Would we have heard by now, Ship Swap??

sodafountain

So, with the first cruise scheduled, i believe, on the 13th March, the 13 night Temples & Tavernas cruise from Limassol to Majorca, this is only 63 days away from today, do you think we would have heard by now if the ship was not going to sail?

How many days before Majesty took over from Destiny were we informed, and how late do you think they could leave it, if it was going to happen?

Maybe the good ship will be sailing this year after all :D

EDIT - from looking through last years post, this is the first one i can find with mention of the swap, posted by Rebel Rouser on the 6th March, with the swap taking place on the 4th May, which was 59 days - so 4 days from today for the same time frame.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1587661

The Island Escape is booked into Palma port on 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd April, but has no further bookings after that so far.

On Palma's Port Authority website, Island Escape is listed until 28 October 2014, with dates every Tuesday for summer 2013 and 2014 season.

http://www.portsdebalears.com/25.php3?idioma=eng&puerto=4&diainicio=10&mesinicio=01&anyoinicio=2013&diafin=11&mesfin=01&anyofin=2015

Just looking at my annual report on my blog, and the most popular way of getting there wasn't by clicking on a link on Cruise Critic, it was Googling the following.

1. Island Escape is sold

2. Island Escape sold

3. Thomson Dream refit (we'll ignore that one ;))

4. Island Escape been sold

Even if none of this has been true and it was all just speculation, at least it's got my blog some hits! :D :D

I think that for 2013 at least, IE should now be sailing as normal, unless we hear anything within the next couple of weeks. :)

Archived