet!

One of my pet peeves with Princess is the too-loud volume for MUTS, especially in the daytime when it's very annoying while trying to relax around the pool or enjoy a snack. :mad: If one searches threads for MUTS, it seeems to be a common complaint.

I wonder how many other people feel the same way and if you do, do you complain about it while on the ship?

If that same movie were being shown in the peace and quiet of the theatre, those theatre seats would be empty at 2pm on a sunny day.... So of course there are crowds, but they aren't necessarily there because of MUTS but in spite of MUTS.

Exactly. Let's be honest here. If Tina Turner were playing in an indoor theater on a sunny day, not a single person would go to see it. No one would be interested enough to make the effort. So what does that tell us? That when the same show plays on MUTS during the day, it is not because the passengers are demanding it but because Princess wants to give us background noise. Pools don't need background noise, plain and simple. And people who need music or movies while they sit by a pool can use any number of smartphone, i-Pod and tablet devices with earbuds. Everyone is happy.

Well stated and I agree 100%. Now, if only Princess would listen and change. We are meeting our TA today to book the Crown for Jan, 2014 for 14 days. At least it has several pools, maybe we can stay in the sun and avoid MUTs and further hearing loss.

Hearing loss is permanent. If you have already experienced

hearing loss from MUTS, as you imply, why would you even

consider going back to such a place? Certainly there are other

cruise lines and ships which don't have MUTS.

That you choose to repeat something that has caused serious

damage is really odd.

I'm leaving today on the Caribbean Princess!!!!! Not a fan of Mutts during the day but its not bad enough to keep me from going!

I would rather just listen to everyone around then a piped in movie but it is what it is.......VACATION!!!!

Exactly. Let's be honest here. If Tina Turner were playing in an indoor theater on a sunny day, not a single person would go to see it. No one would be interested enough to make the effort. So what does that tell us? That when the same show plays on MUTS during the day, it is not because the passengers are demanding it but because Princess wants to give us background noise.

Showing an old Tina Turner concert costs less than having another band on board to provide more live music in the pool area.

I tried, on several occasions, to watch movies and/or football games during the day on the Emerald Princess. When the sun is shining, the display is nothing better than poor. Except for when football is on, most (or all) of the people in the area during the day are ignoring what is on the screen. What amazes me is how people can sleep and read through that racket.

One time, the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was on (would that be considered a "last run" movie?). I was going to the Calypso Bar for a drink when one of the oh-so-strange songs was being sung. I looked pityingly at Leon, the bartender and he rolled his eyes and said it was the truly the most tortuous part of his job.

Stop abusing the crew! Ask Princess to turn down (or turn off) MUTS during the day!

;)

Walking by MUTS many times I have not noticed the sound to be to loud. I have noticed people napping, playing cards, swimming, etc. and not seeming to be bothered by the sound. We have never sat down to watch a MUTS movie or watch one in the theater or on TV, too many other things to do all day and night.:)

Hearing loss is permanent. If you have already experienced

hearing loss from MUTS, as you imply, why would you even

consider going back to such a place? Certainly there are other

cruise lines and ships which don't have MUTS.

That you choose to repeat something that has caused serious

damage is really odd.

I was not serious about the hearing loss. And we do not stay around the pool area when MUTS is on.

We actually enjoy MUTS. in fact, on our December 2012 Ruby trip we were disappointed in the changes. There were way to many Love Boat showings and no movies. There where way too many old black and white movies. In act, I think every day they showed the black and white version of Phantom of the Opera??!! I love watching the movies. Well, the movies and all the people eating 24/7! Sometimes it seems a little loud, but it has never end bothered me. I'm hoping that on the Royal they show movies. But, that's what I love about these boards- every one has a different opinion.

Archived